Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Test your knowledge

science quiz

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 26 September 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Chubbs, I'm going to have to disagree with you about this: I don't think it's always a case of 'not working hard enough'. I think our brains are just wired differently ........ some people just soak up and retain information with very little effort, whereas others(myself included), simply can't take scientific/technical stuff in at all. I have learned so much more from studies as a 'mature' student than I ever did when I was at school, BUT there were some subjects that no matter how much I wanted to learn about them, the information just wouldn't go in(tractor maintenance springs to mind!). It was almost like a switch flipping off in my head ....... the tutor might as well have been speaking in a foreign language.
Teachers are meant to better nowadays, so they say. not that 60 is that old,as no offence was intended

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#17    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,929 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 26 September 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Chubbs, I'm going to have to disagree with you about this: I don't think it's always a case of 'not working hard enough'. I think our brains are just wired differently ........ some people just soak up and retain information with very little effort, whereas others(myself included), simply can't take scientific/technical stuff in at all. I have learned so much more from studies as a 'mature' student than I ever did when I was at school, BUT there were some subjects that no matter how much I wanted to learn about them, the information just wouldn't go in(tractor maintenance springs to mind!). It was almost like a switch flipping off in my head ....... the tutor might as well have been speaking in a foreign language.

Disagree with me how dare you? ;)

I realise we all absorb different information at different levels with different amount of interest, I was commenting more towards the general attitude of kids at school. In some cultures going to school is a privilege and it is embraced, too many of our kids do not see it that way.

You are spot on about some people though, its always easier for some than others. I was a role model kid in PE (Physical Education), never missed a class, always volunteered and tried my best. The thing is no matter how hard I tried I was never above average in ability (A for effort, C for result). Then once I left school, I grew, became more skilled and learn't to control my arms and legs, I am now fitter, faster, more agile and adept at sports than the people around me of my age. Better late than never.

One thing though, Tractor Maintenance?? I am glad I did not go to your school. :)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#18    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,929 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 26 September 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

this test is so long D:

It is also an endurance test...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#19    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,929 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 26 September 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Posted Image
Well, I got the first one right and then for the loooooongest time it looked as if that was the sum total of my scientific knowledge!
Eventually finished witha score of 17 :unsure:

(Obviously not the brightest explosion in the science lab!)

View Postnotoverrated, on 26 September 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

ok im done i got 20, i would have failed if this was in school -.-

Cheers peep's, you have elevated me away from the bottom of the class. ;)

Hope you enjoyed it though.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 26 September 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#20    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 26 September 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

One thing though, Tractor Maintenance?? I am glad I did not go to your school. :)

Haha! I didn't do Tractor Maintenance at school! That was my point: even though I was older and had chosen the subject as part of my Stud & Stable Husbandry course, it was something I really wanted to learn, in a very small group, with a patient tutor ....... the information would just not lodge itself in my brain.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#21    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• 1,769 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

I got 46/50, but one of them I only got wrong because I was clicking through too fast (question #36, an easy one too!).

The quiz was weighted towards physics and chemistry, which is my area of expertise.

#22    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postsepulchrave, on 26 September 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

I got 46/50, but one of them I only got wrong because I was clicking through too fast (question #36, an easy one too!).

The quiz was weighted towards physics and chemistry, which is my area of expertise.

(^•x•^) -hands over crown-

Posted Image

~MEH~

#23    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,929 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postsepulchrave, on 26 September 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Well done sepulchrave :nw: Great score, top of the league.

#24    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

I got 34/50, and I sucked in science...

Though, I always usually test well.  :unsure2:

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#25    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

I got 41, and all of that was retained from high-school.  I loved science and did really well with biology and meteorology.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#26    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,471 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Boom. 50/50 Good little quiz. The ones about triangles almost had me.

Posted Image

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 27 September 2012 - 11:37 AM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#27    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,929 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

View Postkarmakazi, on 27 September 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

I got 41, and all of that was retained from high-school.  I loved science and did really well with biology and meteorology.

Good score karmakazi, I get the feeling you went in head first with no regards for your own life. ;)

View PostMstrMsn, on 27 September 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

I got 34/50, and I sucked in science...

Though, I always usually test well.  :unsure2:

You may have sucked at science, but obviously a lot less than I did. :)

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 27 September 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Boom. 50/50 Good little quiz. The ones about triangles almost had me.

Good score Imaginarynumber1   :)

...........but your Photoshop skills leave me feeling very suspicious about your score. I am currently examining your evidence for pixel anomalies and raptor like residue.  ;)

#28    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 27 September 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Good score karmakazi, I get the feeling you went in head first with no regards for your own life. ;)

You may have sucked at science, but obviously a lot less than I did. :)

...........but your Photoshop skills leave me feeling very suspicious about your score. I am currently examining your evidence for pixel anomalies and raptor like residue.  ;)

Plus, he's quite 'up front' about calling himself Imaginarynumber1 ................... :whistle:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#29    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• 1,769 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 27 September 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

I am happy to cede my crown to Imaginarynumber1 anyway!

Here you go:(^•x•^)
The stress from being at the top was too much for me, I am happy to have been bested.

Edited by sepulchrave, 27 September 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#30    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

I was really surprised I got 39 of 50 (40 of 50 if I I hadn't miss clicked the VERY last question, but I'll give the test my poor mousing skills lol). Super surprised actually. I think I was able to suss out a large number of them through educated guessing, a good background in medical and scientific Latin. The rest probably comes from watching Science Channel shows. LOL.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Also tagged with science, quiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users