Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Diving accident

tyrant lizard

Hi not too sure where to put this but I saw a video on the net of a guy diving off a cliff and the jump going wrong and he landed on some concrete. Towards the end of the clip is some footage supposedly of the same guy in hospital with some absolutely horrific facial injuries. I decided not to post the video on here as it is pretty disturbing but you can find it if you google worst accident face split or something like that. I strongly advise you not to watch it if you don't like gore or things like that.

The reason for my post is that I don't think the hospital footage is real (probably wishful thinking) and you guys on here seem to be pretty knowledgeable and I figured you'd know the answer.

Thanks

P.S. I apologise for the 'don't push the red button context of this post', but really, don't watch it if you're sqeamish.

i hate watching vids like that, they dont ever seem to be forgotten, no matter how hard you try.

• Like 1

I doubt he felt it. I'm thinking if he hit his head that hard it would have mullered his brain.

Yeah I've seen this one, truly screwed up. Though apparently the hospital footage is actually of a failed shotgun suicide attempt, not of the actual guy who jumped.

sounds more likely than hitting his face on the floor. But I remember looking at the morgue photos of the Rettingdon Essex Boys murders. The three of them were shot in the face with a shotgun and they looked pretty messed up - though not as bad as this guy

Yeah,I found it.

I don't see how the people filming the diving incident ,could have inside an emergency room follow up footage .

It's a blurry copy at my end ,but the er footage looks real to me .

I would say a huge portion of the brain is destroyed ,and the brainstem is just keeping the body alive.I've seen that first hand,with just the jaw left of the head .

I would think that boy expired not long after the footage,or is a vegetable .

I found a thing saying he died two days later. I don't know why any friend of that person would want to film that kind of thing though, even if they could get into the theater.

Would I be out of line asking what happened in the incident you saw?

.When I was a brand new paramedic ,I was working on an ambulance in south queens nyc.

My dept also used us in the emergency room ,to pick up slack because of the nurse shortage at the time.

My duties were covering anything a nurse or paramedic could do .

This was very long ago ....shhhh.

I wanted to just work on the ambulance ,but this was the only job I could get ,as a newbie.

Most places won't touch you without a year's experience ,right out of school .

I was in the ER when an ambulance brought him in .

So I didn't see the mechanism of injury .

It was some sort of accident involving a car and a truck I believe ,and the cars top had been sheered off ,along with thectop of the guys head.

It was like a cross section you see in an anatomy book .

The lower jaw was there ,but nothing else .

Some part of the brain stem was there,because it had a heart beat and was breathing .No other explanation can be possible .

It didn't look like brain matter ,but some reddish blob where the spine would be .

The ER intubated it ,and every resident ,MD,,andd person of interest came down to look at it .

It went into cardiac arrest about two hours after it came in .

No family had come ,so they just let it expire.

Even so ,there's nothing to really resuscitate.

• Like 1

That's pretty grim!

I saw a chicken once got decapitated wrongly, and all that was left was the front of its neck and the beak but it lived an otherwise normal life

That's pretty grim!

I saw a chicken once got decapitated wrongly, and all that was left was the front of its neck and the beak but it lived an otherwise normal life

I've seen a lot of stuff ,some of which I wish I could forget ,and never will .

If you didn't see the heated thread about the guy pushed ifo a train in nyc,and the took photos and didn't help him .....I have a huge problem with that,given how many body parts I've pronounced dead under a train ,and one of the worst calls of my life,was a train job .

In one of those faces of death movies ,maybe three or four ,there's a nyc train call,where a guy is trapped between a train and the platform .

All that's keeping him alive ,is something called the tamponade .It's actually where the word tampon comes from .

The blood going to his brain ,is being kept there,by the massive pressure of the train,on his crushed body .

Moving the train,and releasing the pressure ,means all the blood from broken vessels ,will just flow out,and he will die instantly ,once the train is moved .

This means,he's a talking dead man . Everyone knows it .

They brought him a phone ,so he could say good bye to his wife .

Then the train was moved,and he died....

I know every emergency person in that video .

They were all basketcases for weeks....weeks and weeks ...

You can't even really see him land, that'd be the part that would be gruesome. There should be a warning to turn down your volume too. Dang, my ears bled.

Of course the hospital footage is horrific.

Why it's being filmed with a cellphone is weird (the hospital part).

You can't even really see him land, that'd be the part that would be gruesome. There should be a warning to turn down your volume too. Dang, my ears bled.

Of course the hospital footage is horrific.

Why it's being filmed with a cellphone is weird (the hospital part).

Well the only thing that seems consistent,is they appear to be speaking Arabic ,or something similar ?

And the hospital seems to have the same ethnic mood ,as far as I can tell .

Its hard to tell.

It may well be the same kid . Gun shot wounds to the face dont usually present like that,but anything is possible .

Wow Simbi, that's some chilling stuff right there... Horrible things happening out there in this world

Pretty much .

But when you see me discussing medical workers,and PTSD ,and things like this,its why I get a bit heated .

I had massive PTSD for years . It went away ,after I left the service,but it took a long time.

We carry a lot .People take it for granted ,that its just a job ....its not like most other jobs is the thing .

• Like 1

Well the only thing that seems consistent,is they appear to be speaking Arabic ,or something similar ?

And the hospital seems to have the same ethnic mood ,as far as I can tell .

Its hard to tell.

It may well be the same kid . Gun shot wounds to the face dont usually present like that,but anything is possible .

I couldn't tell what they were speaking after that girl started screaming because I muted it. lol