Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio

Pestarzt

Thread cleaned

Could everyone stick to the topic please.

Thank you.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• quillius

• booNyzarC

• skyeagle409

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably he is just taking part in a wider information and easing program connected to his Government.

Even though he states clearly that his information does not come from the Government, it comes from his mates, the "Old Timers"?

I dont think so. The hypothesis would have to make sense to be plausible.

I see no Government or NASA officials standing up and saying Mitchell is talking out of his ass by the way.

Then you did not read NASA's statement regarding MItchell and his claims. Gee, that is some in depth research.

A spokesman for NASA told CNN: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover-up about alien life on this planet or anywhere else – period."

In layman's terms, the above means "he is talking out of his ass". But he served his country and we are giving him respect for his efforts to further science.

We've had this discussion many times before. Without getting into discussions of dictionary definitions and semantics--which irritate me no end because they remind me of middle school English teachers--I would say that Mitchell's opinions are based on fact rather than pie in the sky speculation. He has his anonymous sources in the military and intelligence agencies, the people he knows around Roswell, and has also been briefed on aliens and UFOs.

He never names these people, but he's only saying things that that many other witnesses and documents confirm.

The ironic part here is that you are speculating that his speculations have some basis.

I find walking past the Foster Ranch, not altogether convincing. I am sure many have, and that gives them no special insight.

And even if Mitchell had seen aliens in person (so to speak) the "skeptics" would say that he was lying, senile or had really seen swamp gas reflected off the planet Venus. This is what they always do in every case, so it's a no-win situation.

He never did, so why create a situation that does not exist?

aff9554f-9192-4772-8d23-96ec96a26975.jpg

usaf-aircraft-identification-chart.jpg

Ahh yes, believers.......

EndIsNear1.jpg

Any day now.... right?

Have you seen your God? ..... I have seen my "god" there is a big difference. ... it was oval, orange, about 8 feet long and had a black diagonal stripe on it.

And there we have it folks. The winning statement. The agenda is exposed.

Do not know about you Boon, I would say this explains one hell of a lot wouldn't you? I would not call it a stable position, but an explanatory one.

:rofl::lol:

He never did, so why create a situation that does not exist?

Ahh yes, believers.......

EndIsNear1.jpg

Any day now.... right?

But, what Ed Mitchell has been saying is what military and intelligence officials have been saying for years.

And there we have it folks. The winning statement. The agenda is exposed.

Do not know about you Boon, I would say this explains one hell of a lot wouldn't you? I would not call it a stable position, but an explanatory one.

:rofl::lol:

Indeed yes psyche. It is as clear as day to me as well.

Cheers. :tu:

But, what Ed Mitchell has been saying is what military and intelligence officials have been saying for years.

Yes, and it is just as weighty.

floating-feather2-11.jpeg

this is my opinion. i don't think i can declare myself a believer, nor can i declare myself a non-believer. i just... don't... know. i want to believe, but the truth is i just don't know.

the earth is what, 4.5 billion years old? the majority of ufo data we have comes from the last 100 years. that is less than 0.00000002% of the time this planet has been around. how do i know if aliens haven't visited during that 4.5 billion years? i don't.

i think its kind of silly that people who have been around 80 years at the most are total expert on whats been around for 4.5 billion years. how do these people know what the hell has visited here??? they don't. yet they are bold enough to say they don't believe?

your entire life is not even a blip, not even close, compare to the life of this planet. i understand this, and i guess you can say i am "on the fence" or indifferent to the whole extraterrestrial thing. i am neither a believer, nor am i a non believer.

It is true that the earth holds this massive 4.5 billion year record, which you say is open slather for visitation, I would have to disagree, as I do not think early earth would have too much to offer over any moon.

Have you factored, or considered the rest of the Universe at 13.5 billion years, generational stars and evolution of planets? And then the advent of possible life based on our structure of the three domains of life, bacteria, archaea, and eukaryotes (which may or may not represents all possibilities) How does that time frame in this quadrant look for life within a reasonable vicinity? We are fairly remote, and it would not be cheap and easy to get here, so why do you think someone would have? The Universe is often described as having more stars in the sky than grains of sand exist on earth, and then planets around them. Why choose this bit? What makes it special enough to warrant investigation and expend resources and risk life an limb?

Ya know, I would have called you a believer going by our past conversations. Have you had a change of heart? I thought you were pretty sold on the medias interpretation of the Roswell story.

Edited by psyche101

Yes, and it is just as weighty.

floating-feather2-11.jpeg

On the contrary, what I have been asserting about Roswell, has now come to past. That in regards to a couple of balloon flights that never were and test dummy test of the 1950s that had nothing to do with the Roswell incident. Three Air Force cover stories proven as false, which now lends credibilty to what Ed Mitchell has been saying.

So, what Ed Mitchell has been saying in regards to the Roswell incident is what military personnel have been saying for years..

Edited by skyeagle409

On the contrary, what I have been asserting about Roswell, has now come to past. That in regards to a couple of balloon flights that never were and test dummy test of the 1950s that had nothing to do with the Roswell incident.

So, what Ed Mitchell has been saying in regards to the Roswell incident is what military personnel have been saying for years..

I'm not going to get into a Roswell debate with you sky, but all we have from Mitchell regarding Roswell is the same as what we have from many others; hearsay. He has been told things and he believes what he has been told. That is it.

He wasn't there. He hasn't seen anything to validate the belief. He is basing his belief solely on what he has been told. Nothing more.

But but but.........

So what? What did his bosses say? What did NASA say? What about Shepard? What about Roosa? Where are they backing MItchell? They were on the same spaceship! Mitchell had a personal epiphany that put him on this path.

More people politely and quietly say "what the hell is up with Mitchell these days" than those that say "Holy crap, what a revelation!!!!"

How many years will we hear this sort of nonsense? Until we get a verified WOW! Signal or better.

Edited by psyche101

I'm not going to get into a Roswell debate with you sky, but all we have from Mitchell regarding Roswell is the same as what we have from many others; hearsay. He has been told things and he believes what he has been told. That is it.

He wasn't there. He hasn't seen anything to validate the belief. He is basing his belief solely on what he has been told. Nothing more.

It is just a matter of understanding how the Air Force works from the inside to understand why the Air Force released the story that led to the headline of a captured flying saucer. Once again, Ed Mitchell is right on the money in regards to the Roswell incident.

Edited by skyeagle409

On the contrary, what I have been asserting about Roswell, has now come to past. That in regards to a couple of balloon flights that never were and test dummy test of the 1950s that had nothing to do with the Roswell incident. Three Air Force cover stories proven as false, which now lends credibilty to what Ed Mitchell has been saying.

Haha, you would like to think so I am sure. None of your Roswell predictions have "come to pass".

Test dummies of the 1950's were supposed to be in the 1950's, that is all laid out in the reports, which it seems you still have not read.

And this has no bearing on Ed Mitchell, his sources of "proof" have nothing to do with dummies and balloons. I seriously doubt Astronaut Mitchell has bothered to look at the case in depth, he has heard something from someone he likes, and believes them. That is good enough for him. Just not a serious investigator.

And what many have been saying is crazy talk. What about them? They are just deemed wrong because Mitchell's story is cooler?

It is just a matter of understanding how the Air Force works from the inside to understand why the Air Force released the story that led to the headline of a captured flying saucer. Once again, Ed Mitchell is right on the money in regards to the Roswell incident.

Way to go skyeagle. You've held up your opinion and avoided the valid points that I've raised. I know that I won't ever convince you of anything regarding Roswell, but at least realize that what Mitchell is talking about doesn't constitute additional evidence for your beliefs. He is merely communicating that he has been convinced by the same evidence that has you and many others convinced.

In other words, Ed Mitchell is expressing his take on the matter based on common and fully public statements around the Roswell mythology; not direct personal knowledge that he obtained by either witnessing the event himself in some way or seeing/handling supposed materials from the event. Surely you must agree with that?

Posts like this make it very hard to believe that you ever served. If you think there is only "one way to skin a cat" then you are sadly mistaken.

But but but.........

So what? What did his bosses say? What did NASA say?

What NASA has said? Even astronauts, other than Ed Mitchell, have said the objects are real. On another note in regards to NASA, we have had secret aircraft flying around with bogus NASA insignias, which brings the U-2 into the limelight. That, in addition that NASA received a warning in 1960 of the dire consequences should ET reality be revealed to the public, which is a motive for NASA to keep quiet.

What about Shepard? What about Roosa?

What about Cooper and the cosmonauts?

Where are they backing MItchell?

Ed Mitichell has the backing of those who were there--military personnel and civilians,--and military and civilian personnel based at Wright-Pattersn AFB, including generals, on down the chain of command..

More people politely and quietly say "what the hell is up with Mitchell these days" than those that say "Holy crap, what a revelation!!!!"

How many years will we hear this sort of nonsense? Until we get a verified WOW! Signal or better.

Actually, more and more information has been revealed on Roswell, which supports what Ed Mitchell has been saying.

Edited by skyeagle409

Posts like this make it very hard to believe that you ever served. If you think there is only "one way to skin a cat" then you are sadly mistaken.

On the contrary, I was once part of an Air Force cover-up, but nothing involving UFOs. It involved, Korean airlines, Flt 007. The Intel' folks at Clark airbase, Philippines were giving us the straight scoop on recovery efforts and I read false reports in the newspaper, but, it was justified because at the time the Soviets were searching for the black boxes as well. So I know from firsthand experience how the Air Force, or the government for that matter, tends to dupe the public when it feels like it. I have seen other cases where the Air Force had tried to cover-up incidents.

So once again, Ed Mitchell is right on the money and he was in a position to know other things as well..

Edited by skyeagle409

Well said cassandra. I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding where we should probably all be sitting when it comes to this subject. The word I use, though not often, is agnostic. That is how I am regarding alien visitation; agnostic. When it comes to ET life itself, somewhere out there, I'm completely a believer in that. I just don't see any reason to believe that alien life has actually visited us here on Earth. I'm open to the possibility, but won't jump off the fence unless I have adequate reason.

I was just about to post that exact word. When it comes to the UFO Visitation theory. I'm also agnostic. Although! I also believe that the UFO Visitation theory has more strength and makes more sense to me than something like Christianity. (no offence to anyone)

So while i sit on the fence and honestly have no proof, and believe there is none. (not solid proof that cannot be argued or debated anyway) I have faith that UFO Visitation is a reality.

What NASA has said? Even astronauts, other than Ed Mitchell, have said the objects are real. On another note in regards to NASA, we have had secret aircraft flying around with bogus NASA insignias, which brings the U-2 into the limelight. That, in addition that NASA received a warning in 1960 of the dire consequences should ET reality be revealed to the public, which is a motive for NASA to keep quiet.

What has NASA Said? What does Mitchell have to back his wild claims on a 60+ year old story? As far as I can see his claim to fame on this subject is riding his accomplishments that are completely unrelated to the claims. When someone has to rely on things like credentials, and cannot produce proof, that is an appeal to authority, and this is what Ed Mitchell's claim is, an appeal to authority. It is not proof in any form.

Haha, the catchcry of the poor beaten down believer

"It's all a cover up I tells ya!"

No proof, no reason, and from the people who actually are looking for life. They have proof of efforts to contact other life, and they told us all about the WOW! Signal. Who "backs" Mitchell? UFOlogists and the old timers. Not too much evidence there on the believer part, just some third party hearsay, but should I expect more?

And, what does MItchell have? Second hand stories he puts stock in because he walked past the Foster ranch. That might be enough for you, but not a serious research effort.

What about Cooper and the cosmonauts?

Excuse me? I said

What about Shepard? What about Roosa?

Are you playing: He was doing it, so I did. ??

What about the men on his spaceship? How can they confirm Mitchell's claims? The men who went into space with him?

Ed Mitichell has the backing of those who were there--military personnel and civilians,--and military and civilian personnel based at Wright-Pattersn AFB, including generals, on down the chain of command..

Excellent, so What about Shepard? What about Roosa?

Ohh civillians!!! Oh, let me take my skeptic hat of right now, we would not have a civillian popping out the odd pork pie would we now!! Never seen such a ting in all my life! What does Lloyd Pye say? Billy Mier? Richard Hoagland, hey lets not stop at one, lets pull al the bigwigs of Alien Tech out shall we! (That is sarcasm Sky, just in case.....)

I do not care who says what Sky, people of all interests and all ideals enter all walks of life. I want proof, that is where your argument lacks. Problem is believers need to make proof for ET, that is just how the ETH rolls, assumption and embellishment is a staple. I just cannot subscribe to such a heavy involvement of imagination. Such is required to come to the assumptions reached.

Actually, more and more information has been revealed on Roswell, which supports what Ed Mitchell has been saying.

No, that is just fantasy, where is Roswell in relation to where it was in 1980? The same place. I am still saying it is not ET, and you are still saying it is. No matter how much common sense flood out over the years, it matters not how much effort goes into a rational explanation, it matters not that round pegs are going into round holes. The only thing that has advanced over the years on Roswell is the hopes of the blind believers.

Get back to me when it is resolved once and for all, for everybody, not your narrow view. There is no need for you and I to keep repeating the same arguments until we depart this planet, as I doubt agreement will be reached by that time on this tripe, and people will still be arguing back and forth about ET being captured whilst both you and I are pushing up daisies.

Edited by psyche101

What has NASA Said? What does Mitchell have to back his wild claims on a 60+ year old story?

The original Roswell headline, which is backed by those who were there on the scene, and military and civilian personnel at Wright-Patterson AFB, two Air Force cover stories in effect to this very day, in addition to the Air Force's own project officer for test dummy operations of the 1950s, who became a believer and whom was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB.

The Air Force would never have concocted such a sensation story had it not been true, especially the 509th Bomber Group, the world's only nuclear force.

As far as I can see his claim to fame on this subject is riding his accomplishments that are completely unrelated to the claims. When someone has to rely on things like credentials, and cannot produce proof, that is an appeal to authority, and this is what Ed Mitchell's claim is, an appeal to authority. It is not proof in any form.

It is just a matter of understanding the Air Force's body language over the decades. As you know, I have been right on the money in regards to all three of the Air Force's cover stories, because I know from firsthand experience how the Air Force has been duping the public over the years.

Haha, the catchcry of the poor beaten down believer

Now, that is very amusing considering that I have been right on the money and that Mogul balloon experiment shown of TV the other night is the icing on the cake that backed my claim on a Project Mogul balloon train fligth #4 that never was. Glad that Joe Nickell was there to see for himself that he was wrong.

"It's all a cover up I tells ya!"

No proof, no reason, and from the people who actually are looking for life. They have proof of efforts to contact other life, and they told us all about the WOW! Signal. Who "backs" Mitchell? UFOlogists and the old timers. Not too much evidence there on the believer part, just some third party hearsay, but should I expect more?

The folks who were firsthand witnesses and military and civilian personnel at WPAFB support Ed Mitchell.

Excellent, so What about Shepard? What about Roosa?

What about them?

Ohh civillians!!! Oh, let me take my skeptic hat of right now, we would not have a civillian popping out the odd pork pie would we now!! Never seen such a ting in all my life! What does Lloyd Pye say? Billy Mier? Richard Hoagland, hey lets not stop at one, lets pull al the bigwigs of Alien Tech out shall we! (That is sarcasm Sky, just in case.....)

Well, the Roswell witnesses were there, not those you have listed, and the skeptics weren't there either. So is it any wonder why they support Mitchell, and not Phil Klass, Dave Thomas, and Joe Nickell who have now been proven wrong?

Edited by skyeagle409

I was just about to post that exact word. When it comes to the UFO Visitation theory. I'm also agnostic. Although! I also believe that the UFO Visitation theory has more strength and makes more sense to me than something like Christianity. (no offence to anyone)

So while i sit on the fence and honestly have no proof, and believe there is none. (not solid proof that cannot be argued or debated anyway) I have faith that UFO Visitation is a reality.

Cheers Deacon. I fully understand and respect the belief for alien visitation. In fact, I held that belief myself once upon a time. But I've settled into the agnostic standpoint because none of the evidence I've reviewed has been enough to prove the case and I realized that I was putting too much faith in things that didn't deserve it. The idea is pretty enticing and honestly it was hard for me to let go of it. I'd held that belief since I was kid but hadn't really spent a lot of time or effort trying to validate it until relatively recently in the last couple of years. What I've found so far has taken me through a roller coaster ride between belief, disbelief, surprise, and even anger. It is hard to describe it adequately and fully, so I won't even try in this setting right now.

But at this point I agree that agnostic is the best stance to take regarding ET visitation at the present time. I look forward to an opportunity to be pushed off of this fence, but I doubt that it will be forthcoming.

Cheers Deacon. I fully understand and respect the belief for alien visitation. In fact, I held that belief myself once upon a time. But I've settled into the agnostic standpoint because none of the evidence I've reviewed has been enough to prove the case and I realized that I was putting too much faith in things that didn't deserve it. The idea is pretty enticing and honestly it was hard for me to let go of it. I'd held that belief since I was kid but hadn't really spent a lot of time or effort trying to validate it until relatively recently in the last couple of years. What I've found so far has taken me through a roller coaster ride between belief, disbelief, surprise, and even anger. It is hard to describe it adequately and fully, so I won't even try in this setting right now.

But at this point I agree that agnostic is the best stance to take regarding ET visitation at the present time. I look forward to an opportunity to be pushed off of this fence, but I doubt that it will be forthcoming.

I whole heartedly agree. It's interesting to note that whether its religion, ET theories or physics. All of these beliefs and knowledge are just used to explain what humans currently don't understand. The search for knowledge and our own purpose is one that will never end, regardless of whether ET's are visiting (and proven to be) or not.

So i think Agnostic is a perfect way to describe my stance on MANY theories about what we do (or don't) know.

Because really, who are we to say that something is completely impossible? (within reason)

I think agnostic is the open minded way to look at things.

I whole heartedly agree. It's interesting to note that whether its religion, ET theories or physics. All of these beliefs and knowledge are just used to explain what humans currently don't understand. The search for knowledge and our own purpose is one that will never end, regardless of whether ET's are visiting (and proven to be) or not.

So i think Agnostic is a perfect way to describe my stance on MANY theories about what we do (or don't) know.

Because really, who are we to say that something is completely impossible? (within reason)

I think agnostic is the open minded way to look at things.

Cheers Deacon. For the most part I agree with you mate. Have a good night. :D:tu: