Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Why havent we gone back to the Moon yet?

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#46    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

If seeing videos and testimonials of many is good enough to believe, then yes. Those same evidences must be good enough to believe in UFOs, don't you agree?

#47    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Everything's faked! We have no proof of anything! Because the second it leaves your sight, all you have is your testimonial.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#48    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Well there is a huge difference in quality. Since the ISS broadcasts live video and I've never seen a good quality video of a UFO that isn't a dot in the sky. Of course I believe there are things you see in the sky that you can't identify - that's the definition of UFO, what I haven't seen is any shred of evidence that these things are under intelligent control.

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#49    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,072 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostHasina, on 05 January 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

Everything's faked! We have no proof of anything! Because the second it leaves your sight, all you have is your testimonial.
Too funny ! Like "WHats that on the Forest Floor ?"
Was there a bear there ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#50    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostRobbo, on 05 January 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

Well there is a huge difference in quality. Since the ISS broadcasts live video and I've never seen a good quality video of a UFO that isn't a dot in the sky. Of course I believe there are things you see in the sky that you can't identify - that's the definition of UFO, what I haven't seen is any shred of evidence that these things are under intelligent control.

you can't prove they are not under intelligent control. That's the problem with UFOs skeptics isn't it? Apparently, the only type of UFOs are dot in the sky. All the other must be CGI, so they can all be ignore, right?
You haven't seen it, so you don't believe other's testimony. But you expect everyone to believe in the word of Gov't agency and the men behind them?

#51    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostHasina, on 05 January 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

That what UFOs skeptic have been saying along haven't they?

#52    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 05 January 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

That what UFOs skeptic have been saying along haven't they?
I mean, everything. Like, my bed might not exist to anyone else, but it exists to me, all y'all have is my word for it. Everything's false! Everything's true!

Posted Image

~MEH~

#53    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostHasina, on 05 January 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

I mean, everything. Like, my bed might not exist to anyone else, but it exists to me, all y'all have is my word for it. Everything's false! Everything's true!

It's true, how does anyone know you even own a bed. :lol:  The receipt of your purchases can be fake too.

#54    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Pfft, like I pay for things.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#55    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostHasina, on 05 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Pfft, like I pay for things.

We all have to pay, or way or another, don't we? nice pic btw :tu:

#56    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 03 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

We never went a first time.

I mean as much as a want to believe we did go, not sending any one back for over 41 years tells me we never went the first time. I just don't see the logic of not sending people back when are technology is safer and better.

#57    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 05 January 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

You can put man-made objects on the Moon without having men on the Moon. You can't prove that it was placed there by some using their hand.
Testimonials of just a few men supposedly walked on the Moon is not as strong as testimonials of millions and millions all over the world of different social and economical background that have seen UFOs.

Do you really think that if the US did not go to the moon that Russia would not know that? And if that did happen, do you really think that during the space race that Russia would keep Mum for the US and look like the loser in that race?

I honestly think a snowball had a far better chance of surviving hell.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#58    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,416 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 05 January 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

I am as serious as many of the skeptics of UFOs. I am using the same logic as them. I just want hard evidence. Since many demanded spaceship land on their yard or alien body, I just demand to be taken to the Moon. Only then will I believe it :D

No, not the same logic at all. UFO skeptics want scientific evidence, of which there is literally tons of for the Apollo landings. If you think the Command Module Columbia isn't hard evidence (which you can see with your very own eyes at the Smithsonian) you're not being skeptical, you're being cynical.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#59    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 05 January 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

I think with any planet we want to stay on or build a base would have to have water, to much to ship water there

:tu:

And most likely why Mars was a front runner. Now that we have found water on the moon, the real estate value is picking up.

LINK - Japan Moon Base by 2030

LINK  - Russian Permanent base 2027 - 2032

LINK - Gingrich promises US Moon base by 2020

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#60    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,072 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 January 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

Do you really think that if the US did not go to the moon that Russia would not know that? And if that did happen, do you really think that during the space race that Russia would keep Mum for the US and look like the loser in that race?

I honestly think a snowball had a far better chance of surviving hell.
Indeed the real problem is that the CT`s on this rock need to actually go and have there grey matter weighed ! Afterall the Kilogram is now not what it`s supposed to be !! As is the grey matter in these CT`s a very,very small amount of anything !
Just my Opinion ! What says you psyche101 ? I bet your going to have a grand new year , I just know it ! Cheer`s mate Texas awaits ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users