Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update progress

Saru

I think it's worth noting that a lot of these things aren't bugs, it's a rich text editor we are using so for example when you copy text from another source it's going to copy the font and styling as well. It might not always be desired, but it's happening because the editor is designed to do that, not because it is broken.

Can you show me a post in which you are experiencing this issue ?

I can't because I always edit tilI I choke.

I don't give up that easily, lol.

Dear Saru

Can I freeze my "likes" if or when it reaches 666?

El

(aka Satan)

• Like 3

Nope, you can't stop other members from liking more of your posts.

• Like 3

Nope, you can't stop other members from liking more of your posts.

Maybe there is an option for 'dislikes'?

Then we all can compensate the 'likes' he received, lol.

Just kidding, Eldorado.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

What he said ^ ^ ^

'Twould be lovely to have private chat.

• Like 1

Seeing as this the new Suggestion Box.

Live executions every Monday & Wednesday lunchtime would certainly brighten up the week. In my opinion.

El.

• Like 3

What about a "I think I like this post-no wait I don't like it-then maybe I do" button ?? That would be great. then again maybe not. Or maybe....

• Like 3

How about a little Pinocchio Button in the bottom corner of each post? If you think the post is BS, you click Pinochio and his nose grows a little bit. The more clicks, the longer Pinocchio's nose and a reasonable indication that the aforementioned post is, in all likelihood, BS.

El.

Edit: I can now foresee how this function may be abused though so best just forget it.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

How about a little Pinocchio Button in the bottom corner of each post? If you think the post is BS, you click Pinochio and his nose grows a little bit. The more clicks, the longer Pinocchio's nose and a reasonable indication that the aforementioned post is, in all likelihood, BS.

I actually think it's a great idea. :)

• Like 4

I actually think it's a great idea. :)

s2025.gif

"So do I, jimminy."

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

What's the deal with being redirected to my profile page after making a comment in the status updates, with the nice flash bar telling me that I have replied to a status? I know I replied, I was there when it happened. :)

It doesn't happen every time so it begs the question, why? (sorry if you've dealt with this before. I have searched before asking)

El

Make sure you have Javascript enabled in your browser, the statuses use AJAX so that the page doesn't need to be refreshed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you have Javascript enabled in your browser, the statuses use AJAX so that the page doesn't need to be refreshed.

It was my Flash auto-updater that was causing it on IE8 & XP. No such problems with Firefox or IE9 & Windows 7. Thanks. :)

No problem, it's good to hear that you got to the bottom of it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question: Do you perform maintenance at about 8 GMT (or 10:00 my time)? Because the connection slows down to a crawl and mostly times out then.

Yes, there is a maintenance cycle every day at around that time.

• 1 month later...

To be really honest, I have never come across any problems using UM :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. One small point; I notice that some of the Smilies have been changed. I'm slightly disappointed that 'unsure2' has been changed from the eyes glancing suspiciously from side to side (a very eloquent one, that, I thought) to :unsure2: , which looks a bit cross eyed.

:unsure2:

Everyone's favourite uncertain emoticon has now been restored to its former sideways glancing glory. :P

Wasn't this emoticon animated before? I seem to recall that it would glance left and right, but now it is just static. Or am I just a bit too heavy on the sauce tonight?

Here's an animated version if you want it...

unsure.gif

• 5 months later...

... anyone else's small case o look weird on the site? ... seems to be mostly in the quote [boxes]

I'll use this as a test quote box:

No problem, it's good to hear that you got to the bottom of it. :)

whoops, i didn't realize that my post above..posted. It cleared up.. it only happened on that one page/window this morning ... weird glitch i guess ¿?¿ Thanks anyway !

I seem to have no way to turn on smilies or italics or anything of that sort.

In the help screen it says to activate it in one's profile, but where?

Toggle the little light switch icon at the top left hand corner of the editor.

• The topic was locked