Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Passenger rocket cleared for powered flight

Waspie_Dwarf

Virgin Galactic cleared for rocket-powered test flights

Virgin Galactic is to make its first rocket-powered test flights for its commercials passenger spaceship later this year after being granted clearance.

Scaled Composites, Virgin Galactic's spaceship design partner, was granted an experimental permit from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – a move that will allow it to proceed with powered flights.

No timetable has been set for the first launches carrying paying customers, expected to take place after the test programme is complete.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• grc

• csspwns

• esperwolf

i wont take it if i had to pay cuz i cost maybe half a million dollars and u have to eat space food. ( ughh ) but if i could go for free...then ill indure the space food. no offense but i tried space food and its disgusting

it*

Fansinating I would love to venture to space. Problem though I won't have the cash to. Not only that wheres the warp speed and stuff. I know that will probably take another 1million years for us to discover.

• 2 weeks later...

Fansinating I would love to venture to space. Problem though I won't have the cash to. Not only that wheres the warp speed and stuff. I know that will probably take another 1million years for us to discover.

1 million years? No, but it will take some time. I hope sometime in my lifetime I can take a trip around Mars at least.

1 million years? No, but it will take some time. I hope sometime in my lifetime I can take a trip around Mars at least.

Warp speed in your lifetime? Not unless physics is totally turned on it's head. Current theory forbids it.

But getting to Mars needs a lot less than warp speed, and that could easily be achievable in the next few years