Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time travel

cor2000

Many scientists admit it is possible that we can travel in time when the technology will be available. Or maybe the technology is already available like montauk project.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
Link removed.

Time travel to the past is physically impossible. Time travel to the future might be an option.

This garbage should be in the conspiracy section.

This garbage should be in the conspiracy section.

Here's me thinking we would be having a honest to good debate about time travel.

But how can you when you bring aliens and black projects into the equation.

It's defeat the whole purpose really for those who want to discuss serious quantum physics.

I was particularly looking forward to the bit where one of the posters dissapears in a puff of logic.

The OP is an absolute spoilsport and is typical of a select band of newbies.

The conspiracy section it will have to be.

Time travel to the past is physically impossible. Time travel to the future might be an option.

I think time travel to the past is just as possible as time traveling to the future. Past and Future are to equal distant points from the perspective of the present moment. But I always thought also that if you go back into the past and try to change something it will not affect the reality where the time traveler came from. It will create a new reality. Like if we go back in time and stopped the US from dropping nukes on Japan it would not affect the time travelers reality at all, it would create a whole new reality, which the time travelers couldn't have come from because they are from a reality where the bombing happened. They wouldnt up and vanish like we have been taught in the movies because they are from a different parallel reality. But these time travelers can still experience the parallel reality where this didn't happen and can see the effects in comparison to their world. I believe there is a parallel reality where US slavery never happened. We could go back in time and prevent it from happening. But it wouldn't affect our world because we came from a parallel reality where it did happen and no matter how much we try to change it in the past it would not affect us because we are not from that future where slavery did not happen. I know I may sound crazy on this one, but people thought Einstein and Tesla where crazy and look at them now. If there is a possibility for going to the past just as much as the future, especially a past point linear with to our own present reality, it would have to happen in a no interaction and hands off policy. Maybe some of the ufo's are indeed some humans from the future surveying the past from a distance and they might be humans from the past surveying there future a distance as well, hence why some of them do not attempt to make contact with us. Who knows whats going on in this universe.

(Im not saying this is a fact. This is just my opinion and belief. As crazy as it sounds.)

Edited by Dr. Mrdad
  • Like 1

When you think about it, the ability to travel through time in itself would be pointless. Considering that not only the earth but also the entire universe is always in movement, without the ability to travel through space (along with the ability to predict with acute accuracy where earth would be at the point in time travelled to), as well as through time, you'd end up in space or inside the earth or something.

That's the way I view time travel.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Well, I'm certainly no expert(if there even is one), but I think that "time and space" are interwoven, such that if you travel in "time", the "space" automatically matches that time(for YOUR event, not the rest of us)

So going backwards or forwards in time would not take you off the planet earth into the voids of space that earth left behind or yet to encounter.

Must agree, ITs a good topic but I think its been done somewhere in here? I love to think we may someday Lick the bounds of time space,and minds !

Well, I'm certainly no expert(if there even is one), but I think that "time and space" are interwoven, such that if you travel in "time", the "space" automatically matches that time(for YOUR event, not the rest of us)

So going backwards or forwards in time would not take you off the planet earth into the voids of space that earth left behind or yet to encounter.

Well this is certainly the way it is portrayed in all films with time machines, but I'm not sure the reality (a far fetched reality, I'm sure you agree) would be so.

Are space and time interwoven in the way you describe? I thought that was referred to as 'space-time'?

I'm going to have a stab at this before the serious brainiacs make their contribution...

I think it's quite possible that the secrets of time travel lie in quantum physics.

I'm no boffin but I feel from little I've read you can fold time and create wormholes.

However this is strictly theoretical but this is only a hop, skip and jump from time travel.

Same principles apply from what I gather,so on that note do I want to go into the past or future.

Tbh I would prefer the future because you are less able to cause paradoxes and is much more exciting.

The temptation is too much to meddle with time by going back especially in recent history.

Though the OP is already suggesting we have already done it with the aid of Reptilians.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 1

In theory time travel is possible by using a wormhole or a black hole. Hawking thinks it is possible to travel in one direction only. I think it is possible to travel in all directions. The universe expands in all directions (past and future). We just need enough energy to connect two points of the universe together.

This picture is maybe an observer from the future. One thing for sure he had a look before his time.

http://blog.markshead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bridge-time-traveler-450x317.jpg

• Like 1

This topic doesn't seem to me to be quite right for the Space Exploration and Spaceflight, so I am going to move it to the Science & Technology forum.

• Like 2

I do not believe the video is real and the picture of the man is a real time traveler. However, it is always good to keep an open mind about the diversity of opinion. The picture is interesting because the man seems to be incognito despite of his look. Probably, a real time traveler will face the same attitude. A real person from the future may have the same conversation about his experience than the one in the video. Some persons have very good imagination and imagination is part of science.

well, in hypnotic phenomena...time travel is a 'real' process... real to the experiencer of course

called - age progression - and age regression.. its an everyday psychological process

however I time travel to the future every day...it just takes me time tho... commonly known as aging!

I'm curious what your reasoning is on that? To the past would be more likely since it's already happened, it's the future that hasn't happened yet. How can you go to a place that doesn't exist yet?

Just curious.

I'm curious what your reasoning is on that? To the past would be more likely since it's already happened, it's the future that hasn't happened yet. How can you go to a place that doesn't exist yet?

Just curious.

yeh but the argument is...to time travel you need a method...but going to the past is tricky as the method you're using didn't exist then... but going to the future, means there was a method in the past...to go back to..

ie: you can only time travel - from and to - the time the 'method' was created..

kinda makes, sense, specially if you're stoned..

Edited by seeder

seeder hit the nail on the head,the more stoned the less it hurts, the less one needs to answer to any actual event Horizons ! Or said Fist in the apex of the roads.

Now figure out who quoted that And I`lll buy everyone a B.B.Q sandwich ! :tu:

Well true, it helps to be stoned.

However, the fatal flaw in the logic is that time travel is dependent on the point at which the time machine was invented or came into being. That's like saying you can't drive on an Interstate highway unless you enter at the beginning of the highway or some specific on ramp nowhere close to you.

However, if you really want to have a super-great pseudo-scientific discussion next time you're burning a fat one, try this on for size:

UFO.........they are aliens.....Dude.....their time travelers from the future. They come back to fill in data and stuff.....

Not that I've ever gotten stoned and gotten into one of these discussions you understand.......

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 2

I think time travel to the past is just as possible as time traveling to the future. Past and Future are to equal distant points from the perspective of the present moment.

Time dilation would be the closest to time travel but only into the future.

You've been watch too much "Stargate SG-1".

:whistle:

You've been watch too much "Stargate SG-1".

:whistle:

My comment had nothing to do with stargate.

Uh-huh.

Lighten up mate, I couldn't resist.

:w00t:

This topic doesn't seem to me to be quite right for the Space Exploration and Spaceflight, so I am going to move it to the Science & Technology forum.

This nonsense has nothing to do with "science and technology". Move it to "conspiracy" please.

This nonsense has nothing to do with "science and technology". Move it to "conspiracy" please.

How is it a conspiracy? Junk, pseudo-science, yeah, but conspiracy?

How is it a conspiracy? Junk, pseudo-science, yeah, but conspiracy?

The philadelphia experiment is conspiracy nonsense. Some guy in the video claim it took him to the year 2137 then to the year 2749...