Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012: Medjugorje 10 Secrets?

Matt89

1a. Advertising: Do not advertise or promote other web sites, books, products, media releases or services without express permission from a member of staff. The site is not a free advertising platform, registering an account solely for the purpose of posting promotional material will result in the suspension of your account. If you maintain a personal or other non-commercial web site you may place a short link to it in your profile signature block.

1b. Recruitment: Do not recruit site visitors in to joining other web sites, forums or groups, request participation in surveys, petitions, contests, protests, political campaigns, fund raisers or money making schemes.

There are already a lot of information on this site. however I look forward to read more about this matter. 10 secrets were given to 6 visionaries about coming event. We know the first secret is an event on earth and after that the earth was desolate

Edited by aquatus1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSearcher

• lightly

• Emma_Acid

• Helen of Annoy

There are already a lot of information on this site. however I look forward to read more about this matter. 10 secrets were given to 6 visionaries about coming event. We know the first secret is an event on earth and after that the earth was desolate

Spamming, advertising and preaching all in one go.

2 things:

1 - can we close this thread?

2 - what event happened and desolated the earth?

Spamming, advertising and preaching all in one go.

You forgot to say it's in the wrong section of the forum too. I quickly scanned the site, should be in the "Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs" section.

Since the whole of the 2012 phenomena and speculation began with the simple fact that the Mayan calendar ends an era and begins a new one known as a 'sun'. It is like switching from December to January so 2012 is not the end of the world going by the Mayan calendar cycle alone.

Throughout many cultures though there are local, ethnic, regional, and cultural beliefs regarding either major changes or other events occurring in some future time, from some Native American tribes tales of the return of the White Buffalo Calf Woman, the old Toltec and Aztec legend that Queztalcoatl would return, the Islamic awaiting for the Mahdi, the return of Christ, the fifth Buddha, etc...the list goes on and on with a plethora of prophecies, legends, and predictions all converging...at least in the world view and minds of some.

Medjugorje is no different and some believe the secrets are tied into 2012. Of course there are others who just find Medjugorge just a spiritual place for their own reasons without any connection to 2012.

I am not well versed so maybe the OP can simply tell us how he believes they are connected?

Medjugorje is now spiritually interesting place because of all those people who visited it. They are the reason why I’m trying to be considerate when pointing out that the whole story started as a part of feud between Franciscans and local bishop appointed by Vatican. Then visitors started coming and greed took over.

Although I think there are certain interesting goings-on (as I said, all those focused people), the story of Chatty Virgin Mary is simply a fraud.

Oh, 2012, almost forgot. I follow the development of Medjugorje phenomenon from the start and this is the first time this particular year has popped up.

My biggest problem with that is there seems to be a push to get people to worship "Mary's Immaculate heart", which rather flies in the face of the whole Idols rule from the Commandments.

My biggest problem with that is there seems to be a push to get people to worship "Mary's Immaculate heart", which rather flies in the face of the whole Idols rule from the Commandments.

Well, you can’t have Catholicism without idolatry. But idolatry works for believers better than praying to thin air. It’s probably in accordance to god’s will, otherwise there would be no miracles. (I’m only half sarcastic.)

Over here people are worshipping Virgin Mary without any pushing. It only shows that they feel there should be female aspect of deity. It’s not specialty of Medjugorje, it’s the need for more natural religion, the one that wouldn’t be completely opposite of normal human behaviour.

Of course, average catholic priest wouldn’t agree with me, even the average grandmother that talks to statues in the church wouldn’t, but I think I’m not far from the truth when I say that old ways and old belief never died.

Why we had to import religion, anyway?

Not to rock anyone's boat, but Medjugorje has been unceremoniously dumped from approved "holy sites" by the Vatican. The Church seems to think the whole thing was a scam. :innocent:

• 1 month later...

Firstly, Catholics DO NOT worship Mary, we honour her. Secondly, the Church has said that ppl are free to go and pray at Medjugorge, but usually the Church will not disapprove or approve apparitions until they have stopped. So far Medjugorge has received support of the Church.

If Medjugorge and 2012 are related in anyway, I think that the Great Warning predicted there and uin Garabandal will happen

• 6 months later...

Medjugorjie is NOT about worshiping Mary or anyone else but Jesus.....Do you ever ask anyone else to pray for you who is living or has already died? We ask all the time for other people to pray for us for whatever reason....We do the same with Saints and Mary who have passed on before us. Who better to ask to pray for you then someone close to Jesus and Jesus himself...Like John the Baptist calling people back to God...Mary does the same thing now calling people back to her son before its too late. She has been appearing since 1981 and has said....these will be the last appearances before the NEW ERA begins.....She promised a visible sign on the hill that she first appeared on in Medjugorjie...it will last till the end of time and nothing on earth will be able to change or destroy it. The children ( visionaries) know the time and date this will occur and will let the world know 3 days before it appears.....

Medjugorje is now spiritually interesting place because of all those people who visited it. They are the reason why I’m trying to be considerate when pointing out that the whole story started as a part of feud between Franciscans and local bishop appointed by Vatican. Then visitors started coming and greed took over.

Although I think there are certain interesting goings-on (as I said, all those focused people), the story of Chatty Virgin Mary is simply a fraud.

Oh, 2012, almost forgot. I follow the development of Medjugorje phenomenon from the start and this is the first time this particular year has popped up.

The frued occured long before she appeared in Medjugorjie and has nothing to do with her appearances now. In all previous Marian apparitions thru time the local bishop has always not beleved the kids till the apparitions were over. Someone said the church has condemned medujorjie as a fraud...totally INCORRECT. The church cannot say if an apparition is authentic or not till they have ceased....She is still appearing to 3 of the six visionaries on a daily basis! In fact, these kids have been studied by neurologist, phsychologist and been tested my numerous scientist many times over the years...they are of sound mind and body and have determined they are not lying....science has said they are seeing something but cannot confirm or deny that the blessed mother is causing it...that comes by faith in the kids. I have been with the visionaries when they are seeing Mary...ive been right next to them and i can tell you they are authentic.....if it was a lie it would have been discovered long ago....these kids have been consistent in thier expereinces for almost 30 yrs now. The youngest boy when the apparitions started was 10yrs old and was in visions for over 2 hours on his knees looking straight up....you show me a 10 yr old who can pretend to look at something while on thier knees for over 2 hrs...not possible..... I encourage you to take a trip there and see for yourself...i think you will have a different opinion when u come back.

The frued occured long before she appeared in Medjugorjie and has nothing to do with her appearances now. In all previous Marian apparitions thru time the local bishop has always not beleved the kids till the apparitions were over. Someone said the church has condemned medujorjie as a fraud...totally INCORRECT. The church cannot say if an apparition is authentic or not till they have ceased....She is still appearing to 3 of the six visionaries on a daily basis!

It's funny you bring up the subject of the alleged Marian apparitions at Medjugorjie.

I'm Catholic myself and at this Church I go to sometimes this one priest keeps talking about Medjugorjie during his sermons. Finally he went too far the other day when he was quoting directly from what those kids over there say and attributing those words to the goddess herself.

This is a very serious issue indeed. This is like rewriting the bible on the fly from the pulpit by claiming that Mary herself said things just because those kids over in Medjugorjie said it.

I don't doubt that those kids are seeing something. The question is what.

For one thing as you said the Church has not formally approved these so called visions as they have for Fatima. So right there this priest should not be quoting from those statements in Church.

Then he was saying that people should fast. Well again that's not consistent with Church rules since the only two days that require fasting for the Catholic Church at this time are Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

I figured eventually something horrible was going to happen with this guy because he's teaching false teachings in Church.

Well he announced the other day that a friend of his from the seminary committed suicide. Even saying that in Church is weird and this priest is an odd ball anyway. But for me it was a sign from God that I am right and this guy shouldn't be talking about Medjugorjie so much.

I wonder if his friend was feeling depressed so this priest started repeating what the kids from Medjugorjie said and these lies pushed his friend over the edge. These are the dangers when false teachings get mixed in with great truths. This is worse than just telling all lies.

Until the Church approves these so called visions they are nothing more than a cult at this present time. Even if the Church someday does approve them that will be a mistake.

Someone told me the bishop has given this priest permission to talk about Medjugorjie at Church. If true this was a mistake made by the bishop I feel.

People sometimes get bored and lose patience with their spiritual searching which often involves periods of trial. They look for the sensational too much sometimes.

This is I think what happened to Earlyne Chaney as I explain below in my review of one of her books. As I said I believe Earlyne was given an important mission to perform by the goddess. But something went horribly wrong when Earlyne tried to fulfill this mission.

Jeff Marzano

Beyond Tomorrow (Paperback)

Tomorrow Never Came, September 7, 2009

This book contains a lot of very imaginative information and Earlyne Chaney truly believed in what she was doing and writing. I enjoyed reading this book.

I have some concerns about the material though.

Earlyne received information from her 'unseen teachers' about some specific events which she predicted would happen before the year 2000:

1) the European countries would adopt the American dollar as their currency

2) the earth would experience a mini ice age

3) we would see the 'white moon planet' in the sky which was really a space ship which would cause natural disasters like volcanoes and hurricanes to force us to dismantle our nuclear weapons.

I'm not sure what to make about all of this since up until now I viewed Earlyne as a serious researcher and new age mystic. I'm now beginning to view her Astara organization as a cult.

Earlyne believed that the Egyptian goddess Isis and the Virgin Mary of the Catholic Church are the same being. This was revealed to her during a strange and mystical experience she had inside the Great Pyramid where she was able to sort of relive her initiation experience in Egypt many thousands of years ago.

At that time Isis gave her a mission to bridge the gap between the different religions such as Catholicism, the Free Masons, and all others I guess.

I actually believe this is all true.

However something went wrong somewhere when Earlyne tried to fulfill this mission.

This book has definite anti Catholic overtones. She is very critical about the Church not agreeing that the alleged Marian apparitions at Medjugorje and Garabandal are authentic. Well guess what the Church, though often maligned, doesn't blindly believe everyone who says they've been seeing the Virgin Mary on top of a building and she's been talking to them.

One of these so called visionaries claimed Mary told them that many bishops had gone astray and Earlyne actually names the bishop at Garabandal as being one of those people.

It's interesting because the people at Medjugorje seem to be in conflict with the Church. Perhaps they sought a vision from some other source and this is what happened.

In any case Earlyne's anti Catholic statements violate rule number 1 of Astara's mission statement:

"...teaching all religions as beneficial to humankind"

This is one of those books that quotes from the bible sometimes but then mixes in quotes from other 'alternative' scriptures which in this case is a document called the 'Codex Sinaiticus'.

She says Moses and the Israelites were being guided by someone in a space ship during the Exodus.

She claims to have miraculously performed surgery on people using just her fingers while working with a guy they refer to as "the surgeon of the rusty knife".

Earlyne leaves her most outrageous and far out statements for the last chapter. There she discusses how the Star Of Bethlehem was a space ship which shot a ray into Mary and lifted the newborn Christ from her body.

She talks about how women are being impregnated by space gods and the unborn children are removed before birth somehow. This is eerily reminiscent of the so called 'alien abduction' phenomenon which is real I believe.

There was a case where this guy convinced his girlfriend that he was an alien being and that she should mate with him to start a new type of life form on earth. But they had to get rid of his first wife since she wanted to ruin their plans so they killed her. They are now both in prison.

There was an interesting point in the book though which is the reason the pharaoh chose to pursue Moses and the Israelites after first agreeing to let them go was Moses took the Ark Of The Covenant. This was not part of the original agreement, at least not the way pharaoh saw it.

If true this implies to me that the Egyptian priests would have assisted Moses in doing this so they also conspired against the evil pharaoh.

Jeff Marzano

Initiation (Elisabeth Haich)

Secret Life: Firsthand, Documented Accounts of UFO Abductions

The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls: Unlocking the Secrets of the Past, Present, and Future

Edgar Cayce on Vibrations: Spirit in Motion

EDGAR CAYCE'S STORY OF JESUS

St. Malachy's Prophecy

Ufo...Contact from Planet Iarga

Edgar cayce's story of the origin and destiny of man

My Descent into Death: And the Message of Love Which Brought Me Back

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny you bring up the subject of the alleged Marian apparitions at Medjugorjie.

I'm Catholic myself and at this Church I go to sometimes this one priest keeps talking about Medjugorjie during his sermons. Finally he went too far the other day when he was quoting directly from what those kids over there say and attributing those words to the goddess herself.

This is a very serious issue indeed. This is like rewriting the bible on the fly from the pulpit by claiming that Mary herself said things just because those kids over in Medjugorjie said it.

I don't doubt that those kids are seeing something. The question is what.

For one thing as you said the Church has not formally approved these so called visions as they have for Fatima. So right there this priest should not be quoting from those statements in Church.

Then he was saying that people should fast. Well again that's not consistent with Church rules since the only two days that require fasting for the Catholic Church at this time are Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

I figured eventually something horrible was going to happen with this guy because he's teaching false teachings in Church.

Well he announced the other day that a friend of his from the seminary committed suicide. Even saying that in Church is weird and this priest is an odd ball anyway. But for me it was a sign from God that I am right and this guy shouldn't be talking about Medjugorjie so much.

I wonder if his friend was feeling depressed so this priest started repeating what the kids from Medjugorjie said and these lies pushed his friend over the edge. These are the dangers when false teachings get mixed in with great truths. This is worse than just telling all lies.

Until the Church approves these so called visions they are nothing more than a cult at this present time. Even if the Church someday does approve them that will be a mistake.

Someone told me the bishop has given this priest permission to talk about Medjugorjie at Church. If true this was a mistake made by the bishop I feel.

People sometimes get bored and lose patience with their spiritual searching which often involves periods of trial. They look for the sensational too much sometimes.

This is I think what happened to Earlyne Chaney as I explain below in my review of one of her books. As I said I believe Earlyne was given an important mission to perform by the goddess. But something went horribly wrong when Earlyne tried to fulfill this mission.

Jeff Marzano

Beyond Tomorrow (Paperback)

Tomorrow Never Came, September 7, 2009

This book contains a lot of very imaginative information and Earlyne Chaney truly believed in what she was doing and writing. I enjoyed reading this book.

I have some concerns about the material though.

Earlyne received information from her 'unseen teachers' about some specific events which she predicted would happen before the year 2000:

1) the European countries would adopt the American dollar as their currency

2) the earth would experience a mini ice age

3) we would see the 'white moon planet' in the sky which was really a space ship which would cause natural disasters like volcanoes and hurricanes to force us to dismantle our nuclear weapons.

I'm not sure what to make about all of this since up until now I viewed Earlyne as a serious researcher and new age mystic. I'm now beginning to view her Astara organization as a cult.

Earlyne believed that the Egyptian goddess Isis and the Virgin Mary of the Catholic Church are the same being. This was revealed to her during a strange and mystical experience she had inside the Great Pyramid where she was able to sort of relive her initiation experience in Egypt many thousands of years ago.

At that time Isis gave her a mission to bridge the gap between the different religions such as Catholicism, the Free Masons, and all others I guess.

I actually believe this is all true.

However something went wrong somewhere when Earlyne tried to fulfill this mission.

This book has definite anti Catholic overtones. She is very critical about the Church not agreeing that the alleged Marian apparitions at Medjugorje and Garabandal are authentic. Well guess what the Church, though often maligned, doesn't blindly believe everyone who says they've been seeing the Virgin Mary on top of a building and she's been talking to them.

One of these so called visionaries claimed Mary told them that many bishops had gone astray and Earlyne actually names the bishop at Garabandal as being one of those people.

It's interesting because the people at Medjugorje seem to be in conflict with the Church. Perhaps they sought a vision from some other source and this is what happened.

In any case Earlyne's anti Catholic statements violate rule number 1 of Astara's mission statement:

"...teaching all religions as beneficial to humankind"

This is one of those books that quotes from the bible sometimes but then mixes in quotes from other 'alternative' scriptures which in this case is a document called the 'Codex Sinaiticus'.

She says Moses and the Israelites were being guided by someone in a space ship during the Exodus.

She claims to have miraculously performed surgery on people using just her fingers while working with a guy they refer to as "the surgeon of the rusty knife".

Earlyne leaves her most outrageous and far out statements for the last chapter. There she discusses how the Star Of Bethlehem was a space ship which shot a ray into Mary and lifted the newborn Christ from her body.

She talks about how women are being impregnated by space gods and the unborn children are removed before birth somehow. This is eerily reminiscent of the so called 'alien abduction' phenomenon which is real I believe.

There was a case where this guy convinced his girlfriend that he was an alien being and that she should mate with him to start a new type of life form on earth. But they had to get rid of his first wife since she wanted to ruin their plans so they killed her. They are now both in prison.

There was an interesting point in the book though which is the reason the pharaoh chose to pursue Moses and the Israelites after first agreeing to let them go was Moses took the Ark Of The Covenant. This was not part of the original agreement, at least not the way pharaoh saw it.

If true this implies to me that the Egyptian priests would have assisted Moses in doing this so they also conspired against the evil pharaoh.

Jeff Marzano

Initiation (Elisabeth Haich)

Secret Life: Firsthand, Documented Accounts of UFO Abductions

The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls: Unlocking the Secrets of the Past, Present, and Future

Edgar Cayce on Vibrations: Spirit in Motion

EDGAR CAYCE'S STORY OF JESUS

St. Malachy's Prophecy

Ufo...Contact from Planet Iarga

Edgar cayce's story of the origin and destiny of man

My Descent into Death: And the Message of Love Which Brought Me Back

2012 is seemed to be the dead year. There are so many foretelling sbout it. The World War III will happen. The earth will be ended because of the Sun will change it's rotation and the earth will be shortage of water and electric because of that. So our lives are going to the end? What will happen? so scared!

2012 is seemed to be the dead year. There are so many foretelling sbout it. The World War III will happen. The earth will be ended because of the Sun will change it's rotation and the earth will be shortage of water and electric because of that. So our lives are going to the end? What will happen? so scared!

Live day by day because nothing is ever promised to you tomorrow.

Jay, let me explain why you should by no means be scared of 2012. ALL the so-called predictions, are from the last 10 to 20 years, maximum. There are NO foretellings that are not made by some new age / fringe person. 2012 came only into the spotlight, due to our two good friends Zacharia Zitchin and Erich Von Däniken and their damnable books, filled with half truths, outright lies and misinterpretations.

World war III, may happen, or may not happen, bottom line is, humanity never has known any time, when there was peace everywhere, at the same time. There's always a dirty little war going on somewhere.

Where on earth did you get the idea that the sun will change it's rotation or that that is even remotely possible, given what we know about the sun's rotation? A little explanation is in order, I think. I'll try to keep it simple, although that might be hard given the subject at hand.

The rotation of the Sun is kind of hard to pin down. That's because a day on the Sun depends on which part of the Sun you're talking about. A spot on the equator of the Sun takes 25 days to rotate around the Sun and return to the same position. But the Sun's rotation rate decreases as you approach the poles. At the north and south poles, the rotation of the Sun is 36 days, for example. Weird isn't it?

Astronomers also know that the interior of the Sun rotated differently than the surface. The inner regions, the core and the radiative zone, rotate together like a solid body. And then the outer layers, the convective zone and photosphere, rotate at a different speed.

So when someone tells you, the rotation of the Sun is going to change, ask them which part. For some more information about the sun's rotation, please check this site and this site, the explanations are simple and clear enough.

Now here is the site that I recommend mostly to you, read through it and you will understand why 2012 is nothing else than a big fat scam, so that a few greedy people can make money, using the fear of others. I personally find it despicable and disgusting.

Here is another link which has some interesting articles about this 2012 idiocy ...erm...hype....

The bottom line on this all is the following : there will be no more risk at end of the world or ending of all life on this here blue planet, in 2012, then there will be in 2011 or 2013 or even 10 years from now. Don't let them scare you.

No, 2012 is not "the dead year". This is exactly why talking bull**** is not a victimless crime.

Predictions never, ever, come true. Take a look at this website, and you'll see a list of previously predicted apocalypses, none of which, you may have noticed, ever came true.

The sun will not change its rotation, this is physically impossible.

Our lives will not end. Nothing will happen. Chill out, do some proper research into things that do actually matter, like education or the environment.

No, 2012 is not "the dead year". This is exactly why talking bull**** is not a victimless crime.

Predictions never, ever, come true. Take a look at this website, and you'll see a list of previously predicted apocalypses, none of which, you may have noticed, ever came true.

The sun will not change its rotation, this is physically impossible.

Our lives will not end. Nothing will happen. Chill out, do some proper research into things that do actually matter, like education or the environment.

Nicely said. I sometimes do have the impression that I try to explain to much in detail for some people to comprehend, so doubly well said.

Nicely said. I sometimes do have the impression that I try to explain to much in detail for some people to comprehend, so doubly well said.

Thanks. Scaremongering is all well and good until people actually get scared, then its just irresponsible, no matter how correct or incorrect they are.

B) Medjugore has not been approved by the Church is correct.The sayings of the Virgin Mary, if that is who is appearing here, must be in accordance with the teachings of the Gospel and the teachings of the church,but especially the gospel. If the Virgin tells people to past and pray, there is nothing unbiblical or against tchurch teachings in this regard. Jesus Himself went off into the desert to fast and pray,where the devil found Him

and tried to tempt Him, but of course it didn't work. Monks and nuns in cloistered monasteries like the Trappists, Carthusians,and others do not eat meat and also fast at times,so yes it is okay for the Catholic laity to fast,but under the direction of a doctor,incase one has underlining medical problems they don't know about,and could cause problems health wise.

We Catholics do honor Mary as the Mother of the Saviour.However, the conflict between Catholics and Protestants in this regard comes about because some Catholics do seem to spend more time on Mary,rather than her son,Jesus.

An example: Years ago back in the 1960s I attended confirmation classes at Elmendorf AFB.in Alaska.

My mother when I got home asked me about class. When i mentioned Father called the Virgin Mary the Holy Comforter,

my mother got a ticked off look on her face and said, "The Holy Comforter is THE HOLY SPIRIT!.She was actually mad the priest said that. I told my mom oh, because the priest never explained this to us.This substitute of Mary for the Holy Spirit or pushing the Holy Spirit aside for Mary has even been noticed by Catholic writers,even seen it mentioned in a recent book.most catholic visions come with warnings of wars and disasters to come. The only vision of the Virgin mary which had no message was Zeitoun in Egypt.The virgin Mary was seen walking around the dome of St.Mary's Coptic church,in a suburb of Cairo.At first people thought a woman was going to jump, so they called police.This event went on for a long time.Mary seen walking around the church,praying and blessing the crowd.White dove like figures were also seen flying around.There is a photo of a dove above Mary,possibly the Holy Spirit.This was seen on Egyptian Tv by both christians and muslims and thousands of people flocked to be there in person to witness the sighting for themselves.Even president Nassar is said to have seen this.

The bible speaks of there will be wars and rumors of war. My late father who spent his entire 33years of military service in intelligence once said if there is a World War 3, it will start in the middle east. He was of course basing it on the political history of the region and current events there rather than any biblical prophecy.

I will just sit back and wait to see what happens. they predicted doom and gloom for the year 2000, and we are all still here.

Thanks. Scaremongering is all well and good until people actually get scared, then its just irresponsible, no matter how correct or incorrect they are.

I agree completely, that's why I do try to point out why all the 2012 hype is just bollox. A hype created solely to make money by some very unscrupulous people. When you read some of the stories these days, about people being scared of 2012 and the things they do to themselves and their loved ones, it's mind boggling.

It looks like we do have cause for concern late 2011 and or into 2012... due to natural solar cycles producing solar storms capable of knocking out most of our communications systems.. which could be disastrous nowadays? ... since we are so dependent on them.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2006/10mar_stormwarning/

March 10, 2006: It's official: Solar minimum has arrived. Sunspots have all but vanished. Solar flares are nonexistent. The sun is utterly quiet.

Like the quiet before a storm.

This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). "The next sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one," she says. If correct, the years ahead could produce a burst of solar activity second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.

Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.

"History shows that big sunspot cycles 'ramp up' faster than small ones," he says. "I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007—and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011."

Who's right? Time will tell. Either way, a storm is coming.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SolarCycle/SC24/PressRelease.html

NEXT SOLAR STORM CYCLE WILL START LATE

Experts Split Over Intensity

The next 11-year cycle of solar storms will most likely start next March and peak in late 2011 or mid-2012 – up to a year later than expected – according to a forecast issued today by NOAA’s Space Environment Center in coordination with an international panel of solar experts.

It looks like we do have cause for concern late 2011 and or into 2012... due to natural solar cycles producing solar storms capable of knocking out most of our communications systems.. which could be disastrous nowadays? ... since we are so dependent on them.

March 10, 2006: It's official: Solar minimum has arrived. Sunspots have all but vanished. Solar flares are nonexistent. The sun is utterly quiet.

Like the quiet before a storm.

This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). "The next sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one," she says. If correct, the years ahead could produce a burst of solar activity second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.

Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.

"History shows that big sunspot cycles 'ramp up' faster than small ones," he says. "I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007—and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011."

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SolarCycle/SC24/PressRelease.html

NEXT SOLAR STORM CYCLE WILL START LATE

Experts Split Over Intensity

The next 11-year cycle of solar storms will most likely start next March and peak in late 2011 or mid-2012 – up to a year later than expected – according to a forecast issued today by NOAA’s Space Environment Center in coordination with an international panel of solar experts.

Lightly mate, I hate to correct you, but there is no specific solar storm predicted for 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013. Solar storms can't be predicted more than a few hours in advance. However, the maximum of solar activity in the current solar cycle is predicted for May 2013, but that is just a statistical prediction. The May 2013 maximum is predicted to be quite average really. See this article, from Nasa

The Earth has been subjected to solar storms throughout its history. Granted, we are a bit more vulnerable now than in the past because of our greater dependence on electronics and satellites, but not a single human being throughout history has ever been injured or killed by a solar storm.

Lightly mate, I hate to correct you, but there is no specific solar storm predicted for 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013. Solar storms can't be predicted more than a few hours in advance. However, the maximum of solar activity in the current solar cycle is predicted for May 2013, but that is just a statistical prediction. The May 2013 maximum is predicted to be quite average really. See this article, from Nasa

The Earth has been subjected to solar storms throughout its history. Granted, we are a bit more vulnerable now than in the past because of our greater dependence on electronics and satellites, but not a single human being throughout history has ever been injured or killed by a solar storm.

NASA said this in March.

That was a solar maximum. The Space Age was just beginning: Sputnik was launched in Oct. 1957 and Explorer 1 (the first US satellite) in Jan. 1958. In 1958 you couldn't tell that a solar storm was underway by looking at the bars on your cell phone; cell phones didn't exist. Even so, people knew something big was happening when Northern Lights were sighted three times in Mexico. A similar maximum now would be noticed by its effect on cell phones, GPS, weather satellites and many other modern technologies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_TzIUlaQok

Hi Searcher, ya, i didn't say there was A specific solar storm coming.. just passing on the info posted by Nasa and noaa about the next maximum . Looks like they now think the maximum will be later than earlier predictions? anyway... This is all i said in my post..... "It looks like we do have cause for concern late 2011 and or into 2012... due to natural solar cycles producing solar storms capable of knocking out most of our communications systems.. which could be disastrous nowadays? ... since we are so dependent on them. "

Thanks for your link to the article.. below is , in part, what the article says.

May 29, 2009: An international panel of experts led by NOAA and sponsored by NASA has released a new prediction for the next solar cycle. Solar Cycle 24 will peak, they say, in May 2013 with a below-average number of sunspots.

"Even a below-average cycle is capable of producing severe space weather," points out Biesecker. "The great geomagnetic storm of 1859, for instance, occurred during a solar cycle of about the same size we’re predicting for 2013."

The 1859 storm--known as the "Carrington Event" after astronomer Richard Carrington who witnessed the instigating solar flare--electrified transmission cables, set fires in telegraph offices, and produced Northern Lights so bright that people could read newspapers by their red and green glow. A recent report by the National Academy of Sciences found that if a similar storm occurred today, it could cause $1 to 2 trillion in damages to society's high-tech infrastructure and require four to ten years for complete recovery.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2009/29may_noaaprediction/