Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#31    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 September 2011 - 11:49 PM, said:

He never did, so why create a situation that does not exist?

Ahh yes, believers.......

Posted Image

Any day now.... right?

But, what Ed Mitchell has been saying is what military and intelligence officials have been saying for years.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#32    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 September 2011 - 11:53 PM, said:

And there we have it folks. The winning statement. The agenda is exposed.

Do not know about you Boon, I would say this explains one hell of a lot wouldn't you? I would not call it a stable position, but an explanatory one.

:rofl: :lol:
Indeed yes psyche.  It is as clear as day to me as well.

Cheers. :tu:

#33    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 04 September 2011 - 11:56 PM, said:

But, what Ed Mitchell has been saying is what military and intelligence officials have been saying for years.
Yes, and it is just as weighty.

Posted Image

#34    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

View Postcassandra5655, on 04 September 2011 - 09:00 PM, said:

this is my opinion. i don't think i can declare myself a believer, nor can i declare myself a non-believer. i just... don't... know. i want to believe, but the truth is i just don't know.

the earth is what, 4.5 billion years old? the majority of ufo data we have comes from the last 100 years. that is less than 0.00000002% of the time this planet has been around. how do i know if aliens haven't visited during that 4.5 billion years? i don't.

i think its kind of silly that people who have been around 80 years at the most are total expert on whats been around for 4.5 billion years. how do these people know what the hell has visited here??? they don't. yet they are bold enough to say they don't believe?

your entire life is not even a blip, not even close, compare to the life of this planet. i understand this, and i guess you can say i am "on the fence" or indifferent to the whole extraterrestrial thing. i am neither a believer, nor am i a non believer.

It is true that the earth holds this massive 4.5 billion year record, which you say is open slather for visitation, I would have to disagree, as I do not think early earth would have too much to offer over any moon.

Have you factored, or considered the rest of the Universe at 13.5 billion years, generational stars and evolution of planets? And then the advent of possible life based on our structure of  the three domains of life, bacteria, archaea, and eukaryotes (which may or may not represents all possibilities) How does that time frame in this quadrant look for life within a reasonable vicinity? We are fairly remote, and it would not be cheap and easy to get here, so why do you think someone would have? The Universe is often described as having more stars in the sky than grains of sand exist on earth, and then planets around them. Why choose this bit? What makes it special enough to warrant investigation and expend resources and risk life an limb?

Ya know, I would have called you a believer going by our past conversations. Have you had a change of heart? I thought you were pretty sold on the medias interpretation of the Roswell story.

Edited by psyche101, 05 September 2011 - 12:05 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#35    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 05 September 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

Yes, and it is just as weighty.

Posted Image

On the contrary, what I have been asserting about Roswell, has now come to past. That in regards to a couple of balloon flights that never were and test dummy test of the 1950s that had nothing to do with the Roswell incident. Three Air Force cover stories proven as false, which now lends credibilty to what Ed Mitchell has been saying.

So, what Ed Mitchell has been saying in regards to the Roswell incident is what military personnel have been saying for years..

Edited by skyeagle409, 05 September 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#36    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 05 September 2011 - 12:19 AM, said:

On the contrary, what I have been asserting about Roswell, has now come to past. That in regards to a couple of balloon flights that never were and test dummy test of the 1950s that had nothing to do with the Roswell incident.

So, what Ed Mitchell has been saying in regards to the Roswell incident is what military personnel have been saying for years..
I'm not going to get into a Roswell debate with you sky, but all we have from Mitchell regarding Roswell is the same as what we have from many others; hearsay.  He has been told things and he believes what he has been told.  That is it.

He wasn't there.  He hasn't seen anything to validate the belief.  He is basing his belief solely on what he has been told.  Nothing more.

#37    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 04 September 2011 - 11:56 PM, said:

But but but.........

So what? What did his bosses say? What did NASA say? What about Shepard? What about Roosa? Where are they backing MItchell? They were on the same spaceship! Mitchell had a personal epiphany that put him on this path.

More people politely and quietly say "what the hell is up with Mitchell these days" than those that say "Holy crap, what a revelation!!!!"

How many years will we hear this sort of nonsense? Until we get a verified WOW! Signal or better.

Edited by psyche101, 05 September 2011 - 12:24 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#38    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 05 September 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

I'm not going to get into a Roswell debate with you sky, but all we have from Mitchell regarding Roswell is the same as what we have from many others; hearsay.  He has been told things and he believes what he has been told.  That is it.

He wasn't there.  He hasn't seen anything to validate the belief.  He is basing his belief solely on what he has been told.  Nothing more.

It is just a matter of understanding how the Air Force works from the inside to understand why the Air Force released the story that led to the headline of a captured flying saucer. Once again, Ed Mitchell is right on the money in regards to the Roswell incident.

Edited by skyeagle409, 05 September 2011 - 12:27 AM.

#39    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

On the contrary, what I have been asserting about Roswell, has now come to past. That in regards to a couple of balloon flights that never were and test dummy test of the 1950s that had nothing to do with the Roswell incident. Three Air Force cover stories proven as false, which now lends credibilty to what Ed Mitchell has been saying.

Haha, you would like to think so I am sure. None of your Roswell predictions have "come to pass".

Test dummies of the 1950's were supposed to be in the 1950's, that is all laid out in the reports, which it seems you still have not read.

And this has no bearing on Ed Mitchell, his sources of "proof" have nothing to do with dummies and balloons. I seriously doubt Astronaut Mitchell has bothered to look at the case in depth, he has heard something from someone he likes, and believes them. That is good enough for him. Just not a serious investigator.

And what many have been saying is crazy talk. What about them? They are just deemed wrong because Mitchell's story is cooler?

#40    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:34 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 05 September 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

It is just a matter of understanding how the Air Force works from the inside to understand why the Air Force released the story that led to the headline of a captured flying saucer. Once again, Ed Mitchell is right on the money in regards to the Roswell incident.
Way to go skyeagle.  You've held up your opinion and avoided the valid points that I've raised.  I know that I won't ever convince you of anything regarding Roswell, but at least realize that what Mitchell is talking about doesn't constitute additional evidence for your beliefs.  He is merely communicating that he has been convinced by the same evidence that has you and many others convinced.

In other words, Ed Mitchell is expressing his take on the matter based on common and fully public statements around the Roswell mythology; not direct personal knowledge that he obtained by either witnessing the event himself in some way or seeing/handling supposed materials from the event.  Surely you must agree with that?

#41    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 05 September 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

Posts like this make it very hard to believe that you ever served. If you think there is only "one way to skin a cat" then you are sadly mistaken.

#42    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 September 2011 - 12:24 AM, said:

But but but.........

So what? What did his bosses say? What did NASA say?

What NASA  has said? Even astronauts, other than Ed Mitchell, have said the objects are real. On another note in regards to  NASA, we have had secret aircraft flying around with bogus NASA insignias, which brings the U-2 into the limelight. That, in addition that NASA received a warning in 1960 of the dire consequences should ET reality be revealed to the public, which is a motive for NASA to keep quiet.

What about Shepard? What about Roosa?

What about Cooper and the cosmonauts?

Where are they backing MItchell?

Ed Mitichell has the backing of those who were there--military personnel and civilians,--and military and civilian personnel based at Wright-Pattersn AFB, including generals, on down the chain of command..

More people politely and quietly say "what the hell is up with Mitchell these days" than those that say "Holy crap, what a revelation!!!!"

How many years will we hear this sort of nonsense? Until we get a verified WOW! Signal or better.

Actually, more and more information has been revealed on Roswell, which supports what Ed Mitchell has been saying.

Edited by skyeagle409, 05 September 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#43    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:45 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 September 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

Posts like this make it very hard to believe that you ever served. If you think there is only "one way to skin a cat" then you are sadly mistaken.

On the contrary, I was once part of an Air Force cover-up, but nothing involving UFOs. It involved, Korean airlines, Flt 007. The Intel' folks at Clark airbase, Philippines were giving us the straight scoop on recovery efforts and I read false reports in the newspaper, but, it was justified because at the time the Soviets were searching for the black boxes as well. So I know from firsthand experience how the Air Force, or the government for that matter, tends to dupe the public when it feels like it. I have seen other cases where the Air Force had tried to cover-up incidents.

So once again, Ed Mitchell is right on the money and he was in a position to know other things as well..

Edited by skyeagle409, 05 September 2011 - 12:48 AM.

#44    Deacon_Fall

Deacon_Fall

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 September 2011 - 09:10 PM, said:

Well said cassandra.  I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding where we should probably all be sitting when it comes to this subject.  The word I use, though not often, is agnostic.  That is how I am regarding alien visitation; agnostic.  When it comes to ET life itself, somewhere out there, I'm completely a believer in that.  I just don't see any reason to believe that alien life has actually visited us here on Earth.  I'm open to the possibility, but won't jump off the fence unless I have adequate reason.

I was just about to post that exact word. When it comes to the UFO Visitation theory. I'm also agnostic. Although! I also believe that the UFO Visitation theory has more strength and makes more sense to me than something like Christianity. (no offence to anyone)
So while i sit on the fence and honestly have no proof, and believe there is none. (not solid proof that cannot be argued or debated anyway) I have faith that UFO Visitation is a reality.

#45    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,737 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:56 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users