Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Tulpa

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 21 July 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Yes, illusions... but not all illusions are the same. It's known (in astrology but also if you look at charlatans, magicians or just anyone who's an illusionist or a charismatic person) that people can project illusions to others, make others experience illusions of different decrees.

There can be many reasons for hallucination, you also mentioned consciousness altering drugs. But I suspect something like a tulpa is an actual physical manifestation, not a hallucination. This would presumably be something that other people could see as well, which is why I linked to the alleged 1917 Fatima, Portugal event. But even there reactions were mixed. Some people saw nothing at all (including religious people) while most claimed they saw "something". I suspect they either wanted to be part of an event or maybe they were just staring at the sun too long.

#32    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postredhen, on 21 July 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

There can be many reasons for hallucination, you also mentioned consciousness altering drugs. But I suspect something like a tulpa is an actual physical manifestation, not a hallucination. This would presumably be something that other people could see as well, which is why I linked to the alleged 1917 Fatima, Portugal event. But even there reactions were mixed. Some people saw nothing at all (including religious people) while most claimed they saw "something". I suspect they either wanted to be part of an event or maybe they were just staring at the sun too long.
you forgot to mention the mass hysteria thing, didn't a lot of people contribute that event to mass hysteria

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#33    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 22 July 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

you forgot to mention the mass hysteria thing, didn't a lot of people contribute that event to mass hysteria

Yes, that's probably more commonly known as group think. Hallucinations are personal, there's no such thing as a mass hallucination.

#34    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

View Postredhen, on 22 July 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yes, that's probably more commonly known as group think. Hallucinations are personal, there's no such thing as a mass hallucination.
Ok, but mass hysteria is a real thing http://en.wikipedia....i/Mass_hysteria

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users