Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#46    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hodor.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#47    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

rob stark is my favourite.

Spoiler

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#48    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 29 March 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hodor.
lol

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

OH YEAH !!!!
http://tv.yahoo.com/...-231647532.html

Miss me?

#50    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

For your pleasure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:)

#51    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

You can see its taken bits of the European map

#52    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 30 March 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

You can see its taken bits of the European map

Aye, there are definitely similarities to earth.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 30 March 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#53    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Interesting, though not exactly earth shattering news. Interesting comments below the main article.
http://gameofthrones...inish_the_books

#54    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 30 March 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Interesting, though not exactly earth shattering news. Interesting comments below the main article.
It would be a great shame if they tried to bring the show out before the books. As good as the show is, I'd personally take the books every time!

Though as I said before, I'm just hoping GRRM remains on this mortal coil long enough to finish his masterpiece.

Posted Image

#55    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,762 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 30 March 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

I wonder if the speed of the show is playing on GRRM's mind?  Considering how long it took for the last book to come out, perhaps the fact that he's running on a timetable now will force him to speed things up a little? I wouldn't be opposed to that, the length of time between books was what put me off the series in the first place (my interest has been rekindled since the series first came out, and so re-reading the books, I've forgotten almost everything I read when I was in High School).

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#56    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 30 March 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

I wonder if the speed of the show is playing on GRRM's mind?  Considering how long it took for the last book to come out, perhaps the fact that he's running on a timetable now will force him to speed things up a little? I wouldn't be opposed to that, the length of time between books was what put me off the series in the first place (my interest has been rekindled since the series first came out, and so re-reading the books, I've forgotten almost everything I read when I was in High School).
I could see the show beginning to dictate the pace of the books, but it would not be good if the show took precedence and Martin altered things to fit TV agendas. This situation is similar to Harry Potter, but without the benefit of Martin being Rowlings age and good health......Hmm, and perhaps iron will to control her creation.

#57    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 30 March 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

I think if death threats and all the abuse he got for writing other things and not concentrating on aSoIaF didn't speed him up, the HBO show won't...

Posted Image

#58    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 30 March 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

It would be a great shame if they tried to bring the show out before the books. As good as the show is, I'd personally take the books every time!

Though as I said before, I'm just hoping GRRM remains on this mortal coil long enough to finish his masterpiece.
Yes, and the "film set" in our minds is still the best at creating the scenes. It is still an amazing thing how our eyes see print and then our minds create a fantastic 3D world.

#59    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I have to say guys. For the first time ever “Easter Sunday actually is something to look forward to.”

Season finale of The Walking Dead & the start of season 3 of ‘Game of Thrones’ and I used to think Easter was just about chocolate.

I saved  S2 episode 10.. for tonight so I had continuity for season 3 tomorrow. What the hell were those Zombie type dead army at the end of episode 10.  That poor Samwell guy.. I liked him

Pumped and ready for S3..

Hard to believe just over a week ago, I hadn’t heard of “Game of Thrones” until Paranoid Android mentioned it. :tu:

Quick question: the language Khaleesi speaks.. is that a real language or one made up like the Klingon language?

Posted Image

#60    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

The writer's made it up, like Klingon.

Btw, you got an Xbox, xsas? If you have, The Walking Dead game ep 1 (of five episodes) is free to download. With the other 4 available for £10. Offer ends in a day or two though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users