Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ron Paul rips NRA plan for officers in every

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostOrder66, on 25 December 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

So according to Ron Paul, we can give nukes to Iran, but we can't put police officers in schools?

Posted Image

You're not giving anything to Iran and actually, they have the same if not more Rights to own nukes than Israel does.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 26 December 2012 - 02:15 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#17    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostOrder66, on 26 December 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

I don't have an exact number, but often enough in the news I hear about terror plots foiled. As a taxpayer I'm satisfied that there is due diligence on the part of DHS. The biggest complaint I hear about the TSA is that they harass too many people which at least tells me they are doing what they are paid to do.

I don't know, but if it is a genuine public safety issue, then it isn't justified merely by cost. How much do firefighters cost the taxpayers? It's not a profitable enterprise but somebody has to do it.

Well if you ask the ACLU it means threats lawsuits anytime someone exercises freedom or religion within 100 miles of a school or city hall.  If you ask someone who is being shot at by a crazed killer, it probably means 2nd amendment right to bear arms.

The question I asked was how many terrorists has the TSA has caught?  The answer is zero.

It costs $8 billion per year to fund the TSA and they have never caught a terrorist.  It's a complete waste of money.

Your whole last paragraph is just silly.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#18    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,946 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

View Post747400, on 25 December 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Armed officers in every school?! Holy moses, how many would that need?!

There's just under 100,000 public schools in America. About $55,000 per school (wages, training, equiping, etc.) or $5.5 billion dollars the first year alone. About half that for every year after.

I heard that a few days ago, don't ask me the source.

#19    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

View Postacidhead, on 26 December 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

The question I asked was how many terrorists has the TSA has caught?  The answer is zero.

It costs $8 billion per year to fund the TSA and they have never caught a terrorist.  It's a complete waste of money.

Your whole last paragraph is just silly.

Trick question, now pull a quarter out of my ear.

View PostLikely Guy, on 26 December 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

There's just under 100,000 public schools in America. About $55,000 per school (wages, training, equiping, etc.) or $5.5 billion dollars the first year alone. About half that for every year after.

I heard that a few days ago, don't ask me the source.

Obama's family spent 1.4 billion tax dollars on vacations in 2011, but he will fight this NRA plan to the death.

Posted Image

#20    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostOrder66, on 26 December 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

Obama's family spent 1.4 billion tax dollars on vacations in 2011, but he will fight this NRA plan to the death.

He spent no more on vacation than Bush, the habitual vacationer, or Clinton. And of course he'll fight the NRA and their radical 'plan' of arming teachers.

#21    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

The facts speak for themselves... you can choose to ignore it or you can choose to accept whatever BS is put before you... it's your choice.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#22    Kub4n

Kub4n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• Broke and Famous

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

I just think if its good enough for obamas kids to be in sidwell where there are 11 armed guards non ss by the way , why does he not think our kids do not deserve the same treatment . O that's right we are to scared to do anything for ourselves so we let the nanny state decide . All schools are gun free zones and guess what criminals don't follow laws so giving up rights for false security is senile.The elites brainwash us into believing its better to be disarmed what good it did all over the world crime rates were lower before the all banned guns. Take in account population difference of all countries

#23    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostKub4n, on 26 December 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

I just think if its good enough for obamas kids to be in sidwell where there are 11 armed guards non ss by the way , why does he not think our kids do not deserve the same treatment . O that's right we are to scared to do anything for ourselves so we let the nanny state decide . All schools are gun free zones and guess what criminals don't follow laws so giving up rights for false security is senile.The elites brainwash us into believing its better to be disarmed what good it did all over the world crime rates were lower before the all banned guns. Take in account population difference of all countries

Oh great, so lets arm schools, classrooms, restaurants, movie theaters, car washes, drugstores, walmarts, gas stations. The NRA solution is plainly ludicrous and impossible to do.

#24    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

From an outside perspective- this could so turn into a self destruct of the the US.  It is pretty scary to watch.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#25    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,096 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostOrder66, on 25 December 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Why do kids need so much freedom anyway? Since when are schools not supposed to keep a close on eye what the kids are doing? They will have their whole lives ahead of them in which they will be free to make bad decisions. For the first few years at least they can learn to sit down and shut up and follow rules like civilized human beings.
Holy Mother of God, so keeping kids under firm discipline would need armed officers?!??!?!?!

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#26    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,096 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostOrder66, on 26 December 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

I don't have an exact number, but often enough in the news I hear about terror plots foiled. As a taxpayer I'm satisfied that there is due diligence on the part of DHS.

The power of the media ... Doktor Goebbels would be proud ...

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#27    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,921 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

View Post747400, on 26 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Holy Mother of God, so keeping kids under firm discipline would need armed officers?!??!?!?!
Perhaps the administrators of Sandy Hook Elementary would think so, yes.   As is their right.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#28    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,655 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostYamato, on 26 December 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Perhaps the administrators of Sandy Hook Elementary would think so, yes.   As is their right.
Have they made any such statement - its only the NRA which has taken such an extreme position - and they can hardly be called impartial.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#29    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,921 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 26 December 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

Have they made any such statement - its only the NRA which has taken such an extreme position - and they can hardly be called impartial.

Br Cornelius
It doesn't matter for the sake of this argument what Sandy Hook intends to do because we have no power to determine that.    They can do whatever they feel is right, and they will pay the market price for doing so.

The NRA are wrong, as Ron Paul explained in the OP.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#30    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,550 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostOrder66, on 25 December 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Well let me re-phrase: He's not opposed to it. In one of the Republican debates he basically asked: Why shouldn't Iran be allowed to have nukes in order to defend itself against Israel? Yet apparently we in the US shouldn't be allowed to defend our school children from crazed gunmen.

We're going slightly off topic, but Ron Paul thinks that Iran has the same right as Israel to develop and possess nuclear weapons.

Despite your rephrased claim, he does not favor GIVING such weapons to them.

I too think that Iran should be able to enter the nuclear club of the world, though if I get to ask Santa Claus, I wish that NOBODY had nuclear weapons.

If Israel and its trigger happy government can have them, why not Iran, who has invaded nobody?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users