Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Draugar of Norse Mythology

Realm of Unknown

Draugar for no joke guys! They might be corpses but Draugr are probably the most insane creatures I've looked into to date. We'll have to see if anyone can top them in the future. Good for them though..

Edited by Realm of Unknown
  • Like 3

Draugr not draugar.

That's a slight stretch of their abilities, as those powers are taken from different sources and stories and put together as one description--but hell yes, a powerful creature nonetheless.. Also, it should be noted that Norse dragons serve the same function as draugr (guarding barrows/treasure/such stuff), and while the two words aren't necessarily related linguistically it's is interesting to me at least. And we all know what dragons can do in folklore.

So, yeah, don't go p***ing us viking types off, pretenders like me or otherwise.

:)

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

The point was intended to combind some of the myths together. To show how powerful they were and how vast the mythology is.

As for dragons..

Those may or may not be saved for a future video 😉

• Like 1

The point was intended to combind some of the myths together. To show how powerful they were and how vast the mythology is.

As for dragons..

Those may or may not be saved for a future video

I patiently await that video. :)

• Like 1

You shall, i'll have several for varies dragons of different cultures.

I patiently await that video. :)

• Like 1

Draugr not draugar.

Also forgot to mention this Thorvir, it is actually correct to say Draugar as well. Its the plural version of Draugr

Also forgot to mention this Thorvir, it is actually correct to say Draugar as well. Its the plural version of Draugr

In....Old Norse? Norwegian? Swedish?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw it on Wikipedia. I should have caught that, since I'm trying to learn Old Norse (or Icelandic). My bad.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1