Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Memories are not my own...

James Light

Before I say anything.. If I am psychic is there a way I can like.. make my abilities turn on?

Read the rest before you comment:

This is the only place I could think to ask this...

Lately i've been having memories that aren't mine and hasn't happened yet...

Scenario 1: I have a strong memory of a girl getting raped. She's wearing a blue hoodie and skin-tight blue jeans that is ripped a little near the crotch. A white male with a buzz cut walks up to her (They are in a school bench area near a baseball field. She trips and falls and dies by hitting her head on a rock.

Scenario 2: When I shook hands with a man I met at the super market, I saw him having an argument with his Asian wife and him driving away angrily in his car. It was a silver benz and the odd part is I don't recall seeing him exit his car.. When I was leaving the super market behold! a benz is what he drove.

Scenario 3: I was with my girlfriend and I kissed her. The moment I kissed her I had a memory of us entering a train station and the doors opening.. From inside a man opened fire and it hit her right in the chest. He smiled and laughed as he exited.

Before you post take this into account:

When I "saw" things it's like I had a memory I didn't have before and it wasn't my memory... It's like it happened and I could recall it but I didn't.

I can not "see" things on cue.

I remember every little detail about each thing. Like I could play through it again in my mind...

Any type of comment would be helpful, but please keep the trolling to a minimum.

Thanks Bunches,

James.

I'm also worried.. But is it true if I can see the future it won't happen because I saw it...?

I call them premonitions, I've had several, I am seeing something happen that hasn't happened yet. Many of my premonitons have come true just like I saw it. Sometimes what we are seeing doesn't tell the whole story and can be misleading then other times they are just like what I saw. I think you can change them if you can get the full picture but it can be hard.

I don't consider myself physic because it can be hard to do this on que. As a matter of fact these last couple of years I have been having problems with having one. Its like I'm blocked, think its stress related because in the past I would like daydream and they would just come. It can be frustrating, try not to worry about it.

Scenario 1: I have a strong memory of a girl getting raped. She's wearing a blue hoodie and skin-tight blue jeans that is ripped a little near the crotch. A white male with a buzz cut walks up to her (They are in a school bench area near a baseball field. She trips and falls and dies by hitting her head on a rock.

I am sure that this has happened many times in history, exactly as you described. There is nothing psychic about this.
Scenario 2: When I shook hands with a man I met at the super market, I saw him having an argument with his Asian wife and him driving away angrily in his car. It was a silver benz and the odd part is I don't recall seeing him exit his car.. When I was leaving the super market behold! a benz is what he drove.

You remember more than what you think. Your subconscious is aware of much more than your conscious is. It records everything. Your subconscious memorized this man as you walked into the super market, even if you were not consciously aware of it.

Scenario 3: I was with my girlfriend and I kissed her. The moment I kissed her I had a memory of us entering a train station and the doors opening.. From inside a man opened fire and it hit her right in the chest. He smiled and laughed as he exited.

The mind is very imaginative. It can conjure extremely vivid mental imagery.

I'm guessing you're young/early 20's, in which case it is your imagination growing and maturing ........ it's a phase, it'll pass.

That's all very enlightening opinions.

I'm still curious as to why it feels like memories that I have.. but it's not like a movie... it's like.. It just happened.

Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.

• Like 1

As enlightening as some of these answers appear to sound, they are all as good a guess as any. But chalking your experiences up to the all encompassing word "subconscious" when it doesn't even really apply in your case (as it sounds like you hadn't me the man before), and saying the mind is powerful is the most shoddy explanation here., as it's not attempting to explain anything, as much as discount with vague tidbits.

I'll throw my slightly uneducated 2 cents in, and say that our bodies are made like a well oiled machine to do what they do right. Our brain is not excluded from this grouping of parts. This leads me to think there could be an important reason things like this are happening to you. But none of us can tell you what that reason is. I think that's something you might be able to figure out on your own, in time. The mind is such an amazing place inside, if you try to embrace its quirks and dive into them to look around personally. But don't just discredit these things because someone gives a reply like Alienated Being. Don't ignore your mind!

• Like 5

If you are asking if psychic/telepathic impressions work like having memories that you know don't belong to you, then the answer is yes, yes it does work like that.

As enlightening as some of these answers appear to sound, they are all as good a guess as any. But chalking your experiences up to the all encompassing word "subconscious" when it doesn't even really apply in your case (as it sounds like you hadn't me the man before), and saying the mind is powerful is the most shoddy explanation here., as it's not attempting to explain anything, as much as discount with vague tidbits.

It most certainly does apply to this case. The subconscious records literally EVERYTHING - it remembers every breath you take, the smallest detail to one's face, etc. There was a case where a woman could literally "zoom in" to the license plate that belonged to the car during hypnotic regression...

What I am saying is that his subconscious was more-than-likely aware of EVERYBODY in the parking lot as he walked into the super market, that was within his field of vision. Accompany that with an overactive imagination, and you will delude yourself into thinking it is any form of psychic ability.

I think people need to stop giving him answers that he wants to hear, and give him the answers that are most likely the correct ones, and the most logical.

Alienated Being's answers apply in many but not all cases. If this were a one-off incident then that could explain it all away but many who have continued experiences know themsleves better than a skeptic wishing to explain everything away with such standard answers they believe apply in all cases. While it is worthwhile to consider all options the smugness and insistence of many skeptics that they are right and no other explanations exist should be dismissed.

Even if their explanation for phenomena is correct skeptics fail to understand that others who interpret and give meaning to their experience is also important and cannot be ignored. A skeptic is free to choose the reductionist approach for themselves but often forcefully extend it toward others dishonoring both individuals who choose other approaches and even whole cultures who give meaning to some of these processes such as cultures who believe in the power of prayer or of faith healing.

Likewise many believers do the same so certain they have psychic powers. I suspect that many experienced believers of various phenomena have altered mental architecture.

Even if a vision is due to temporal lobe epilispesy it can still have meaning.

Where I disagree with some fellow believers is when they choose to give meaning to their experience but do not take responsibility. Interpret your experience as a gift if you desire but be responsible with that gift.

I have seen a psychic tell another on this forum that the child they believed was kidnapped is dead and how they saw it all unfold. That is something one should keep to themselves.

This even happened in my city where a woman went missing after a night class at one of the unis in town. A psychic was consulted or volunteered her services and claimed they saw her get kidnapped and even described the suspect. It turned out the missing woman just was sick of responsibility and decided to skip town without telling her worried family. You can guess how the psychic's information did not help but harmed them.

I would also be concered if I was having such violent visions. The difference between someone seeing spirits, fairies, or the goddess and others seeing such violent visions might have to do with what they are feeding their mind overall. My guess is that the OP has a diet of CSI or some other type of violent-crime programs or just dwells on these topics so they bubble up. Maybe they don't but just have a fear or strong relation to such events that they try and supress. Whatever, it does not seem healthy.

Ultimately is it for the experiencer to decide what meaning their experience has. The fellow believer and skeptic can offer a variety of suggestions but it is up to the individual to decide what meaning if any their experience has. It is also up to them to decide what information they will even consider to begin with. Anyone is free to dismiss what they do not want and they should not be condemned for how they give meaning to their life, experiences, and world.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit
  • Like 1

Hi James,

These experiences that you describe are valid insights into past events and future potentials. Things like this can not be turned on and off like a switch. Yes you can evolve your intuitive insights and you can learn to influence potential outcomes, however the way you do that is not what you would logicall think it is.

There is a lot to learn about subjects like this if you wish to discover the greater reality. May I suggest that this book could help you with that.

http://diannecollins.com/

Quantum Thinking is a shift in perception and perspective about the subject which you have described. It does bring to light the science for these things, that is if you are actually willing to consider those facts and the ancient spiritual teachings that have been lost in our current culture.

I do hope that you find this information useful.

John

I want to make this clear.

I want an explanation for all these events and they happened again with different things... Besides that I am not claiming to be psychic.. If that's what this is.. Then I'd just like I know. I need some clarity.

You have most likely received the full range of varied responses offered here on U-M. Hundreds of times a year these same questions are posed and the same answers are given. What do you think so far of your own experiences?

I want to make this clear.

I want an explanation for all these events and they happened again with different things... Besides that I am not claiming to be psychic.. If that's what this is.. Then I'd just like I know. I need some clarity.

If you would like to open the arena further, i suggest you read through the astral projection FAQs thread here http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

Astral projectors and those who use various forms of projecting, remote viewing, remote healing etc, all ready acknowledge that consciousness is not just bound to this level, and that consciousness has levels which doesn't require being physically present to just experience something. So distance and time is irrelevant.

It most certainly does apply to this case. The subconscious records literally EVERYTHING - it remembers every breath you take, the smallest detail to one's face, etc. There was a case where a woman could literally "zoom in" to the license plate that belonged to the car during hypnotic regression...

What I am saying is that his subconscious was more-than-likely aware of EVERYBODY in the parking lot as he walked into the super market, that was within his field of vision. Accompany that with an overactive imagination, and you will delude yourself into thinking it is any form of psychic ability.

I think people need to stop giving him answers that he wants to hear, and give him the answers that are most likely the correct ones, and the most logical.

Proove it ab.. That's quite a claim the EVERYTHING is recorded. I'd like to see a paper on that.

If you would like to open the arena further, i suggest you read through the astral projection FAQs thread here http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

Astral projectors and those who use various forms of projecting, remote viewing, remote healing etc, all ready acknowledge that consciousness is not just bound to this level, and that consciousness has levels which doesn't require being physically present to just experience something. So distance and time is irrelevant.

Yes you will find amoung those that explore these spaces that your experiences are not all that strange or abnormal ;)

Edited by Seeker79