Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women in the Combat Arms

Thanato

What do you think about women being in the Combat Arms?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about women being in the Combat Arms?

• Good Idea
    • It works well
    • It dosnt work
    • Its a bad idea

Personaly i think having Women in the combat arsm is a good idea. It works well in Canada and we have been doing it for over a decade.

~Thanato

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blizno

• Cadetak

• Purplos

• Thanato

Why not?

If men have to fight and die for their country, why should women be treated as if their lives are more valuable?

Better yet, don't send women to die in combat. Don't send men to die in combat either.

I think they should be allowed to fight in combat if they so choose. I also think it is crazy to want to. And I think any mother of underage children who volunteers to go fight in combat should be charged with child endangerment or neglect or something. (donning the asbetos)

I think women make great fighters. My little sister is a U.S. Horse Marine and I have seen her put some foot in people's a**** twice her size. My older sister is a counselor that has worked with violent offenders and she is no slouch either and our mother is a large animal vet and horse trainer who shoots western fast draw. So honestly I could not be chauvinistic if I wanted. I would be dead w00t.gif

lapi'che ni'tis

I think they should be allowed to fight in combat if they so choose.  I also think it is crazy to want to.  And I think any mother of underage children who volunteers to go fight in combat should be charged with child endangerment or neglect or something.  (donning the asbetos)

804005[/snapback]

But it's OK for the father of underage children to volunteer?

I think they should be allowed to fight in combat if they so choose.  I also think it is crazy to want to.  And I think any mother of underage children who volunteers to go fight in combat should be charged with child endangerment or neglect or something.  (donning the asbetos)

804005[/snapback]

804080[/snapback]

Nope, I don't think that's right either, but the question was about women. But traditional societal mores dictate that a Mommy abandoning her children for the sake of some political ideal is much more repulsize to me.

804005[/snapback]

804080[/snapback]

Nope, I don't think that's right either, but the question was about women. But traditional societal mores dictate that a Mommy abandoning her children for the sake of some political ideal is much more repulsize to me.

804214[/snapback]

So which is your opinion:

Women's lives are worth more than men's lives?

Women are better parents than men?

Women are more moral than men?

All of the above?

I don't give a damn about societal mores. Societal mores say that some Muslim women mustn't be permitted to get an education, be treated by a male doctor even to save her life, learn to read or have the slightest scrap of political power. Obviously, societal mores are insane in those cases. Western societal mores are better in some ways, especially when dealing with women, but they too are riddled with bigotry. There are some obvious truths that have nothing to do with societal mores. One is that all human life is precious, not just female human life. That a good parent is critical to a child and that the parent can be male or female. To say that only men can fight or that only women can be good parents does fit with traditional societal mores but those mores are mad and wrong.

Thinking about it for a while. I think women would make better combat soldiers they mature faster and would not have that adolescent pillage/rape attitude that males have. As bearers of life they would be less likely to take it needlessly. Lindsey England's attitude was the exception not the rule if she was posted with more women she would of been more compassionate instead of tomboying out and acting adolescent with those others clowns. I often heard my sister rant about how immature many men were under her command and how she would not trust them as civilians with weapons

lapi'che ni'tis

Piney, that is a very refreshing attitude... thumbsup.gif

Thank you and your family... wink2.gif

Piney, that is a very refreshing attitude... thumbsup.gif

Thank you and your family... wink2.gif

804601[/snapback]

It's not refreshing at all. It's just the same old bigotry. "Female is better than male." "My group is better than your group." Reverse the roles and see how much you like hearing that kind of crap. As for females in a group being kind and compassionate, have you ever been around a group of young women who've decided to trash somebody? Their cruelty can be boundless. No, women are not more gentle than men and are not better behaved in groups. They can be monstrous. They're less likely to use violence than young men, but if they're all heavily armed and trained to kill, that would change.

I wonder who would tell women "NO"?

I believe women in the military is a good idea. Since women through the years have won more rights they should be able to defend those hard won rights. I must admit though if I was in a mixed gender military unit I would feel more protective of the females in the unit. The reason is the basic chivalry hammered into me.

Women should definitley be in a man's arms! Not in Combat Arms though....

wars don't really need women in combat....wars need 'guys' in combat...political correctness 'needs' women in combat....

....babies need their mothers...we can fight the damn war without women in combat....

...leave the blowing up and killing things to the guys thank you very much...we are a hell of a lot better at it... thumbsup.gif . original.gif

.......having said that.....

To all the women in the military...even those in Combat situations....

..........I salute you! yes.gif

If they can accomplish the tasks to get into the army the yes. But the army shouldnt lower standards for women to join. for example: men have to do a 100 push ups but women gotta do 75. If there is a difference in training there is a difference in team effectiveness.

The standards are different for a reason, A femal body is not built like a male body, a femal as more lower body strength while a man has more upper body strength and endurence.

Women are good soldiers, there are many women in the Reserve infantry in the Canadian forces as well as the Regular infantry. So are you going to tell them that they cant do that job because there women?

Also about the bady thing, not every woman has a baby.

~Thanato

804005[/snapback]

804080[/snapback]

804214[/snapback]

All of the above?

I don't give a damn about societal mores. Societal mores say that some Muslim women mustn't be permitted to get an education, be treated by a male doctor even to save her life, learn to read or have the slightest scrap of political power. Obviously, societal mores are insane in those cases. Western societal mores are better in some ways, especially when dealing with women, but they too are riddled with bigotry. There are some obvious truths that have nothing to do with societal mores. One is that all human life is precious, not just female human life. That a good parent is critical to a child and that the parent can be male or female. To say that only men can fight or that only women can be good parents does fit with traditional societal mores but those mores are mad and wrong.

804380[/snapback]

Where did you get all of that from?

All I was saying was: People (I said women because that was what the topic was about) who have underage children should not volunteer for combat - IN MY OPINION. I have the PERSONAL belief that when someone has a child they are responsible for, that that child is now their #1 priority and supercedes (or SHOULD supercede) all else and if they shirk that ultimate responsibility, there should be consequences.

I said nothing about morality or whose life was worth more or even who makes a better parent. Sheesh.

"....babies need their mothers..."

Babies need their fathers too. The only thing a mother can give that a father cannot is breast milk. There are plenty of substitutes for breast milk.

This bigotry against fathers made sense when women were forbidden to be educated or hold jobs. Now that women can work and vote, it's way past time to knock down the anti-male half of gender bigotry.

804005[/snapback]

804080[/snapback]

804214[/snapback]

All of the above?

804380[/snapback]

Where did you get all of that from?

All I was saying was: People (I said women because that was what the topic was about) who have underage children should not volunteer for combat - IN MY OPINION. I have the PERSONAL belief that when someone has a child they are responsible for, that that child is now their #1 priority and supercedes (or SHOULD supercede) all else and if they shirk that ultimate responsibility, there should be consequences.

I said nothing about morality or whose life was worth more or even who makes a better parent. Sheesh.

807227[/snapback]

I stand corrected. When you said women with underage children I assumed you were treating them differently than men with underage children. I agree that parents with young children should not go to war unless there are too few soldiers without young children and the nation is in real danger.

Well saying that because women arnt as strong as a man doesnt matter. Im a man and am skinny and small. Do I get lower standards? If I did will I lower the efficiency of the squad? probobly.

Im not saying women shouldnt be in the army, but I am saying that standards

should be the same for any race,sex,age,weight,etc.

Speaking as a soldier myself in an Military where women are in the Combat Arms, I have the following to say:

If they can do the job- let them. If they can not, there are other positions in the military that they can serve their country in. I'm a man, but I'm not in the Combat Arms- I'm in the Combat Service Support Trades as a Resource Management Support Clerk.

Each person should do the job they- as an individual, not as a gender, are best suited for.

I have always been for, and always will be for unconditional equality in the Military and Society in general.

Thank you.

I don't see anything wrong with women being in the armed forces...I myself have always wanted to be in the Air Force. And I must say I strongly agree with Stewey.

Edited by endlessgirl