Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Vampires

Zander91

is it possible that vampires exist? to the peasants of old it certainly seemed real enough. a mutilated sheep or pig was blamed on demons of the night. however how has the thought changed with time? in a advanced civilization with advanced science it has been dismissed but should it? there is no visible proof of ever finding a vampire however there are witnesses and carving. nowadays scientist fall on the novel of dracula by bram stroker however was that written in the early 1900's? and legends of vampires have been present since the oldest civilizatins and tribes. from countries all over the world we find carvings and text's about a humanoid demon who can shapeshift and seduce the mind. scientist blame the seducing part on the individual who has yet to explore the deeper sexual side of his/her self. but with a flaw they failed to recognize the people they also have to refer too. people of ancient worlds. i believe that these people did not have casual sex but did only to produce off spring other wise they have no other care for it. also they blame it on the imagination but how can it be that so many tribes in other countries could pinpoint the greatest attributes of a vampire? you simply cannot chalk this up to a coincidence. what if they managed to mingle with the role of modern society? i have more information but if i was to continue i would spend a entire week in here and still not be finished

Edited by silverbullet14

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EtuMalku

• thecreeper

• psyche101

• OldTimeRadio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think the term vampire just means people that dress in black, drink blood and hate garlic and holy water and has pale skin tongue.gif

i know someone that is like that and shes only 12, first time i saw her i got scared lol grin2.gif

Very nice post! I think it is possible that vampires exist. Kinda like dragons every culture has their own dragon. Oh and welcome to UM

I think they could exist.

There is always a grain of truth in every story right? Well, maybe they arent all people say with the garlic, silver, holy items.. blah blah blah.. But i believe there are those out there who are different then we as a human race.

i tell you what i told billy....HELL NO!!

thats not what billy told me...

Not in the sense that Bram Stoker popularized them. There do exist people with an illness that causes them to crave blood and perhaps some have even acted upon that by killing people, but they are not "undead", do not change into bats, are non repulsed by garlic & crosses. They can die like the rest of us.

I fully agree with Earthchick, the concept of some guy sleeping in a coffin and rising at Night to feed from teh blood of humans is a bit too much for me to grasp.

Yeah I believe vampirism is mostly a state of mind not the typical movie stuff. I have a friend who says he is a "vampire" and I know he has drank blood (from willing women, and not alot or anything) and he was into the season changes and such. I don't know if he still believes it all or what. Again I believe it's all just a state of mind not a virus or anything.

and legends of vampires have been present since the oldest civilizatins and tribes. from countries all over the world we find carvings and text's about a humanoid demon who can shapeshift and seduce the mind. scientist blame the seducing part on the individual who has yet to explore the deeper sexual side of his/her self. but with a flaw they failed to recognize the people they also have to refer too. people of ancient worlds. i believe that these people did not have casual sex but did only to produce off spring other wise they have no other care for it.

Hate to break it to you, but the idea that sex is fun in and of itself has been around a lot longer than the idea of sex just for offspring (which is largely a judeo-christian taboo). It is a commonly repeated aspect of the human psyche, world-wide.

also they blame it on the imagination but how can it be that so many tribes in other countries could pinpoint the greatest attributes of a vampire? you simply cannot chalk this up to a coincidence. what if they managed to mingle with the role of modern society? i have more information but if i was to continue i would spend a entire week in here and still not be finished

603161[/snapback]

What greatest attributes? Blood-sucking? What better property to attribute to a monster than the ability to drink blood and eat flesh? That's about as primal as it gets, and it isn't just vampires that do it.

Ultimately, vampires are nothing more than monster cliche often repeated through the ages, with the modern, society-mingling version having been created only a view decades ago. Before that, they looked progressively less and less human.

and legends of vampires have been present since the oldest civilizatins and tribes. from countries all over the world we find carvings and text's about a humanoid demon who can shapeshift and seduce the mind. scientist blame the seducing part on the individual who has yet to explore the deeper sexual side of his/her self. but with a flaw they failed to recognize the people they also have to refer too. people of ancient worlds. i believe that these people did not have casual sex but did only to produce off spring other wise they have no other care for it.

Hate to break it to you, but the idea that sex is fun in and of itself has been around a lot longer than the idea of sex just for offspring (which is largely a judeo-christian taboo). It is a commonly repeated aspect of the human psyche, world-wide.

also they blame it on the imagination but how can it be that so many tribes in other countries could pinpoint the greatest attributes of a vampire? you simply cannot chalk this up to a coincidence. what if they managed to mingle with the role of modern society? i have more information but if i was to continue i would spend a entire week in here and still not be finished

603161[/snapback]

What greatest attributes? Blood-sucking? What better property to attribute to a monster than the ability to drink blood and eat flesh? That's about as primal as it gets, and it isn't just vampires that do it.

Ultimately, vampires are nothing more than monster cliche often repeated through the ages, with the modern, society-mingling version having been created only a view decades ago. Before that, they looked progressively less and less human.

604342[/snapback]

i will not argue with you guys on what is and what is not for i am not one to claim an answer to stuff i know no answer to. however, the greatest attributes of a vampire are not that they drink blood but thier appearance, superiority, powers,. though i myself don't believe that they are in and out of its self unhuman. i believe that there may exist a form of creature ( humanoid in appearance if you will ) that does feast upon the blood of humans. i did not say which i believed. i donnot believe that they are resemblant to humans in any way. i believe that maybe a vampire is the early interpatation of a chupacabra or some form of creature that as the ages past down the story stretched till with the help of Bram Stroker it completely changed. but guessing is about all we are going to be able to do. and the reason for this is that so many legends and myths surround the ' vampire ' that it is impossible to pinpoint how such stories could be started. and in accordance to the people i was referring to ancient people such as the worlds indians and other ancient peoples not to the more advanced humans.

Edited by silverbullet14

There could be some thing that drinks human blood you never know

I know a creature that comes in the night(or day). Feasts on human blood; spreads sickness and slow death by disease wherever it goes, and rightly provokes feelings of revulsion, fear and annoyance.

It's also present almost everywhere..

Give up?

It's a mosquito...

If you want some real inspiration for vampire tales; start there..

Yes, they exsist. But the folklore vampire, which is based in movies and books, does not.

IMO Vampires did (or do?) exist, but not in the sense taht they are monsters, but just normal people who murder, and drink their victims blood (I mean, we have cannibals in the world, right?). And I wouldnt be surprised at all if someone routinely killed, and drained their victims blood to bathe in, because they thought it would help keep them looking young. Im almost positive something like this happened in Rumania to a prince (Prince Vladimir something). When I was younger I had a book about him, but I chucked it in the trast because it hae me the creeps rofl.gif

Just tried googling it, but I couldnt find anything worth posting hmm.gif

I was attacked by a vampire once but luckily I had just ate some garlic and when it smelled my breath it backed away. Then I grabbed my cross necklace and pressed it against its forehead and it howled while its flesh burnt. I grabbed a broken wooden pole and stabbed it through the heart and it melted away... Yeah vampires exist... thumbsup.gif

IMO Vampires did (or do?) exist, but not in the sense taht they are monsters, but just normal people who murder, and drink their victims blood (I mean, we have cannibals in the world, right?). And I wouldnt be surprised at all if someone routinely killed, and drained their victims blood to bathe in, because they thought it would help keep them looking young. Im almost positive something like this happened in Rumania to a prince (Prince Vladimir something). When I was younger I had a book about him, but I chucked it in the trast because it hae me the creeps  rofl.gif

Just tried googling it, but I couldnt find anything worth posting   hmm.gif

608656[/snapback]

i don't know what u mean by IMO vampires but i searched google for real vampires and i got this:

http://www.sanguinarius.org/

.Darkninja you're just making fun of this,real vampires dont fear garlic and won't melt away.

Edited by Bahamut_0

I was attacked by a vampire once but luckily I had just ate some garlic and when it smelled my breath it backed away. Then I grabbed my cross necklace and pressed it against its forehead and it howled while its flesh burnt. I grabbed a broken wooden pole and stabbed it through the heart and it melted away... Yeah vampires exist... 

OF COURSE DARKNINJA

Why didn't i think of that? A small peice of SMOOTH metal, probably cold, that burns vampies heads off! You should really be a slayer!

On a serious note, I believe in vampires, and i'll outline my theorys later with sufficant quotes and evidence. But even if you don't believfe, thats not a good reason to make fun of the believeers

I was attacked by a vampire once but luckily I had just ate some garlic and when it smelled my breath it backed away. Then I grabbed my cross necklace and pressed it against its forehead and it howled while its flesh burnt. I grabbed a broken wooden pole and stabbed it through the heart and it melted away... Yeah vampires exist... 

OF COURSE DARKNINJA

Why didn't i think of that? A small peice of SMOOTH metal, probably cold, that burns vampies heads off! You should really be a slayer!

On a serious note, I believe in vampires, and i'll outline my theorys later with sufficant quotes and evidence. But even if you don't believfe, thats not a good reason to make fun of the believeers

612123[/snapback]

I don't believe in santa

I don't believe in the tooth fairy

I don't believe in vampires

But i'd like to

But I will never ever believe in buffy no matter what anyone says

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

lol. i don't believe in slayers.

Ihope sarah michelle gellar is real though wub.gif

The legend of vampires comes from the black plauge. People when riddled with this disease would show all signs of being dead and would be buried, however they were actually still alive, and would crawl out of their graves causing people to think they were undead. During the time, millions died from the black plauge and bodies were piled in cemeteries. The scent would be so overwhelming that people would wear garlic around their necks because it was the only scent that could mask the awful smell. This is why it was believed garlic warded off vampires. This is where vampires comes from. As far as people drinking blood, so what? That doesn't require skill or supernatural qualities. I could do that. Vampires: Part history, Part fairy-tale.

well if anyone find one! just drive a wooden stake in it heart and cut the head off!

• 2 weeks later...
The legend of vampires comes from the black plauge. People when riddled with this disease would show all signs of being dead and would be buried, however they were actually still alive, and would crawl out of their graves causing people to think they were undead. During the time, millions died from the black plauge and bodies were piled in cemeteries. The scent would be so overwhelming that people would wear garlic around their necks because it was the only scent that could mask the awful smell. This is why it was believed garlic warded off vampires. This is where vampires comes from. As far as people drinking blood, so what? That doesn't require skill or supernatural qualities. I could do that. Vampires: Part history, Part fairy-tale.

621004[/snapback]

...no, sorry but no. the vampire has been around in legend and tale for thousands of years before the black death.Vampire stories have been told for centuries, perhaps for as long as people have told one another stories. Where the first vampires appeared no one knows, no one knows how long they have been apart of our collective unconscious/subconscious. The ancient Hebrews believed that lillith, Adam's wife before Eve, gave birth to demons who devoured thier victims blood. In isaiah 34, Lilith is referred to as a "night monster." The arabs' ghoulsfed on the bodies of the dead. The greeks saw vampires as fiendish monsters covered in blood and blisters, who altered their shape at will and created the illusoin of gold and silver to entice the unwary. Macedonian legends describe hideous flesh-eating lamia who lived in caves and drank blood. In China the chiang-shih preyed both on the living and the recently buried. They were living corpses with talon-like nails and menacing red eyes, were frequently covered with whhite or greenish-white hair, and could fly if they chose.

In the Himalayan kingdoms of Nepal and Tibet, several gods carved on the temple walls display vampire fangs. stories are told of thier drinking the blood of sleeping humans, or feasting on the flesh and bones of the dead A seventeenth-century monk wrote an essay on Greek vampires, the vrykolakas, that was published in Cologne in 1645. He described the Greek vampire the corpse of a man who had done evil in his life to the point he was excommunicated from the church. The body of the vampire does not decompose, he explained; it becomes swollen and distended with blood, the skin leathery and stretched. In contrast, all Malay vampires are female. They are extraordinarily beautiful, distinguished by the green robes they wear, their long,black hair and tapering nails, and their strength, which is equalled to that of twenty men, these vampires are called langsuyar(in malay) like to perch in trees and leap onto the unwary, usually children, with swiftness they cannot be escaped.

there are many contries pre/post the plague that report vampirism in some way or form, and some reports come from places that were no where near the plague ridden europe, and a vampire is not defined as an individual that drinks blood, a vampire is an individual who feeds on the energy via blood, or pure energy from living things,humans/animals/plants. you were right, it takes no skill to drink blood nor does it take supernatural powers, now to take the energy(known as pranic energy or prana) does take some more-than normal atributes, so before you try to use one even in history to disprove the possible existance of a creature, or anything you might want to atleast do a little work to back up your statement, or gain knowlege of what you speak of as i have. i have spent years reading texts/books/scrolls on this subject, and it is a little annoying when this happens. try to have a little respect for the subject and the people who study it by not acting on your own limited knowlege.

Vampires? Zombies? Phooey, IMO.

.. However, people who drink blood for ritual worships probably do exist.

As i read once, fairytales are made to get kids used to the real world, vampires are just that.. fiction, just like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy as Marduk pointed out.

Although Santa was probably based on a real person, but sexed up for story-telling.

There is a theory on Santa though..

Stages of Santa..

1. You believe in Santa.

2. You don't believe in Santa.

2. You ARE Santa.

3. You LOOK like Santa.

You know what? I WANT vampires to exist.

But unfortunately...its a physical impossibility.

Though, idiot goth vampire wannabes who consume blood do exist, unfortunately.