Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31    paperdyer

paperdyer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

If beef is so costly, why is hamburger $4/lb making a quarterpounder $1.25?  Not that expensive.  Now if he can 3D print gasoline....then he'd have something. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

#32    paperdyer

paperdyer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

And another thing.  If we stop eating beef, how many cattle ranchers and farmer will be out of jobs?  For those of you that think farm land is a waste, I feel the same about golf courses.  Wait - all the cattle/farm land can be turned into Golf Courses!  End of waste!

#33    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

My guess is that with all the chemicals in food now, whatever they use won't be any worse for humans than Round-Up ready corn.  I am not a meat consumer anyway, so it won't make a difference.  I won't eat faux meat either.

#34    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

I am willing to bet that this stuff wont have the same quality protein or ammino acids,Just because it taste and looks like beef doesnt mean it's beef!Knowing they can just put cheap gelatin protein in it and still be able to lable it "high in protein" without most of the masses knowing it is far inferior will just make their greedy little day.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#35    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Postpaperdyer, on 13 February 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

If beef is so costly, why is hamburger $4/lb making a quarterpounder $1.25?  Not that expensive.  Now if he can 3D print gasoline....then he'd have something. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I dunno if the beef in that quarterpounder is 100% actual, real beef man. Could be ripping us off far more than just a quarter. In terms of the health impact, that McD's quarterpounder will clog up your arteries and God knows what else. Sure does taste good though! :yes:

Edited by WoIverine, 13 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#36    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Agreed wolverine,i usually only eat burgers that i make myself out of ground sirloin!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#37    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 13 February 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Agreed wolverine,i usually only eat burgers that i make myself out of ground sirloin!

Yeah man, those are the best! My dad grills a mean bacon burger, so much better than fast food joints.

#38    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

I usually cut up small pieces of bacon,onion,and garlic to mix in with mine.Kick Ass!!!

#39    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,156 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 13 February 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

I dunno if the beef in that quarterpounder is 100% actual, real beef man. Could be ripping us off far more than just a quarter. In terms of the health impact, that McD's quarterpounder will clog up your arteries and God knows what else. Sure does taste good though! :yes:

Back in the day(70's and 80's) when I was growing-up, I REALLY loved Burger King Whoppers. YUM !!!!! And McDonalds Big Mac's !!

In the last 2 decades they changed. Cheaper and cheaper ingredients
Their whopper used to be massive, juicy, lot's of ingredients and very filling.

Same for their croissant breakfast sandwiches. They used to use real croissants, now it's just cheap frozen bread heated and just looks like a croissant.
From the bread to the meats, they really degraded their quality to keep up with profits.

How I miss those day's of great-tasting fast food.

Edited by pallidin, 13 February 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#40    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,230 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

It can't be any worse than the mystery meat (gristle) in White Castle burgers.

A large cattle ranch is no fun to live near.  The odor spreads for at least a mile away.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#41    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 12 February 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

http://www.geek.com/...-over-20130212/

If 3D printed meat could one day (hopefully soon) become an economically viable and tasty alternative to the real thing, humanity will have taken a massive leap forward. I hope for this day to come soon.

So long as theres no horse in it I'd eat the thing.

#42    Rynald77

Rynald77

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

maybe yes, maybe no. it depends on the situation, if the food can only be printed I'll probably eat that

#43    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

This is insane...

Do you reckon they could do chooclate?

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#44    bloodworld

bloodworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

What about Jesus ? They should try it from the Jesus's shroud and see what happen :O

#45    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postbloodworld, on 14 February 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

What about Jesus ? They should try it from the Jesus's shroud and see what happen :o

Anti-christ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users