Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fact or Faked

Ecto76

If posted somewhere already, apologies.

Its one of my favorite shows. I love how scientific they are. I like even though some things can be faked or fabricated that they still give certain things a chance and investigate it.

What did you guys think of the alleged Alien abduction video?

I like it, although I am not convinced one way or the other by thier experiments a lot of the time (for instance it does not logically follow that just because they can experimentally replicate something that the original footage was created that way, nor does it logically follow that just becuse they could not replicate something that it is impossible for it to have been faked in the original footage).

They are also sloppy sometimes (such as the cival war cemetary ghost that they could not replicate during season 1, which if you slow the footage down becomes an obvious spider-web catching the camera light)... these minor nitpicks do not stop me from enjoying the show though.

I like shows on alien abduction or UFO's. I'm sure many have been faked but I bet theres a few that haven't been.

it's also my favourite show on these kinds of things, because they don't feed you everything as being paranormal, but also do a lot of debunking. Of course, they are TV, so i would also consider it entertainment, not scientific. But they're a nice mix between "GHOST HUNTERS", "MYTHBUSTERS" and SCOOBY DOO....:D about that "alien abduction": when i first saw that video on the web, i was gullible enough to think that it was totally real and couldn't have been faked....and yet those guys proved how it could have been done in several ways....

my favourite episode so far was about the "stick men"....anybody got something new about that thing, btw?

I like that show for pretty much one reason... Jael.

I second that emotion. Brains and beauty, what a combination.

• Like 2

I third that emotion.

• Like 2

If posted somewhere already, apologies.

Its one of my favorite shows. I love how scientific they are. I like even though some things can be faked or fabricated that they still give certain things a chance and investigate it.

What did you guys think of the alleged Alien abduction video?

I think know it was debunked here by members long ago.....And actually with better video representation to show what was wrong.

Actually, about everything that show has had has been debunked here.....Well before the show was around, or the topic even aired.

Stunt planes / UFO

Ghost being a moth

And quite a few others.....Actually I stopped watching it for that reason......Makes me wonder if they know of this site.

Saru needs a production crew.

Now, to the show, I give it a 2 out of 10......A couple of their debunks are still used here on topics that arise....But most have all ready been debunked......

I laugh at the " former FBI agent "......The dude is 20 something years old, what experience can he possibly have?

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

lol @ Sakari... I thought the same thing actually. He's kind of young to have had experience in the FBI? I don't know if he's 20 something, maybe 30. But still... I think working for the FBI would be a much better job then Fact or Faked? They probably pay better!? :)

• Like 1

I would LOVE to have that job, even if they make up every single case by themselves...!That would only be topped by being a Mythbuster, hehe....

I think know it was debunked here by members long ago.....And actually with better video representation to show what was wrong.

Actually, about everything that show has had has been debunked here.....Well before the show was around, or the topic even aired.

Stunt planes / UFO

Ghost being a moth

And quite a few others.....Actually I stopped watching it for that reason......Makes me wonder if they know of this site.

Saru needs a production crew.

Now, to the show, I give it a 2 out of 10......A couple of their debunks are still used here on topics that arise....But most have all ready been debunked......

I laugh at the " former FBI agent "......The dude is 20 something years old, what experience can he possibly have?

do you happen to know how those "stick figures" were explained / debunked??

I would LOVE to have that job, even if they make up every single case by themselves...!That would only be topped by being a Mythbuster, hehe....

do you happen to know how those "stick figures" were explained / debunked??

I believe that is the other footage used from the show here......Something on a line, and pulled...Can't remember......Use the search function.....There ya go.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201752&st=0

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221119&hl=

• Like 1

I saw a few episodes of the first season with the ghost car and ghost carriage segments. I thought it was a little boring, but I am willing to give it another shot. How have the recent episodes been?

I saw a few episodes of the first season with the ghost car and ghost carriage segments. I thought it was a little boring, but I am willing to give it another shot. How have the recent episodes been?

Read replies above.....

I third that emotion.

She IS beautiful. I also liked her when she was on Destination Truth.

Another fav show of mine.. I love Destination Truth. Even though they never find anything. Josh Gates makes that show what it is. He's funny!

• Like 1

This weeks new episode was great... I actually have the opportunity next year to investigate the North Carolina Battleship. Next weeks episode looks crazy! :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Same as destination truth for me......Drop the ghost hunting crap, leave that for the other shows.

I stopped recording DT and FoF because of this.

Ireespective of whether these shows are fake or not, the one thing that completely spoils them is the stupid eerie music that plays throughout. How many times have you watched a "ghost" show, they're walking about and say, "did you hear that?" Well I might have if there wasn't constant background music being played that drowns out any noises that I might be able to hear!!!!! They're meant to be doing an investigation, not a horror movie, and until someone comes up with a paranormal programme without stupid music playing in the background then I, for one, will not be watching them any more.

• Like 2

Ireespective of whether these shows are fake or not, the one thing that completely spoils them is the stupid eerie music that plays throughout. How many times have you watched a "ghost" show, they're walking about and say, "did you hear that?" Well I might have if there wasn't constant background music being played that drowns out any noises that I might be able to hear!!!!! They're meant to be doing an investigation, not a horror movie, and until someone comes up with a paranormal programme without stupid music playing in the background then I, for one, will not be watching them any more.

But they are not doing a investigation, they are filming and getting paid for entertainment, and advertisement money for the channel.

People never seem to bring that up either, the ones on TV, they are making money, getting paid......To FIND things. :)

I liked Chi Lan. Why did they replace her?

I wonder that too. :hmm:

I like the show for the entertainment value only. I dont think i agree with a lot of the video's they pick, its almost like they pick easy ones to debunk like some random light in the sky. One that was weird, and is probably my favourite was that stick figure episode, the one that was walking across that mans front yard. :unsure2: Strange!

Total pants and very childlike as they seem to be working to a script..

jael is only there because of her beauty and make pervs watch the show and keep it running. believe me cuz im watching every episode with jael in it :) but yea the show is fake but i stll like watching it. jael <3