Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Four more years


  • Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#16    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 07 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

How do you figure "foot in mouth disease"?
The results of this election do not in any way change how i feel about this admin or its policies.

The nation woke up today and found that more than 50% of those voting are all for turning our nation into a massive welfare state.
Talk bad about Fox all you want but the simple truth is that anyone who wants to know whats going on HAS to go to Fox news because the other channels wont report anything negative about their guy.
If it werent for Fox news America wouldnt have even known about Fast and Furious or the Benghazi fiasco.
Nixon resigned for far less than this President has been responsible for.
Yet no one seems to care as long as they get their welfare check.
I would say God help us all but the Obama admin has ensured that if God does exists he has washed his hands of us.

Fox news is not considered legitmate news.

The Benghazi issue? See that is their problem...we just had a hurricane cause massive damage in one of the most populated areas of the country and Fox news was talking about Benghazi. They do not care about American citizens...they are more worried about some stupid incident that killed 4 people. Get over it...let it go...

Also, maybe you should watch CNN for once, if you can turn away from Fox. They are often critical of the president and the Dems. There is a reason they are considered a legit news source...

Did you know that 4.4 million, or less than 2% of Americans actually get a welfare check? Man Fox news really knows how to focus on the irrelevant...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#17    Bama13

Bama13

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just Southeast of God's country

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

They had Gingrich on CNN this morning. He predicted Romney to get over 300 electoral votes and 53% of the popular vote. Like Bill Maher always says, the Repubs have their own little bubble and their facts are different than outside the bubble.

Edit: True story...Sunday night at work the paper boy (he is in his mid 40s,) who consider himself a Libertarian (he actually said that with his nose up in the air,) said that Romney would win big and the reason I do not think so is because I do not understand a statistical analysis.

I owe you an apology. I defended Americans when you said they were the most ignorant. Yesterday proved me wrong and you correct, so please accept my apology.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#18    Grey14

Grey14

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Heart of America

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 07 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:




Yet no one seems to care as long as they get their welfare check.


I am so sick of this argument from those who don't like obama. Show me where it says that 50.3% of the voting population is on welfare because over half of the US voted for Obama. My bet is you won't find it because most people have jobs and work hard to support themselves and thier families without the help of the government and a majority of them voted for obama. So your comment is basically a slap in the face to those hard working americans.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#19    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostGrey14, on 07 November 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I am so sick of this argument from those who don't like obama. Show me where it says that 50.3% of the voting population is on welfare because over half of the US voted for Obama. My bet is you won't find it because most people have jobs and work hard to support themselves and thier families without the help of the government and a majority of them voted for obama. So your comment is basically a slap in the face to those hard working americans.

The number of people that recieve welfare is 4.4 million, or less than 2 percent of the population. Their definition of "welfare" is "anyone that gets a check from the government." which is disabled, working poor, elderly, college students, military members, ect. It blows my mind how clueless the people that make this clai are. I mean how can we get to work with all of the freeloaders just laying around in the streets not working? Take a look around you...by their definition HALF the people at your job are not actually working, but rather mooching. I am willing to bet that many of the people that make this claim are actually included in the statistic...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#20    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pensacola Beach

  • Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

With his record over the last 4 years, I wonder why people voted Obama back in.
Do they believe:
the defiect will go down?
the unemployment rate will drop?
our country will be safer?
our civil liberties will be protected?
working class families will be better off?
I guess my question is "what has he done to date, to warrant a second term?"


#21    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,688 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

The number of people that recieve welfare is 4.4 million, or less than 2 percent of the population. Their definition of "welfare" is "anyone that gets a check from the government." which is disabled, working poor, elderly, college students, military members, ect. It blows my mind how clueless the people that make this clai are. I mean how can we get to work with all of the freeloaders just laying around in the streets not working? Take a look around you...by their definition HALF the people at your job are not actually working, but rather mooching. I am willing to bet that many of the people that make this claim are actually included in the statistic...
Yeah....well, here is another way to look at it:
Welfare Statistics
Total number of Americans on welfare 4,300,000
Total number of Americans on food stamps    46,700,000
Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance   5,600,000
Total number of Americans on Government Assistance   56,600,000

Total number of Americans who voted for Obama 59,971,178

So yeah...HALF...

Edited by joc, 07 November 2012 - 06:09 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#22    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,491 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 07 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

How do you figure "foot in mouth disease"?


Because several people on this site not only made bold (and completely wrong) predictions, but were seemingly celebrating before the fact.

To be honest, I've no real problem with Romney.  I think he may have made a fine President.  He seems to be a stand up guy, and I feel a bit sorry for him.

The people that were his clueless pundits (especially on this board) were the ones I've no pity on.


#23    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Where's Mr AndThen today,he seems to be keeping a low profile.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#24    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,978 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

lol
Well empires do have a better track record than democracies ;)
And that is the trap.  It takes courage not to go down the Socialist path.  The path of least resistance.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#25    Bama13

Bama13

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just Southeast of God's country

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

The Benghazi issue? See that is their problem...we just had a hurricane cause massive damage in one of the most populated areas of the country and Fox news was talking about Benghazi. They do not care about American citizens...they are more worried about some stupid incident that killed 4 people. Get over it...let it go...

Wait, I thought those 4 people were American citizens. So what number has to be killed before the government should be concerned about their deaths? Obviously 4 isn't enough for you so how about 6, 8, 20, 100? Just how many deaths would be enough to be important to you? I bet the number would be 1 if the person killed was important to you.

BTW it wasn't a hurricane it was a "super storm".

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#26    EllJay

EllJay

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,580 posts
  • Joined:26 Dec 2009
  • Gender:Male

  • Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 07 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

How do you figure "foot in mouth disease"?

Well, - if disregarding everyone who was almost religiously convinced that the American people would punish Obama severely now in November and that Republicans would clean House, Senate and Office and winning a roaring victory and Obama would be tarred and feathered.-  we also have that incurable stupid and irrelevant individual called Donald Trump, who suddenly reached a minuscule little glimpse of insight and understood that Twittering like a drunk about calling for revolution against Obama  and walk on Washington.maybe wasn't that smart.
That's foot-in-mouth for ya.

As NBC's Brian Williams said reading these tweets: - He (Trump) has 'driven well past the last exit to relevance.'  


http://www.dailymail...s-election.html



View PostCapt Amerika, on 07 November 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Talk bad about Fox all you want but the simple truth is that anyone who wants to know whats going on HAS to go to Fox news because the other channels wont report anything negative about their guy.

The truth is that FOX News is an long, ongoing TV-ad for the GOP and haven't wavering an inch from that everlasting `commercial´ since it started up.

How about looking what's `under the hood´, and listen to what many people who actually worked there.has to say about FOX News.>>>>



"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#27    Harte

Harte

    Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

  • Member
  • 8,966 posts
  • Joined:06 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Memphis

  • Skeptic

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostBama13, on 07 November 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Wait, I thought those 4 people were American citizens. So what number has to be killed before the government should be concerned about their deaths? Obviously 4 isn't enough for you so how about 6, 8, 20, 100? Just how many deaths would be enough to be important to you? I bet the number would be 1 if the person killed was important to you.

BTW it wasn't a hurricane it was a "super storm".

It should be noted that Fox was the only outlet reporting on what was actually ongoing in the aftermath of the storm as well.

The other networks considered the situation wrapped up once Obama put in his two hour appearance.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#28    Sherapy

Sherapy

    Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

  • Member
  • 21,761 posts
  • Joined:14 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:At the Beach-- San Pedro, California

  • "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Fox news is not considered legitmate news.

The Benghazi issue? See that is their problem...we just had a hurricane cause massive damage in one of the most populated areas of the country and Fox news was talking about Benghazi. They do not care about American citizens...they are more worried about some stupid incident that killed 4 people. Get over it...let it go...

Also, maybe you should watch CNN for once, if you can turn away from Fox. They are often critical of the president and the Dems. There is a reason they are considered a legit news source...

Did you know that 4.4 million, or less than 2% of Americans actually get a welfare check? Man Fox news really knows how to focus on the irrelevant...

I agree, Fox news is hired entertainment.The hired entertainment bring a lot of money to Fox. (HInt,hint) the hired help do not even believe the stuff they spout. Clue: one can watch a past 'Reliable Sources'  listen to what O'Reilly gives away.




#29    Sherapy

Sherapy

    Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

  • Member
  • 21,761 posts
  • Joined:14 Jun 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:At the Beach-- San Pedro, California

  • "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostHarte, on 07 November 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

It should be noted that Fox was the only outlet reporting on what was actually ongoing in the aftermath of the storm as well.

The other networks considered the situation wrapped up once Obama put in his two hour appearance.

Harte

Not so, I have CNN on most of the time. Hurricane Sandy was covered extensively, long after Obama arrived.

Edited by Sherapy, 07 November 2012 - 07:40 PM.




#30    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Humble Servent

  • Member
  • 10,826 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Parts Unknown

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

All main stream media is a joke. All of it.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users