Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

OBE and change the past

michaelpast

Is it possible to OBE or astral travel back into the past and change/remind your younger self to not do an action. Will it have an effect on the present when you return to your physical self/ current life?

Eg. I suffered an injury, but I OBE/AP back into the past to remind myself to be careful. When i return to the present timeline, will i still suffer the injury?

let us know if it does work, unless by you succeeding in the past means you never coming to UM. what if you going to the past just creates a separate timeline, you have to come back to your own future and other timeline you gets to not have an acident.

• Like 2

let us know if it does work, unless by you succeeding in the past means you never coming to UM. what if you going to the past just creates a separate timeline, you have to come back to your own future and other timeline you gets to not have an acident.

Now I am thinking about infinite alternate universes.

• Like 1

Everything that ever can happen, will and has happened. Including you being careful and not becoming injured. Every reality, an infinite number of them, exists and is going on 'right now'.

So you don't even have to go tell yourself to be careful, instead you simply have to switch to the reality where you were. Because all of those realities exist, and they exist outside of time and space, doing so while obe is logical. Simply because it is easier to convince the mind of things while in that state. There is no "I wonder if this is possible" there is just "Yeah baby! Lets get it done!"

The trick is not if you can do it (I think it is entirely possible). The trick is convincing your brain that it is alright to do (which is easier when oob or in a deep meditative state). If your mind won't accept the new reality as true you will just switch back to the one it can accept, and your temporary shift to the one you wanted will feel like it happened to someone else, or have a dream like quality when you remember it.

Which is where we come in to memories and such. Ever wake up from a dream where you were so very certain it was really happening? It probably was, but when you switched to this reality (woke up in this one) your mind tells you it is a dream because that is the only way it can accept it.

So, if you did manage to do it, you would probably remember this reality as though it were a dream, if you remember it at all. Unless you meditate so often and deeply that your mind starts to accept the altered state of mind, and won't bat an eyelash at a couple timeline discrepancies.

--all of his is just my opinion. Alas I cannot prove any of it.

• Like 1

wat about getting out of body every night..and when needed project and go to past night and get in!!!!so it makes the real time travel possible.

Is it possible to OBE or astral travel back into the past and change/remind your younger self to not do an action. Will it have an effect on the present when you return to your physical self/ current life?

Eg. I suffered an injury, but I OBE/AP back into the past to remind myself to be careful. When i return to the present timeline, will i still suffer the injury?

No, because you speak of fantasy.
  • Like 1

Ty for the inputs, I will give it a try and see if it works.

If it worked and I shifted to another reality/timeline, what will happen to my current body?

• 2 weeks later...

Ty for the inputs, I will give it a try and see if it works.

If it worked and I shifted to another reality/timeline, what will happen to my current body?

Would the 'you' from the other timeline be displaced or switch to your timeline?

Would you then retain the memories of your original life or would the idea of having switched be all that remains?

Perhaps our every idea creates a reality in another universe.

Thats only in Syfy lol be awesome if it were possible

Its all in your head.

But if an OBE allows you to mentally undo the past go for it. You could just erase all knowledge of the injury from your mind.

Sometimes life can be too unpredictable to have regrets. Who knows what would have happened if things played out different? For all you know, everything up to now, has been the best call. Take what you have, enjoy it, and move forward from here.