Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

TELEPATHY. The extraterestials case.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 27 January 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Nonsense. What is described as telepathy is in a lot of close encounter and alien abduction caees. Stupidity is not knowing much about the phenomenon. Get a f' ing clue.

If you are so much "in the know" about telepathy, then please explain how it works, since I would genuinely like to know.

By what physical means are the alien's thoughts turned into a transmittable signal?

By what process is the human mind able to both receive and translate that signal, and what area of the human brain is used for this process?

How are the aliens able to transmit the signal directly into the human brain without inducing a seizure or possibly a stroke?

You don't have to be very technical in your explanation, and even a theory would be appreciated.

#32    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 27 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Another 10, 000 post member who is clueless and has to trash threads with cute images that's not constructive. Immature dimwits.

Clueless about alien telepathy!?

Ok then, here is your chance to enlighten me,... All you have to do is show me solid evidence that any of this is real. Something substantial, not the usual believer nonsense that ends with "believe it or not".

Lets start with the easy one - Telepathy.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#33    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hey Hazz. :)

Good luck getting a reply from TSR. He's strictly copy/ paste and ignores anyone who asks a reasonable question (it's stated in his sig after all).

#34    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 28 January 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hey Hazz. :)

Good luck getting a reply from TSR. He's strictly copy/ paste and ignores anyone who asks a reasonable question (it's stated in his sig after all).

These internet woo woos have no tolerance for those "mean old nasty" types who demand evidence for everything. :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#35    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

i  agree  with  thesourse   (  which  may  not  make  him  happy)  that   just  putting  the   signal  in  to  the  brain   is  a high  risk  operation ,  and  it  is  very  unlikly  that  putting  something (  like   steel)  in  side  a  brain  is  going  to  make  it  work  better ,  more  likly  its  going  to  kill  the  person  (  like  a bullet ) ...  electro shock is more  likly  to  cause  convulsions  than  a  song  you  can  humm  along  to ....

all  this  said ,  people  have  been  "talking  to "  lights  in  the  sky  for  a very  long  time .
it  does  not  matter  what  we  beleive  ,  the  people  who  have  been  listening   beleive  it .

#36    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,191 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 27 January 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Nonsense. What is described as telepathy is in a lot of close encounter and alien abduction caees. Stupidity is not knowing much about the phenomenon. Get a f' ing clue.

I know it is a big ask, but hell, why don't you?

Telepathy. Just another snake oil product to get people think there is something cool to hope for. It's crap. Where does telepathy exist in nature? You ETh'ers just assume that telepathy can be arranged with anyone any place. We do not even know if it is possible or if our brains might be able to work with it. You do a lot of telling people that they are clueless whilst you spout fantasy.

Don't tell me. Advanced, race, can do anything right?

Abduction is a crock. It is only amusing that people still pander to such nonsense. Get a clue yourself. People are not all honest just because they claim to have seen a UFO, but from what I can tell that seems to be your only criteria! One extraordinary tale = validity where you seem to be concerned  Not sure who you think you are convincing, but the people that have things like this already sorted out in their heads do not need further convincing. It's like a credulous yardstick.

Stupidity is not knowing about a phenomena is it? Please, do go on and tell me all about the science behind telepathy. As far as I know, only comic book heros have been proven to actually possess such.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#37    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

View Postonereaderone, on 28 January 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

all  this  said ,  people  have  been  "talking  to "  lights  in  the  sky  for  a very  long  time .

We can "talk" to pretty much anything.... the trick is to get that "everything" to answer.

And even if we get an "answer" how do we know that its not just our imagination. Fantasy prone personality and the likes do exist.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#38    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostDBunker, on 29 January 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

We can "talk" to pretty much anything.... the trick is to get that "everything" to answer.

And even if we get an "answer" how do we know that its not just our imagination. Fantasy prone personality and the likes do exist.

that  is  a  very  good  question...

there  is  a man  named  peter  davenport in  washington  state .
frankly  speaking ,  he  has  a vested  intrest  in  ufo's  being  real ,  however....   he  collects   1ooo's   of  other  peoples   sightings ...  hummmm.... if  you  count  all  the  people  on  the  planet  who  see  a whale  every  year....   there  are   very  likly   more  people  who  see  ufo's  than   whales...   but  you  do  not  question  that  whales  are  real ....

some  of  the  whales  people  see   are  not  really  a whale...   they  might  see  a submarine  ,   a  large  rock  ,  or  a  tree  that  was  washed  out  to  sea...   but  enought  people  see   whales  that  we  do  not  question  if  that  is  what  they  saw .

more  people  see  ufo's  than   see  whales...  which  really  doen't  mean  anything  really ....
your  totaly  right  about  telepathy ...   advanced  off  world  agencys  are  more  likly  to  stir  fry  and  bake  a human  brain  ,  and  serve  it  as  lunch...  as  talk  to  it .

but  that  telepathy  thing  is  being  reported  as  happening .   it  re3ally  doesn't  make  any  sense ,  and  i  totaly  agree  with  what  your  saying   ...  as  being  logical ...   but  that  does  not  change    10,oo's   of  reports   of  it  happening...

of  course  your  right...   except....  when  your  not  ,  it  does  make  for  a problem .

#39    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Human perception is notoriously flawed... that is why eyewitness testimony (when it comes to the paranormal) isnt worth the paper its written on.

Edited by DBunker, 31 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#40    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostDBunker, on 31 January 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Human perception is notoriously flawed... that is why eyewitness testimony (when it comes to the paranormal) isnt worth the paper its written on.

again ,  i  totaly  agree .
you  think  you  see  words  on  this  screne ,  you  think  you  read  words ,  your  eyes   witness   the  words ,  and  you  beleive  you  see  them...    but  how  can  you  be sure  your  not  dreaming  the  words...

does  it  matter  that  1,oo's   of  other  people  also  dream  these  words  also  ,   you  may  be  in  the  midst  of  a  mass   dream experance ...   or  ,  this  might  be  a  single  dreamers   dream  of  all  of  you  reading  the  same  fiction ...
how do  you  know  anything  is  real....  question  everything  ,  beleive  nothing...

everything  is  a lie ,  only  the  lie  is  the  truth ...  and  even  that  is  suspect .

with  in  it  all ,  some  where  in  it  ,  you  must  find  something  that  you can hold  onto .

not  because  it  is  easy  to  beleive  ,  but  because  you  feel  with  your  heart   ,  and  think  with  your  head...  never   confuse  the  two .

we  have  no  reasonable  facts  that  say  ufo's  come  from  some  where   other  than  earth .
the  fact  that  the  ufo's  operate  with  in  an  oxygen  rich  atmosphere   says  that  they  come  from  here.

the  number  of  sightings  (  peter  davenport )  tell  us  they   come  from  here  also ...    if  they  do  not  origin  from  here ,  given  the  number  of  sightings...  they  have  a very  very  powerful  reason  to  observe  us  closely   and  have  a  remarkable  intrest  in  us....

B U T

when  you  visit  a  town   200  miles  away...    you  stop  and  get  gas  ,  buy a coffee ,  use  the  bathroom  and  YOU  DO  NOT  HIDE  YOUR  PRESENTS...   unless   you  have  a compelling  reason  to  do  so .

ufo's  appear  to  be  hidden   from  common  view ...  they appear  to  have  advanced  technology ,  years   if  not  hundreds  of  decades  advanced  to  our  current  technology ...  

if....  then...   therefore!

connect  the  dots  ,  do  the  math  ,  what  does  your  math   add  up  to?

if  they  are  not  human time  travelers , effected  by  our  current  events ,  subject  to  paradox  and  time  line disruption ...  then  i  am  missing  details  that  you  are  not  shareing  ...

#41    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

So, UFOs are humans from the future trying to contact us?

#42    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostHazzard, on 31 January 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

So, UFOs are humans from the future trying to contact us?

its  unlikly  that  they  are  trying  to  contact  us ,  very  much  like   when  the  cop  pulls  you  over  ,  you  were  trying  to  get  the  speeding  ticket .

it  is  very   much  more  likly  that  they  under estimate   what  will  be  seen  and  understood  as  out  of  the  ordinary  ,  or  they  over  estimate  their  own ablity  to  cover  up  and  clean  up   contact effects .

there is  also  not  just  one  set  of  beings...   some  are  not  very  bright  ,  others   simply  do  not  care who  sees  what  ,   and  still  others   just   have  not  got  a  handle  on  what  they  are  doing   ,  and  are  still  learning   .

but  on  the  whole  ,  yeah  ,  that  is  what  i  am suggesting.

#43    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Ok.... how do I know that this tall tale isnt just your imagination talking?

Some sort of evidence would be nice.... if you have any?

Edd: or if you could at least point me to where you got it from, so I can take a look at it?

Edited by DBunker, 01 February 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#44    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 28 January 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

If you are so much "in the know" about telepathy, then please explain how it works, since I would genuinely like to know.

By what physical means are the alien's thoughts turned into a transmittable signal?

By what process is the human mind able to both receive and translate that signal, and what area of the human brain is used for this process?

How are the aliens able to transmit the signal directly into the human brain without inducing a seizure or possibly a stroke?

You don't have to be very technical in your explanation, and even a theory would be appreciated.

A simple way to put it is your brain is a bilogical computer. Everything you hear is translated into a signal sent to a certain part of your brain. Aliens can send this signal directly to your brain. They can also chnage mood. The shock and fear of seeing an alien to having no fear and being cooperative.

You can also access a persons brain through the eyes. It's one reason Grey aliens are observed staring into a persons face. This process is termed "WATCHING & STARING."

See: http://www.newscient...ye-can-see.html

So instead of the alien giving you a shout hey 'theSOURCE' what's up? Please remain calm we are not going to harm you. The alien will instant message your brain instead. It's a more advanced and convieninet way to communicate instead of an alien trying to audibly speak your human language.

Edited by topsecretresearch, 01 February 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#45    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 01 February 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

A simple way to put it is your brain is a bilogical computer.

This analogy has been used many times before in a variety of subjects. The problem is, that statement is a gross oversimplification. The human brain is such a vastly complex organ that it may be virtually impossible to construct a complete and accurate model of it. For example, while it's been observed how a group of neurons physically function, it's still unknown how those neurons form thoughts, memories, or emotions, or even how they process things such as sight or hearing.

Everything you hear is translated into a signal sent to a certain part of your brain.

I'm not trying to be facetious, but that process is known as "hearing".

Aliens can send this signal directly to your brain.

Again I have to ask: How is this accomplished? Basically there's two parts to this question. 1) How do the aliens transform their thoughts into a signal that can be "transmitted" from one being to another, and 2) by what process is the human brain able to not only receive, but to translate as well what would be an enormously complex signal without being severely physically damaged?

They can also chnage mood. The shock and fear of seeing an alien to having no fear and being cooperative.

What you've said here sounds suspiciously like hypnotism. This type of controlled perception can be induced relatively easily though the use of mind altering chemicals without the need for some form of exotic thought transference. My seizures are induced through the use of a strobe light when I go in for an EEG, for example.

You can also access a persons brain through the eyes. It's one reason Grey aliens are observed staring into a persons face. This process is termed "WATCHING & STARING."

Again what you've stated here sounds like hypnotic mind control, which in no way has anything to do with the generally accepted definition of telepathy. A person under hypnosis can sometimes resort to confabulation in order to satisfy a leading question.

As for the phrase "watching and staring", I'm reminded of the old Evil Eye, an ancient belief that a person (not an alien, sorry) has the power to cause bad luck, injury, or even death simply by staring at someone. This makes me wonder how much ancient beliefs and legends have been mixed in with current ET folklore.

And for the sake of staying on topic I won't go into my opinion on grey aliens.

As for the link you posted I understand what you're hinting at. I read about that quite a while back, though I haven't followed up with anything recent as to how much success they've had with their research.

The research the article is about has to do with studying how the brain processes and reacts to visual information gathered in a subject's visual cortex. What they're trying to achieve is to construct a basic model which can be used to interpret images a person has seen by studying the results obtained through the use of an MRI.

However (and it's a big however), it has nothing to do with projecting complex communication to or from a person's brain (at least not in an unconventional way). It all has to do with visual perception -- a hard-wired process similar to what I was referring to in an earlier post -- and how the brain reacts to that information. Personally, I wish them success with this endeavor, since it may someday lead to a device which can aid a person who has lost their vision. It may also be useful in treating people with certain mental disorders.

But they are not talking about having a complex conversation inside a person's brain -- either through some type of implanted device, or some form of thought transference.

So instead of the alien giving you a shout hey 'theSOURCE' what's up? Please remain calm we are not going to harm you. The alien will instant message your brain instead. It's a more advanced and convieninet way to communicate instead of an alien trying to audibly speak your human language.

Thank you for your reply, but I've still yet to read how telepathy supposedly works, even if it's all simply conjecture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users