Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Diary

Mystify

Now here's another good one. I've been reading off this site about the "haunted Diary". Seems there is this woman who moved into a haunted house and decided to document all the things that happen. Is it fact or fiction? Please give opinion.... sounds pretty spooky to me

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.angelfire.com/realm/haunteddiary/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystify

• Dakoda

• Loonboy

• Tommy

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting indeed - as you say, I hope it's genuine, because if it is then it's one of the best documented haunting accounts I've ever seen.

Fascinating stuff.

Dakoda,

The woman on the site claimed that the letters that she received went missing when she went to scan them in. I'm not sure whether this could be considerered a little bit convenient, but anyway she hasn't yet scanned them because she can't find them, although she says she hopes they will turn up again.

Well (call me a cynic) but it all smacks of hoax. image

Doesn't it seem convenient that: this woman started a net diary expecting to witness hauntings, and hey presto a haunting kicks off more spectacular than the Amityville case?

Doesn't it seem a coincidence that: she has faceless ghosts until she researches the history of the house and then the ghost becomes a character from that history?

Doesn't it seem peculair that: she calls a ghost 'Alfie' only to find out that the character the ghost becomes is also 'Alfred'?

And the list goes on...

Bogus.image

Especially considering the multitude of ghost webcams out there for so long in the most haunted locations known and nothing conclusive...

And I don't want to sound nasty, but it sounds to me like this woman wanted more attention than she was getting and developed this ruse to fulfil her needs...

I Have to agree with all of you that it does sound far fetched considering all the stuff you mentioned Loonboy. Mind you she moved into the house only to find out a couple weeks before (approx) that it was haunted and then decided she would test everyones theories. None the less... I am intrested in finding out how it will turn out. Another thing.... some of the letters she got were just scribbles with red ink or red crayon.... well it was red scribbles anyways... which sounds a little odd. If she can provide the letters for us to see and eventually finds them....well... We'll have to see.

As well I am very intrested in knowing what the key she found in the basement is for. It must tie in...

All in all it is a good "story" if not real. There's a discussion forum up that I haven't checked out yet and will do that today.

I found these pics...unrelated to the diary...but kinda cool. Notice the last shot if the ghostly figure....he has a shadow. spooky.

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.angelfire.com/realm/haunteddiary/

The site unfortunetly doesn't direct us to the pics you want us to see, mystify (itgoes to the site of the diary). I discovered this myself when I tried to post a pic from the same site in the general discussion board to get people's opinions on it. The pic I was trying to show was called "To believe or not to believe" and in case your familiar with it, can you give me your opinion on it?

Thanks Dakoda...

I should have checked the link first I guess. But I guess to anyone wanting to see it they can just surf the site a bit.

As well... i just checked out the Diary site again and it seams the lady running the place finally set up a web cam. It definately adds to the credability from my point of view even though it's just a shot of an old room. :)(:

I agree... that is too bad. I think I will send her an email and recommend that idea....I haven't seen anything yet. You?

I haven't seen anything either, I don't think anyone will--from the spot in which her cam is. Hopefully she'll consider your suggestion about moving it to a better, more open space. :)

imageDakoda

Dakoda,

Here is a link to the ghost photograph you mention along with various explanations as to its authenticity;

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/aug01/ohmy.html

Mystify, this link will take anyone interested to the ghoststudy.com picture gallery without having to go through the haunted diary website,

http://www.ghoststudy.com/gallery.html

PW  :)

What an interesting read.

Perhaps someone should suggest putting in a microphone as well because it sounds like there are many footstep occurrences.  :s9 I think the camera looks fine. You say it points to a small corner, but the room doesn’t look that big anyways.

Is that a TV in the corner? Looks unplugged to me.  :s4 Oh well, it will be interesting to see how this story will develop.

PW, that picture is pretty freaky if you ask me.

Tommy

hi guys, i went the website mentioned and it looks and seems fake to me,i am wondering why she put the cam in th room,since most of her diary is focused on the tv in the living room turning on,and a basement door that slams all the time.i think she should have placed the camara in the basement of a more general room. and if she is so scared now, why did she move into the house, when she clearly said that the reason she moved in was because she knew it was haunted?thanxs!

C.

PW,

Thanx, that's the photo! Well, I got my answer anyway, it seems that the photo had just been copied and pasted from an original photograph--that was clearly stated in the article. Thanx again.

Tommy,

Maybe you should suggest the microphone idea in the discussion forum, sounds good to me. But I do think that if the cam had more of the room in visibility, it would be a lot more helpful at spotting "things" that might occur, IF they occur.

c.doga,

First of all, I don't think "she" is yet able to gather up the courage to go down to the basement, I mean... if you lived in a haunted house with a poltergeist focused that specific room, wouldn't you? Second, putting up the cam in a more general room may not be a good idea either (unless your looking for less ghost activity) because Alfie, as was mentioned, has more to do with the basement and spare room--which means that all, or more will occur there.

And as "she" also mentioned, the house was at a bargain price, (she also only found out that it was haunted AFTER her first viewing, and still, half a hundred grand for a massive house really isn't too bad) and she would also have the benefit of opening up a site which has become fairly popular, and has the ability of experiencing what a haunting REALLY feels like. I think that sums it all up.

P.S. Hey Pinball, I've been wondering for a while now, you're always clearing things up, bringing a lot of useful information and answers into the light, why don't you register for the forum?

imageDakoda

What ever it is... Yesterdays post just made it a whole lot better... or worse. Either way I really enjoyed reading what I read so far. If any of it is true... it would make for the biggest documented haunting story ever. I'm thinking of sending the site to a couple debunkers to see if they can really get down to the bottom of it(just in case).

Seems that yesterday the owner of the house had friends over to either prove or disprove to them that their were ghosts really living there. They decided to bring out a Ouija Board with them to help.( After many warnings) Seems like (if at all true) that it really opened up a couple doors.

So far they spoke to Alfies "dead" father John who said he was there to try to prove his innocence that it wasn't him that Killed his son but that Satan possessed his son and killed him. Then Alfie spoke and said he was their to make peace because he had all this inner pain from Satan possessing him. Then  of course.....Satan came on the Board and told them all that they were not welcome, specifacally the Lady living there, and that she would soon find out why. Alfie also said something about being "trapped under ground".

All I can say is that I truly hope this is Authentic...but no longer really care as it was and still is an enjoyable story. If it does some how prove to be true....well... all the better.

I must say I could easily see people being skeptic.... why not...I mean were dealing with ghosts... But there's no way I'm going to shun out the possiblity of it being true.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Bogus.

A sceance? On Halloween? Communicating with two ghosts and the Devil himself?

There is no such thing as 'Satan', only evildoers in human form.

This site is either totally fabricated or exaggerated beyond credibility.

That's a good point Loon...

SATAN... goes by many names... I doubt that he would actually say he is "satan" or use that specific name... but ... I wouldn't know.. I never met the guy :)

Some one did post a little bit of skeptisism on the forum she put up... and I am intrested in seeing what the response will be.

Unfortunately, "Haunted Diary" deleted all skeptical posts. I wrote her a long letter anyway (I was pretty p***ed off), but I don't really know if it will make any difference. In it I added several posts mentioning certain doubts about her diary entries. This is what I wrote:

Earlier, "Anonymous" wrote about his point of view on the whole "Haunted House" matter. People are really starting to become skeptical about it. Haunted Diary, I'm sorry, but if you think that by deleting his post, and those of who agreed with him on that matter, only shows what a coward you are. I still enjoy reading your every day diary entries whether you are telling the truth or not. But this has gotten way too suspicious. First of all, giving a little bit of vague info about yourself, such as what your first name is, or what time zone you're in, cannot possibly lead to anyone invading your privacy. That makes you seem very paranoid, and if you ARE paranoid, then nothing would lead me to believe that you would've had the courage to move into a house that you were aware of being haunted. The photograph of your "ghostie" from the cam, you even quoted yourself in the gallery that it looked more like a pattern from the wallpaper of window curtains. I myself, did not see anything in the form of a ghost. And sure, the cam gives SOME proof, but I could say my house was haunted, and put up a live cam in my bedroom. What about that woman who's psychic boyfriend had a fit or a "vision" (whatever) after seeing the picture that your cam displays? Well, you have as little proof of that actually being true as we skeptics do of YOUR story. I think it's more than just a coincidence that all of your diary entries seem to "click" together and make a perfect story of a haunting. How did I run into your website? It was recommend by someone in my discussion forum about the unexplained (you can visit it if you'd like--http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl). So far, it's made quite a hot topic. Here are what some other skeptics wrote about your diary:

Well (call me a cynic) but it all smacks of hoax.

Doesn't it seem convenient that: this woman started a net diary expecting to witness hauntings, and hey presto a haunting kicks off more spectacular than the Amityville case?

Doesn't it seem a coincidence that: she has faceless ghosts until she researches the history of the house and then the ghost becomes a character from that history?

Doesn't it seem peculiar that: she calls a ghost 'Alfie' only to find out that the character the ghost becomes is also 'Alfred'? And the list goes on...

Bogus.

Especially considering the multitude of ghost webcams out there for so long in the most haunted locations known and nothing conclusive...

And I don't want to sound nasty, but it sounds to me like this woman wanted more attention than she was getting and developed this ruse to fulfill her needs...

Here's another one:

I just want to say what I think of the site in one word...

Fake.

And another one:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Bogus.

A science? On Halloween? Communicating with two ghosts and the Devil himself?

There is no such thing as 'Satan', only evildoers in human form.

This site is either totally fabricated or exaggerated beyond credibility.

You can even look these posts up. Their in the "Ghosts, Hauntings& The Paranormal" section under "Ghost Diary."

Hell, even sign up for the forum if you'd like.

Now I know that even though you haven't given us the proof that would actually make us believe that what you say is real, I can't jump to any immediate conclusions. Only YOU know if you're lying or not, but you can lie about that, too, and if you are, then take my advice--please spare the bullsh*t.

And hopefully, we'll soon be able to find out whether her claims are actually true--if they aren't she won't give in that easy.

:-* Dakoda