Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Lawmakers/Aides try to get out of Obamacare

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#226    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,869 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

More
http://www.washingto...macare/?hpid=z2
The Insiders: Democrats are trying to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of ObamaCare

I don’t know if Members of Congress will be hearing about it in town hall gatherings and other meetings back home over the Fourth of July recess, but the rolling thunder of the approaching ObamaCare train can be heard in the distance.  Smart Democrats are beginning to get frantic about the need to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of ObamaCare between now and the 2014 midterm elections.  We are just three months away from the October 1st enrollment start date and so far, nothing about the ObamaCare implementation process should be politically encouraging for Democrats.  In fact, the more people learn about ObamaCare, the more frightened they become.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#227    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,394 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

Oh man October is coming up fast. I'm not doing it.

Posted Image

#228    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostKowalski, on 03 July 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

My mother in law, is scared to death about all this.

why?

I, and be repealed soon....Luckily, Texas Is not participating....

no and no. I have repeatedly reminded you that even if a state does not setup an exchange THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT WILL. Which of course puts the Federal government in charge. If that's what you want....

My mother in law, spent an hour and forty minutes, on the phone line, with the IRS! She told them, What are people gonna do when Obamacare kicks in, and they die waiting on the phone, wondering if they can or should go to the doctor!

I hope you are being sarcastic here because that's just about the craziest thing I've heard yet. The ACA is mostly about insurance. What does the government care if you can or should go to the doctor?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#229    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostMerc14, on 03 July 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

We are just three months away from the October 1st enrollment start date and so far, nothing about the ObamaCare implementation process should be politically encouraging for Democrats.

In fact the opposite is true. The first exchanges setup and information shared shows that rates will be less than current for those that need to participate in the exchanges.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#230    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,394 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

View Postninjadude, on 03 July 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

The ACA is mostly about insurance. What does the government care if you can or should go to the doctor?

From a liberal pov and from the sales pitches cast upon it this is absolutely supposed to be because the government does care and they are making the right move towards a healthier and more productive society. And why would you as a liberal support a bill that is simply all about making insurance companies richer?

Posted Image

#231    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,869 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

View Postninjadude, on 03 July 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

In fact the opposite is true. The first exchanges setup and information shared shows that rates will be less than current for those that need to participate in the exchanges.
I guess the law is bad enough to worry your party to the point that they delay a key part until AFTER the 2014elections.  Why?  If ACA is so great why keep putting the most important parts off?

Obama Administration Delays Health Care Law Employer Penalty Until 2015

Read more: http://swampland.tim.../#ixzz2XwvTfB5c

The Obama Administration announced on Tuesday that it is delaying implementing a key component of the Affordable Care Act for a year following complaints from the private sector about reporting requirements.
The so-called employer mandate, which penalizes employers with more than 50 employees if they fail to provide a minimum standard of affordable health insurance, was set to kick in in 2014, but now will take effect in 2015, the Treasury Department announced in a blog post first reported by Bloomberg News. The delay not only allows the Administration time to alleviate concerns among business owners, but also takes a controversial component of the law off the table before the midterm elections.

Read more: http://swampland.tim.../#ixzz2XwvsMjIS

Love to hear how keeping such wonderful legislation from taking effect until after the 2014 elections means it is a GOOD thing.  LMAO.

Edited by Merc14, 03 July 2013 - 03:30 AM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#232    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,786 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostMerc14, on 03 July 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I guess our resident cheerleaders didn't see this one coming but I certainly did.  2014 congressional elections so delay the curse. I'm waiting for explanations.

http://www.dailymail...-elections.html
Obamacare employer mandate delayed until 2015 to give Democrats breathing room until after 2014 midterm elections, says Treasury source

View PostMerc14, on 03 July 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

I guess the law is bad enough to worry your party to the point that they delay a key part until AFTER the 2014elections.  Why?  If ACA is so great why keep putting the most important parts off?

Love to hear how keeping such wonderful legislation from taking effect until after the 2014 elections means it is a GOOD thing.  LMAO.

.... Watching crappy legislation that no one wants, falling apart... Priceless!!

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#233    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,438 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

If Obamacare was so great we wouldn't be seeing people trying to exempt themselves, we wouldn't be seeing it get delayed for another year because of the burdens it creates. If it was so great people would be clamoring to get started and lamenting why it didn't start a year early.  Like everything else big government does, it's a bloated mess of paperwork and lost productivity.  The bane of economic health countrywide.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#234    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostMerc14, on 03 July 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

Obama Administration Delays Health Care Law Employer Penalty Until 2015

Read more: http://swampland.tim.../#ixzz2XwvTfB5c

The Obama Administration announced on Tuesday that it is delaying implementing a key component of the Affordable Care Act for a year following complaints from the private sector about reporting requirements.
The so-called employer mandate, which penalizes employers with more than 50 employees if they fail to provide a minimum standard of affordable health insurance, was set to kick in in 2014, but now will take effect in 2015, the Treasury Department announced in a blog post first reported by Bloomberg News. The delay not only allows the Administration time to alleviate concerns among business owners, but also takes a controversial component of the law off the table before the midterm elections.

Read more: http://swampland.tim.../#ixzz2XwvsMjIS

Remember how the Obama campaign tried to blame Romney because some guy's wife died of cancer after he lost his health insurance?

I wonder how many people are going to die during this year delay.....

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#235    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,869 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostYamato, on 03 July 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

If Obamacare was so great we wouldn't be seeing people trying to exempt themselves, we wouldn't be seeing it get delayed for another year because of the burdens it creates. If it was so great people would be clamoring to get started and lamenting why it didn't start a year early.  Like everything else big government does, it's a bloated mess of paperwork and lost productivity.  The bane of economic health countrywide.

You're far to logical.  LOL.  Seems simple doesn't it?   We have the glad-handers running around telling us the wonders of Obamacare while teh politicians who will win or lose from it keep pushing the thing back so they can get one more term before the bottom falls out.   The difference is the glad-handers here believe the propaganda and the politicians know the truth.

#236    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostKowalski, on 26 April 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

I like this bumper sticker...

Posted Image

Ha ha for some reason this did make me almost spit my tea out ...Nice one lol :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#237    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostKowalski, on 03 July 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

My mother in law, is scared to death about all this.

I'd gladly let my mother in law take part in it  lol :ph34r:

:P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#238    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,786 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

HA HA... My Father-In-Law was a true Obama-Liberal-CoolAid drinker last year... when he was unemployed and was not paying taxes and was collecting his free money. Now that he has a job with a Religious Conservative Retirement facility, he's turned into a Neo-con, and is telling everyone how Obamacare is going to Ruin him and how he shouldn't have to pay for all these freeloaders...

He cracks me up sometimes.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#239    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 03 July 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

I'd gladly let my mother in law take part in it  lol :ph34r:

:P

LOL....
:)

She's not the only one scared about it either. I talked to a friend of mine today, whose also worried sick about Obamacare. The plain, and simple truth is most people just can't afford health insurance. Their barely making ends meet right now.It's called "The Affordable Healthcare Act" Ha ha, yeah right....

#240    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 July 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

HA HA... My Father-In-Law was a true Obama-Liberal-CoolAid drinker last year... when he was unemployed and was not paying taxes and was collecting his free money. Now that he has a job with a Religious Conservative Retirement facility, he's turned into a Neo-con, and is telling everyone how Obamacare is going to Ruin him and how he shouldn't have to pay for all these freeloaders...

He cracks me up sometimes.

That is called "class conscientious" or put simple: "Whose bread I eat, his song I sing"

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users