Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The most revolting things you've ever eaten?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#46    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 21 July 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

This:

Posted Image

It's water chestnut cake that I ordered at a restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown. I can stomach almost anything, I love squid, octopus, eel, tons of stuff like that. But this was so difficult to eat. I like water chestnuts so I figured it would be good. It smelled fantastic, and was basically just the chestnuts along with sugar and caramel. But the texture was so gelatinous and weird, it was basically lukewarm jello that wiggled and didn't taste like much. I ate it all though because the rest of the meal and atmosphere was lovely.

Other than that, mushrooms. I can't and won't eat them.

I *hhaattteee* water chestnuts . The taste,the texture . If i eat one,I shudder . This has to be the grossest thing I've seen ,in a long time.
*vomited*

Miss me?

#47    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

View Postcenobite, on 21 July 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

celery

NATTO

http://www.links.net...pan/food/natto/

Miss me?

#48    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

• old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

celery, natto is just a word you made up!

TCB

#49    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 21 July 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Other than that, mushrooms. I can't and won't eat them.

Mushrooms, to me, are one of those wierd vegetables that only taste good when cooked with oil. Uncooked, ugh. I mean, you can coat it in salt, but that just makes the situation worse.

Hmmm, other things that I find revolting:

- REALLY stringy cheese on pizza's, its just so unappatizing, having to spend a minute trying to sever the cheese from the pizza.
- When something has been cooked in oil for TOO long, or with TOO much oil. I can stomach most fatty foods, but I had this doughnut once, and... It was just so oily and revolting.
- Milo that has been sitting in the same spot for several months, I dunno if it's just going off, but it was rock solid and tasted completely different, yet was digestible and had no signs of growths.
- I had a delicious Tasmanian salmon piece for dinner last night. I simply adore fish that is tough-ish like a steak. So yummy. But I hate fish that is soggy and flat. I just don't see the point in eating it when its half of what it was when it was sliced.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#50    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostSkeptic Chicken, on 21 July 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Mushrooms, to me, are one of those wierd vegetables that only taste good when cooked with oil. Uncooked, ugh. I mean, you can coat it in salt, but that just makes the situation worse.

Hmmm, other things that I find revolting:

- REALLY stringy cheese on pizza's, its just so unappatizing, having to spend a minute trying to sever the cheese from the pizza.
- When something has been cooked in oil for TOO long, or with TOO much oil. I can stomach most fatty foods, but I had this doughnut once, and... It was just so oily and revolting.
- Milo that has been sitting in the same spot for several months, I dunno if it's just going off, but it was rock solid and tasted completely different, yet was digestible and had no signs of growths.
- I had a delicious Tasmanian salmon piece for dinner last night. I simply adore fish that is tough-ish like a steak. So yummy. But I hate fish that is soggy and flat. I just don't see the point in eating it when its half of what it was when it was sliced.

I clicked like for most of your post.. because I agree with the cheese and piizza part...I had some pizza last night  ( first time in ages ) and I was so very sick later after it... However I love mushrooms when cooked

I also hate fish that is soggy and flat..I cannot stand fish cooked in batter ..YUCK !

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 July 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#51    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,117 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

celery

TCB

#52    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

View Postcenobite, on 21 July 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

celery, natto is just a word you made up!

Then a huge portion of the Japanese population ,eats a word I made up ,daily .
Google it,and marvel at the photos and descriptions. Celery will seem quite good in comparision .

Miss me?

#53    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

Tea with milk or cream, especially when it forms a wrinkly deformed skin like layer floating on top!

#54    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,809 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Jello. Hate it.
Also I have a weird thing with eating eggs for breakfast. The term "unfertilized chicken embryos" pops into my head sometimes and disgusts me enough that I can't eat them.. if they are scrambled and someone else cooks them though, I'm alright.

But the most revolting thing i've eaten definitely goes to the live worm...I was 11 and it was on a dare. :P

#55    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 22 July 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Tea with milk or cream, especially when it forms a wrinkly deformed skin like layer floating on top!

No !! Say it isn't so . It's one of MY favorite things ,ever....without the skin .

Miss me?

#56    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

I helped some friends clean house a few years back after a flood had ruined their house after we cleaned up my friend asked if I would like to grab a couple of the canned food & make some lunch so I cooked up what I thought was a type of camp pie with toast the next day they asked me what I did with the dog food. All the labels had washed of in the flood & I never did tell them. lol :whistle:

#57    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,117 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

celery

TCB

#58    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 22 July 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

No !! Say it isn't so . It's one of MY favorite things ,ever....without the skin .

Sorry Simbi!!!
Both my mom & my daughter, like you, love it; I guess it skipped a generation! I am as fond of it as Cenobite is of celery :cry: . For me, the only thing that rivals tea with milk is the smell of chewing gum..urgh

#59    cenobite

cenobite

Psychic Spy

• 1,117 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

Celery

TCB

#60    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 22 July 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

I don't like that either

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users