Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iraqi Leader Threatened

Fluffybunny

I think that death threats would have to be pretty much a given to any new leader of Iraq, I wonder if he was even surprised when he heard the news...By now he is probably muttering to himself: "If I had a dime for every death threat... rolleyes.gif "

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraq's interim prime minister has received a public death threat in an ominous recording believed to be made by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the insurgent blamed for attacks against U.S. forces and Iraqi civilians.

The threat is on an audiotape playing on a Web site that has previously aired statements and video from Zarqawi's terrorist group.

CNN experts believe the voice on the tape to be that of Zarqawi, although the CIA has not yet authenticated the tape.

The voice on the tape threatens to continue attacks against coalition troops, Iraqi security forces and the interim Iraqi government, and threatens to kill Interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi.

"As for you Allawi, the supposedly democratically elected prime minister, we have prepared something very special for you," the voice on the tape said.

"We have prepared a special poison for you and a sharp sword and we have filled a glass for you and we have filled a glass with death especially for you.

"You don't even know how you have repeatedly escaped from our many attempts, but we promise you we will continue the match with you until the end," the voice said.

The message also referred to the assassination last month of Izzedine Salim, head of the now-disbanded Iraqi Governing Council. The Zarqawi network is blamed for that killing.

"We won't stop until we make you drink from the same glass that Izeddine Salim drank from or until we die," the voice on the tape said.

Link

user posted image

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blood Angel

• Fluffybunny

• Babs

• doomgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe they will die.

Zarqawi? I thought they killed him! how many times has he died now? >_>

I am so sad about the Korean that was held in a hostage by Iraqis! He was innocent! T----T