Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying saucer

Big Bad Voodoo

http://en.wikipedia...._M200G_Volantor

The M200G Volantor, recently renamed M200 Neuera is a prototype of a flying saucer-style hovercraft, designed by aeronautics engineer Paul Moller. The vehicle is envisioned as a precursor to the Moller Skycar M400. The M200G Volantor uses a system of eight computer-controlled fans to hover up to 10 feet (3 m) above the ground.[1] Volantor is a term coined by Moller meaning "a vertical takeoff and landing aircraft that is capable of flying in a quick, nimble and agile manner."

Amazing.

Edited by the L

after 40 years and over 200 million dollars into this research and it can only hover 15 feet with the help of a crane, yeah i doubt the army has much on this either.

• Like 2

Ahh Moller.. have been looking at this for years..

so far the release date for these gets pushed back every year.. I so want a sky car :D then I could drive to sit and not worry about flying in a jet..

People on other planets have probably had this type of thing for centuries, if not millennia.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Discovery Channel's MythBusters has reported that more than 200 million US dollars have gone into the development of the Skycar. Moller has been claiming to be attempting to build a flying car since 1974, constantly promising delivery dates that are just "around the corner" but the closest Moller has come to producing a vehicle that flies is the M200G Volantor, which has been demonstrated to hover outside of ground effect. He has not produced any evidence or figures to support the promised abilities, such as fuel economy equivalent to that of an automobile; indeed, each proposed model would use eight less-efficient Wankel engines, each of which must maintain high RPMs even when idle.[5] The only demonstration approaching flight was a "hover" test performed by a Skycar prototype that was tethered to a crane, which Moller claimed was "for insurance purposes".[6] Each time the deadline approaches, Moller has postponed it. For example, since 2003, when he started taking presale deposits for the flagship model M400, the date for FAA certification promised to investors and buyers has been moved forward one year each year, and currently stands at December 31, 2008.[7] In 2003, the Securities and Exchange Commission sued Moller for civil fraud (Securities And Exchange Commission v. Moller International, Inc., and Paul S. Moller, Defendants) in connection with the sale of unregistered stock, and for making unsubstantiated claims about the performance of the company's flagship M400 Skycar. Moller settled this lawsuit by agreeing to a permanent injunction and paying $50,000.[8] In the words of the SEC complaint, "As of late 2002, MI's approximately 40 years' of development has resulted in a prototype Skycar capable of hovering about fifteen feet above the ground.

The video is 2007.

Sorry, not impressed.

What is this doing in the UFO section?

What is this doing in the UFO section?

Public flying saucer>military secret black project>UFO.

It isnt hard when you try to connect dots.

Public flying saucer>military secret black project>UFO.

It isnt hard when you try to connect dots.

The problem is that you only have one dot and are assuming that the other dots exist.

The fact that someone is trying to invent a flying saucer type craft does not mean the military has them or that UFO reports are reports of military craft that haven't been shown to exist. That's not to say it isn't true, but assumptions are never a good replacement for verifiable facts.

• Like 1

The Moller saucer is similar to a hovercraft or an aircraft. There have been many patents for flying saucer designs and some newer PAV (personal air vehicle) concepts are saucer shaped. One that I believe is closer to the ET version is the Laser Lightcraft or the WEAV (The wingless electromagnetic air vehicle) because these concepts use plasma. Plasma or glowing is described in many UFO reports. This is also reflected in UFO-related injuries where a person has burn or sunburn skin from close exposure to the craft. Or UFO landing traces.

Lightcraft_medium_13.jpg?attredirects=0

Umea Institute of Design concept for future Lightcraft vehicles

Edited by topsecretresearch

whether it's a old or new idea it don't matter what matters that they built it and yeah i am sure someone already tried that before many times but that is not the point people.wouldn't you want to have your own flying saucer???i bet if you could make or knew how you would say the same as me.i think that's awesome i would love to have one:)

The problem is that you only have one dot and are assuming that the other dots exist.

The fact that someone is trying to invent a flying saucer type craft does not mean the military has them or that UFO reports are reports of military craft that haven't been shown to exist. That's not to say it isn't true, but assumptions are never a good replacement for verifiable facts.

You writting in third dot. Its called UFO section. Or perhaps you think there is no such thing as UFO?

You writting in third dot. Its called UFO section. Or perhaps you think there is no such thing as UFO?

Of course there are unidentified flying objects.

What makes you think the 'dot' that is the Moller skycar is connected with the 'dots' that are unidentified flying things?

'Connecting the dots' is all too often like making the stars into constellations by connecting them with lines and then confusing the resulting pattern for something real.