Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Plant Music

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 21 August 2001 - 08:56 PM

Those of you who enjoy 'new age' music may like this site. A biochemist has taken the molecular structure of proteins found in plants and converted them into sounds. Very relaxing. The link comes from an article in the current FORTEAN TIMES magazine;

http://www.molecularmusic.com/

MAGIKMAN

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    pixiedoxen

pixiedoxen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2001 - 10:19 AM

Magikman is the music playing on the link the music that was created?

If that is, I must agree the music is very relaxing.

Pixie

#3    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 22 August 2001 - 08:16 PM

Pixie,

Yes, that is a sample of the music. If you click on the "Music of the Plants" link on the left side of the webpage, there are several more selections you can listen to. They are short, 30 sec. samples, and you'll need real player or windows media player to listen to them.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#4    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 31 January 2002 - 10:34 PM

MagikMan, I'm glad you discovered this site,  thanks for posting the address. I have been there several times now,  and I really enjoy the music.  I have tried to purchase the CD, but I get no replies.    :(

NORA

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#5    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 02 February 2002 - 06:22 AM

Nora,

Hmmmmmm.......I did a little checking around for you, kiddo, but unfortunately there isn't anyone in the states that sells this cd (amazon.com, cdnow.com, etc.). Did you try sending an email to this address? info@molecularmusic.com

I see that the company that sells the cd is located in Crediton, Devon, England. Is it possible that one of our new members lives close to this area and might be able to ring these people up to ask for ordering information? :-/

Magikman

#6    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 02 February 2002 - 07:29 PM

HEY MAGIK!
      Thanks for checking out places over here for the CD.  Actually,  I did write to them, but never got a reply. :(
      Also,  thanks to the internet world,  I have made many new friends over in England.  I even 'turned them on' ;D to the website!  I will have to see if they can help me.  But if anyone here finds out anything more,  I would greatly appreciate it!
      Take care,
       NORA

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users