Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

After the USA

acute

The term empire derives from the Latin 'imperium' meaning 'power, authority' and perfectly describes the present situation.

Right now, the USA rules the world — politically, financially, and culturally. People all over the civilized world consume U.S. goods, food, and entertainment, and "when America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold".

All empires think they are 'forever', but division, corruption, disasters, wars, etc, dictate otherwise.

So...

What will replace the USA in its current form?

and

How will this affect its allies in the English-speaking world?

Edited by acute alan

I think its gunna be china as they seem to be on the up and are getting alot of money from some african countrys by paying africans with less than minimum wages

Edited by Ever Learning

I doubt that we can tell at this point what will replace America. And I would not worry about our allies as some of them are building an empire of their own. It could well be that they are the competition instead of China.

Every empire in history has made the mistake of thinking they are 'forever', but on average empires only last for around 250 years. (my estimate)

The Roman Empire lasted about 450 years ans the Byzantium Empire lasted about 1100 years as did the Venetian Empire

The Kush Empire in the Sudan was around for about 1420 years. The Ottoman Empire for about 620. The Vedic Empire for 600, Siam, Portuguese and Hittite, all about 550.

There are hundreds more.

So all I'm saying is that your estimate about the length of Empires is not accurate.

• Like 1

idk but tbh i really dont care what country (or countries) take over, as long as people are nice and im able to do wat i want and be left alone i could care less who ends up behind the wheel of this crazy little blue ball.

• Like 1

idk but tbh i really dont care what country (or countries) take over, as long as people are nice and im able to do wat i want and be left alone i could care less who ends up behind the wheel of this crazy little blue ball.

You do realize that has almost never been true of the world? Our little American experiment that is so hated these days is going to be one heck of a nostalgia trip when we are replaced - imo by an Islamic Caliphate at war with a Federal European entity.

The Roman Empire lasted about 450 years ans the Byzantium Empire lasted about 1100 years as did the Venetian Empire

The Kush Empire in the Sudan was around for about 1420 years. The Ottoman Empire for about 620. The Vedic Empire for 600, Siam, Portuguese and Hittite, all about 550.

There are hundreds more.

So all I'm saying is that your estimate about the length of Empires is not accurate.

I admit it was a very unscientific estimate! but I was thinking of the many other empires (such as some in Mesopotamia) that lasted only 50 or 70 years.

Either way, no empire is forever.

Edited by acute alan

You do realize that has almost never been true of the world? Our little American experiment that is so hated these days is going to be one heck of a nostalgia trip when we are replaced - imo by an Islamic Caliphate at war with a Federal European entity.

As long as the caliphate needs some European screws to build their tanks that is pretty unlikely.

• Like 1

I admit it was a very unscientific estimate! but there were many other empires (such as those in Mesopotamia) that lasted only 50 or 70 years.

True, and there have been many that only lasted 10 or less years.

i.e Alex the Great's. As soon as he was dead all over.

i.e Alex the Great's. As soon as he was dead all over.

Yeah. Guy was bad***, though. Practically ruling one of the largest empire known by the age of what, 30?

Yeah. Guy was bad***, though. Practically ruling one of the largest empire known by the age of what, 30?

yes, lots of chupza gets you somewhere... sometimes into waging war for the rest of your life.

I have now edited my original post to remove my guesswork from the discussion!

Edited by acute alan

it might not be true but im happy, so if i can be happy under another power thats fine by me.

it might not be true but im happy, so if i can be happy under another power thats fine by me.

Best luck to you on that - sincerely.

I have edited my original post to remove my guesswork from the discussion!

I was looking it up and one man has calculated the civilizations last an average 349.2 yeas with a median of 330 years. Now this includes empires and civilizations, so you weren't too far off! :tu:

You can read more about it here: http://larryfreeman.hubpages.com/hub/How-long-do-empires-last

I would like to see some research done on what the average is for empires, cause all this take has gotten me interested....

An international entity will be the only thing organized enough to step in the stead of the US after its eventual demise.

Although other countries are developing.

An international entity will be the only thing organized enough to step in the stead of the US after its eventual demise.

Although other countries are developing.

It does not have to be, countries could join in a federal union, Russia could "welcome" the separated countries back into its fold, the USA could break up making it much easier to surpass the remainder.

We won't know until it happens.

Well, if Rome is burning the whole world must be burning so where would we go? ;)