Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How much do looks matter for Christians?

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#31    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 11 February 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

Ah, now that's the one I remember. It's much darker environment, must've been the shadowing.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#32    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 11 February 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

Why hasn't he stopped all the wars in the world then?  Surely "god" can just open a hole in the ground and drop all war mongers into the lake of fire right?
We have our free will. You have to take into account the Lamb's Book of Life. It's something for a Christian to ask himself about. A Christian might even dream about being on the list through the grace of the Holy Spirit. We are in constant battle for our souls. Physical war is fleeting but fighting for your soul's salvation is something else. Some say it's not enough to be good. If you die right now you had better have an idea where your soul will go to.

Edited by euroninja, 11 February 2013 - 03:44 AM.

Man plans and God laughs.

#33    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,204 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

View Posteuroninja, on 11 February 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

We have our free will. You have to take into account the Lamb's Book of Life. It's something for a Christian to ask himself about. A Christian might even dream about being on the list through the grace of the Holy Spirit. We are in constant battle for our souls. Physical war is fleeting but fighting for your soul's salvation is something else. Some say it's not enough to be good. If you die right now you had better have an idea where your soul will go to.

As I stated to A.C. earlier it was a joke, and I don't believe in an afterlife, or 99% of the bible for that matter, and I will never exalt that narcissistic psycho god, I have no reason to love him and every reason to hate him.

Edited by HavocWing, 11 February 2013 - 03:49 AM.

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
Jewish gematria # 629:
The holy bible
Demonic inspiration

#34    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

The heat of the sun in Arizona must have affected your mind. It's a joke. :D

#35    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

View Posteuroninja, on 11 February 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

I believe that God loves us all and only the very evil ones won't be saved. Every one of us is a sinner and no one should throw stones.

Posted Image

#36    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

View Postranrod, on 09 February 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

If it was common knowledge that if Jesus existed, he looked similar to the guy on the left, and nothing like the guy on the right, how many would not become Christians?

I think the colour of his skin doesn't matter to most christians. It doesn't for me. I was taught to love all people from all races and all walks of life. I know that I'm a true christian.

"I like to imagine that the world is a garden and the people her flowers. It takes many kinds of flowers make a beautiful garden." - J.E. de Blois

Posted Image

#37    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostSpiritTraveler, on 11 February 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I believe that God loves us all and only the very evil ones won't be saved. Every one of us is a sinner and no one should throw stones.
This thread is directly asking Christians and I'm going by the guidelines of my Christian religion. The Lamb's Book of Life and salvation through Jesus Christ are extremely important to a Christian. If this thread were all inclusive I wouldn't have bothered sharing these important Christian facts. It seems to me that you're the one who is judging me because I'm following my calling and I'm on the right thread to share my Christianity. If God loves us all then why doesn't he love the real evil ones? He doesn't love everyone and that's a long story to get into. Are you Christian?

#38    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostSpiritTraveler, on 11 February 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

I think the colour of his skin doesn't matter to most christians. It doesn't for me. I was taught to love all people from all races and all walks of life. I know that I'm a true christian.

"I like to imagine that the world is a garden and the people her flowers. It takes many kinds of flowers make a beautiful garden." - J.E. de Blois
How do you know you're a true Christian?

#39    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

http://christianity....ook-Of-Life.htm

http://www.sstbc.org/doctrine9.html

#40    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

View Posteuroninja, on 11 February 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

This thread is directly asking Christians and I'm going by the guidelines of my Christian religion. The Lamb's Book of Life and salvation through Jesus Christ are extremely important to a Christian. If this thread were all inclusive I wouldn't have bothered sharing these important Christian facts. It seems to me that you're the one who is judging me because I'm following my calling and I'm on the right thread to share my Christianity. If God loves us all then why doesn't he love the real evil ones? He doesn't love everyone and that's a long story to get into. Are you Christian?

I'm am sorry if I offended you. I wasn't judging you at all. The throwing stones part wasn't meant to be derogatory to you.  The comment was for this comment you made:  "Some say it's not enough to be good. If you die right now you had better have an idea where your soul will go to."

It's the "some say" that the comment was meant for. Not you.

Posted Image

#41    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

You are very much forgiven. I was scratching my head there for a second while asking myself what I've done to offend you. Oh well, misunderstanding. :blush:

#42    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

View Posteuroninja, on 11 February 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

How do you know you're a true Christian?

Does it really matter why I think that I'm a true christian? We both believe in Christ and the afterlife, and in being as good a person as we can. I didn't say that you're not a true christian.  I really must learn how to write in forums. It's easy to get misunderstood in them. Peace.

Posted Image

#43    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

You are a Christian because you really believe that in your heart. It's salvation through Christ. God bless you, SpiritTraveler.

#44    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

"Believers who hold to eternal security say Revelation 3:5 shows that God never blots out a name from the Book of Life. They further argue that God, who knows the future, would never list a name in the Book of Life in the first place if it would have to be blotted out later. The Book of Life assures that God knows his true followers, keeps and protects them during their earthly journey, and brings them home to him in heaven when they die."

#45    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,920 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

View Postranrod, on 09 February 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

If it was common knowledge that if Jesus existed, he looked similar to the guy on the left, and nothing like the guy on the right, how many would not become Christians?
I thought it was common knowledge that Jesus looked more like the guy on the left and nothing like the guy on the right.  It's just been common to depict Jesus like the guy on the right because of centuries of European art, but I thought very few Christians actually believed that's what he looked like.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users