Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living in between dimensions or realities

PNewman

This has been a life long thing for me; I can remember me first noticing something amidst from quite young age. Let me explain to you in which the world I live.

I remember it was a winter day and my Mom was putting on my snowsuit for school. I looked down at my jacket and noticed the string attached to my zipper was different. Normally it was a little wooden whale but now it was a bright red streamer with a ball attached. I asked my Mother why she changed it, and she "I didn't, it was always like this".

Now normally I would agree maybe I just mistaken, but a few days later it was the little wooden whale again. Once again I asked my Mother and I got the same answer "It was always like this".

For the next 5 years I owned that jacket, I never knew day to day which zipper I was going to get. It is just not limited to that. I would noticed buildings I have never seen before, the next day the building will be gone, the day after it will be there again.

The sign that tells you my town’s population was always different; sometimes it would say 6127 and others 6294. I would leave town and it would be one, come back and it would be another. The next day I would leave down again and it would be back to the first number.

It is not only that, there are slight changes. Movies that exist in one world and not another, celebrities that are alive in one but not another. Paul Newman died in 1998 (Hence my name), I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. I was in a furniture store looking at a new sofa when I heard a woman upset in the backroom. When I went to look they were watching a CNN with the headline "Paul Newman died of a heart attack this afternoon".

I thought about it no more until Cars came out, I brought my son to see it. Imagine my dismay when I saw Paul Newman's name in the credits. To continue this, in my world James Dean died in a plane crash not a car crash.

I can list more to the brand of soap I use in the shower changing day to day, to which way I have to turn my facet to get hot water changing.

I have experimented with putting a number on my calculator than writing it down on a piece of paper. I would leave the number on my calculator overnight then check the paper in the morning, quite often the numbers would be different even though it would be impossible.

I'm not asking anyone to believe me, but if anyone has had any of the same experiences please share them with me, so I know I'm not alone in this.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm not going to call you crazy - because then I'd have to call myself crazy as well. (Maybe we are??)

True situations I've been in:

I grew up next door w/a kid that became a good friend. We were not "best friends" - but ya good friends. This was Jr High and Sr. High 11th Grade. He then moved w/his family to Colorado - where his dad got a coaching job in Football.

Forward into time - 10 years. I met L.B. at a local shopping mall. I was honestly surprised and ran up to him and asked him how things were going, when he got back to Washington and so on.

He just looked at me, like who the hell are you?? In fact he asked, "Who are you and how do you know me??" I was taken back. I was a bit shocked and looked at him and told him my name, where we lived together, the name of his brother and 3 sisters and dad and mom. Even their dog's name. He just looked at me and asked, "how the hell do you know that stuff? I've never lived at the address you mentioned." He was not joking, in fact he was looking for security guard to have me removed. What happened, I'm not sure - but the events that we grew up w/next door to each other - NEVER HAPPENED as far as he was concerned. He never even lived there. He would only tell me that he lived in the Seattle area close to where his dad coached the football team. They had never moved to Colorado because and this was curious - he was turned down for that jbo. He also wanted to know how I knew that!

Another good friend, gal married a guy just out of law school and was a lawyer for a major firm that basically as he would say, "Fought for the underdog and those that couldn't afford good lawyers..." He was/is a great guy. I even had the chance of helping him on a couple of cases. Then we lost contact for a about a year and got caught up. This is where it got strange. He was no longer a lawyer nor was he ever a lawyer. He was an English Teacher at a High School. He had thought about being a lawyer but chose not to because he thought they were crooks and didn't want to be a crook. I researched the 3 cases I helped him on that he won. Those cases were lost 'now'.

There are several other similar type cases where A. Happened then A. Never happened - even though I can give 'play by play', with times, dates, names you name it. All "gone" - never happened.

Do I have answers for these situations: No - not a clue. But I can recall and tell you details after details of life events that now - never happened.

• Like 1

This has been a life long thing for me; I can remember me first noticing something amidst from quite young age. Let me explain to you in which the world I live.

I remember it was a winter day and my Mom was putting on my snowsuit for school. I looked down at my jacket and noticed the string attached to my zipper was different. Normally it was a little wooden whale but now it was a bright red streamer with a ball attached. I asked my Mother why she changed it, and she "I didn't, it was always like this".

Now normally I would agree maybe I just mistaken, but a few days later it was the little wooden whale again. Once again I asked my Mother and I got the same answer "It was always like this".

For the next 5 years I owned that jacket, I never knew day to day which zipper I was going to get. It is just not limited to that. I would noticed buildings I have never seen before, the next day the building will be gone, the day after it will be there again.

The sign that tells you my town’s population was always different; sometimes it would say 6127 and others 6294. I would leave town and it would be one, come back and it would be another. The next day I would leave down again and it would be back to the first number.

It is not only that, there are slight changes. Movies that exist in one world and not another, celebrities that are alive in one but not another. Paul Newman died in 1998 (Hence my name), I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. I was in a furniture store looking at a new sofa when I heard a woman upset in the backroom. When I went to look they were watching a CNN with the headline "Paul Newman died of a heart attack this afternoon".

I thought about it no more until Cars came out, I brought my son to see it. Imagine my dismay when I saw Paul Newman's name in the credits. To continue this, in my world James Dean died in a plane crash not a car crash.

I can list more to the brand of soap I use in the shower changing day to day, to which way I have to turn my facet to get hot water changing.

I have experimented with putting a number on my calculator than writing it down on a piece of paper. I would leave the number on my calculator overnight then check the paper in the morning, quite often the numbers would be different even though it would be impossible.

I'm not asking anyone to believe me, but if anyone has had any of the same experiences please share them with me, so I know I'm not alone in this.

That is AMAZING... seriously, im astounded... Allright ill try to explain what i think it might be :)

This might be a very severe case of micro-telekinesis where you effect the probability of things occuring around you. Now to effect the probability of something you have to be aware of a possible result in the future. Now the reason no1 else would be able to notice when something "changes" is because they were never aware of any other possible possibility in the future. It might just be that what you are explaining now IS happening to each of us all of the time but we arent aware of any other direct possible outcomes of something so we don't take notice to them. Thats kinda strange, coz if this is true it means that ur mind is able to subconciously leave body and move freely forwards (maybe backwards?) in the 4th dimension and subconciously observe things which aren't set in stone by the laws that govern this universe. Like, the simple act of observing subatomic particles cause them to break down from waves of pobability into something which is definite when directly observed. If what your saying is true you have quite an ability dude... Observing higher dimensions above our own is an amazing feat. Similiarly, the act of observing will make you aware of something different which might happen, and therefore if something else happens ul notice it instantly in the NOW of the 4th dimension. Your basically subconciously observing the 3rd dimension like we observe the 2nd dimension. HOW tho? Seriously, i dont even know HOW, who knows what our brain does when its bored -.-

Edited by PsiSeeker

You know, I have to say, that I am one lazy so-and-so and if I click on a topic with a "starting" posting more than two lines I tend to click back off it (well maybe a few more than two lines lol). However, I was absolutely fascinated with both PNewman and Jjbreen's postings.

The only little thing (and it is NOTHING like your two experiences) I have had was when on Honeymoon, my husband and I went out one night, when we came back I slipped over and banged my head very hard on the tiled floor. I remember thinking "I am going to die". However, in the next minute I awoke, it was morning and I was in bed.

My husband said I had not slipped over and neither had he put me to bed.

Your two experiences were extremely interesting (you got any more?)

• Like 1

I also thought both stories were very interesting.

I know I have dreams about parallel realities. For example I would find myself still working for a company that went out of business many years ago. There are also existing relationships with different things happening than in my conscious state. These tend to be ongoing alternate realities that I think my subconscious likes to play out. In the cases mentioned above, they struck me as actual events that took place in the subconscious. I say actual in that they are real probable outcomes from our current reality that are currently takiing place in another reality/dimension.

In any case thats the feeling I got.

John

• Like 1

I can't say I have experienced time/dimensionslips like the two first posters but I do recall having experienced that celebrities that I was dead sure of being dead suddenly was alive again! Just a year or two ago I was amazed when I suddenly found out that comedian Jerry Lewis was alive. I've been sure he died many years ago. Or when I saw Spiderman for the first time and noticed that Cliff Robertson (Uncle Ben) was also alive since I have read he died a few years ago! There are more celebs like this but at the moment I can only recall these two. The way I see it we somehow sometimes switches to parallel realities and sometimes back again. How it works beats me though.

Yes, this is amazing, and giving that it seems quite a few people have experienced this phenomena really makes you wonder!

I also read this article which is amazing in itself, and could very easily tie into this phenomena.

The resonance theory

Jann Burner: Let me ask you to wrap your mind around the “idea” that TIME, as we perceive it, is not linear. It does not move from the past into the future like a highway. Nor does it begin on page one with something like “In the beginning…” and end three hundred pages later with something like, “and they lived happily ever after.” Just for sake of discussion, imagine that all “time”, everyone’s time, and everyone who you have ever been or will ever be and everything you have ever done or ever will do, is happening right now. And that it is only through the mechanism of your personal ego that you choose to identify with this particular linear spoke, date stamped, 2007. Imagine, if you will, that somehow, you are able to neutralize your date imprint and are able to traverse the “frequency” that comprises the entirety that is YOU. Now here is the interesting part. To a limited degree you can do this right now. And this is because you (Mr. or Ms. whoever) are a “Frequency” of Mind, a frequency of…intent, if you will, and what happens to you in one experience resonates across the specific frequency which is the entirety of you and you, in your current experience, will Feel the vibration!

Have you ever been sort of walking along, just being “you”, feeling perfectly “normal” and then, for no reason at all, you suddenly feel absolutely FANTASTIC! Nothing has changed in your current experience but your mood has suddenly been drastically altered. Likewise you might suddenly feel absolutely horrible, for no reason at all. Or you will have a very near fatal accident, in an automobile or perhaps a fall. These are all resonant effects of events which are happening to “you” along another specific radial within your frequency. You feel fantastic! Something incredibly wonderful has just happened to you along another radial of consciousness and the feeling resonates out over your entire frequency. Of course as it moves, the effect lessens over perceived time and distance. In one life experience you may have a fatal injury. You are dead! In another experience you simply have a very close call and in yet another experience you suddenly come down with a severe headache, or a bad case of the flu. These “feeling events” are also cued into time/date stamps. You die in one life at age 17. In this life at age 17 you break a leg. You are abandoned as a young child in one life. In this experience your parents get divorced when you are the exact same age as in the alternative life. And so it goes. Every thing that happens to you, every significant feeling you get is to a greater or lessor degree stimulated by “you” experiencing yourself in an alternate reality. And, you may ask, “Where does it start? And where does it end?”

This is called The Resonance Theory of Simultaneous Existence. We occupy our consciousness--all at once. What happens in one life experience resonates across all frequencies and influences all other life experiences. These feelings resonate across frequencies like small waves across the surface of the ocean. Our consciousness IS THE OCEAN. Our individuated feelings are like the waves upon the surface of that sea. Sometimes the waves move in unison, sometimes, as in a storm, they move in a very chaotic fashion across the surface. And sometimes, rarely, but it happens, there can be a Tsunami type wave which moves at astonishing speed across the surface altering everything it touches. In recent times these have been called World Wars!

This is sort of like the Butterfly theory of weather. A butterfly flaps its wings in Tibet and a storm begins to form off the Florida Coast. Likewise, in one life experience seemingly limited by a specific time and space, something happens. Whatever the "traumatic" event may be, an accident, a severe illness, the winning of a lottery, getting married, the birth of a child, whatever, we feel that it is a done deal. While we feel that as important as it may be in our current life, it is finished. The reality is that it is NOT finished. The vibrations from these events move across the frequencies like the waves of sound move through the air with the ringing of a very large bell or gong. Or like a ripple will move across the surface of a pond when a stone is dropped into the pool. The psychological model we have been working with, specifically the Freudian model, is extremely naïve and limited.

What we are doing here is not finding a simple trail of breadcrumb clues left along the path in the forest of our very limited current life experience. What we are doing is nothing less than co-creating a tapestry of consciousness, a true work of Art. We are creating this across the vast reaches of what we naively call time and space and we are not doing this alone, but with the direct intent and cooperation of every other conscious entity. What we are doing is growing a holographic universe and with this realization will come a subtle "click," as from the opening of a backdoor, as from the opening of a human mind, and with this, the rings of realization will began to radiate in all directions across the pond of time.

Link - Resonance Theory

Good theory Dragonwick!

When I clicked off this thread yesterday, I remembered something I had read about out-of-the-body experiences, it is a book by Robert Monroe.

Now one of his experiences involved going out of his body, only to find himself in another one - he said in this "other world" he was engaged to a woman and they used to go horseriding or something, however, the interesting thing was that when Robert Monroe was in this body, the woman sometimes sensed that something was different about him. The buses were different, the roads a lot wider etc etc, but basically that world was very similar to this one. Now, one day during one of these experiences in this body he found that he was no longer engaged - perhaps with all this swapping about she had become disillusioned or something. He wondered if, whoever was the owner of this body was doing astral travel himself and in turn, took over his own body and that both souls were sort of swapping for a short time in different realities.

For some reason that story always stuck in my mind, I found it fascinating then and still do.

Good theory Dragonwick!

When I clicked off this thread yesterday, I remembered something I had read about out-of-the-body experiences, it is a book by Robert Monroe.

Now one of his experiences involved going out of his body, only to find himself in another one - he said in this "other world" he was engaged to a woman and they used to go horseriding or something, however, the interesting thing was that when Robert Monroe was in this body, the woman sometimes sensed that something was different about him. The buses were different, the roads a lot wider etc etc, but basically that world was very similar to this one. Now, one day during one of these experiences in this body he found that he was no longer engaged - perhaps with all this swapping about she had become disillusioned or something. He wondered if, whoever was the owner of this body was doing astral travel himself and in turn, took over his own body and that both souls were sort of swapping for a short time in different realities.

For some reason that story always stuck in my mind, I found it fascinating then and still do.

That is a very interesting story! I'm not going to say that, I completely disbelieve in astral travel/OBE!

But unlike astral travel/OBE, which happens mainly when your asleep! This phenomena is happening to people like Pnewman, Jj, while they are awake.

I have had situations where, I would have dreams of a certain place or thing,

and have it happen exactly as, I had dreamed it!

These dreams still happen, but not as often as they did when, I were younger.

It's almost as if everything really is tied together on some kind of unconcious level!

Edited by Dragonwick

Ok, I'm not going to call you crazy - because then I'd have to call myself crazy as well. (Maybe we are??)

You're both out of your fracking minds. :wacko::P

Actually, I had a similar experience. In the early 90s I decided to have my Moog 35 modular synthesizer refurbished and modified. I contacted a friend of mine who's an electronic tech to help me with the project. We spent nearly 8 months cleaning, rebuilding, and modifying my synth (which was no small expense, BTW).

Jump to 2001. I ran into my friend while checking out a band at a local club. During the conversation I brought up my Moog 35. Not only did he not remember working on it with me, but he also claimed that he had never work on any modular synth at all! I went into detail describing everything we had done, yet he had no memory of it.

I spoke with him several months ago and he still insists that he never worked on my synth. I've been friends with him for a very long time and he's not the type of person to drag out a practical joke.

So, I have no explanation for this.

That is a very interesting story! I'm not going to say that, I completely disbelieve in astral travel/OBE!

But unlike astral travel/OBE, which happens mainly when your asleep! This phenomena is happening to people like Pnewman, Jj, while they are awake.

I have had situations where, I would have dreams of a certain place or thing,

and have it happen exactly as, I had dreamed it!

These dreams still happen, but not as often as they did when, I were younger.

It's almost as if everything really is tied together on some kind of unconcious level!

Also understand that these events were over 5 years of memories w/LB Jr -thru- Soph and Jr. year in High School.

The memory of my other friends was a year long event between the three legal cases that I helped him w/- when he was the Lawyer those cases were won. When he was not the lawyer, those cases lost. The thing here is the cases were real - they existed in 'both' ... Again do I have an answer?? No I do not.

Also understand that these events were over 5 years of memories w/LB Jr -thru- Soph and Jr. year in High School.

The memory of my other friends was a year long event between the three legal cases that I helped him w/- when he was the Lawyer those cases were won. When he was not the lawyer, those cases lost. The thing here is the cases were real - they existed in 'both' ... Again do I have an answer?? No I do not.

Fascinating! *murmured in spockian voice, eyebrows raised* I'm a firm believer in the Holographic Universe Model, which can pretty much explain everything, so I have it easy. But if, what you guys have told is true, you're some special people! With regards to Jibreen, couldn't you get some proof of your friends' existence & activities? Other people who remember them, school records, photographs , etc? That would give some proof to you. Or is literally the whole reality changed, including the past? How do you guys cope with that? Doesn't it induce a permanent sense of insecurity with regards to reality & your own identity?

You know, the whole thing smacks of something like a movie whereby the "continuation girl" is doing a bad job lol.

Good job this thread was started, it seems to have brought to light something that a lot of people have had happen to them, but sort of brushed under the carpet".

Very, very interesting.

Okay this is strange because i read this yesterday and thought weeiiiiird.......Anyhoo i was listening to the radio in bed last night and they advertised Peter Gabriel coming to play in Dublin......This made me sit up with a start because i can clearly remember driving home from work last year sometime when they came on and announced Peter Gabriel had died of a heart attack....and proceeded to play "Sledgehammer" and "Dont give up" in memory........................ :wacko::huh::huh::huh:

It is weird. Cool stories, I had one, albeit a bit crappy, a couple of years ago. Not as good as the ones here so I won't bother to tell it.

Mods, if you really want to screw peoples heads in, delete this thread and deny any knowledge it ever existed lol

• Like 6

It is weird. Cool stories, I had one, albeit a bit crappy, a couple of years ago. Not as good as the ones here so I won't bother to tell it.

Mods, if you really want to screw peoples heads in, delete this thread and deny any knowledge it ever existed lol

:yes::yes::yes::tu::D

Okay this is strange because i read this yesterday and thought weeiiiiird.......Anyhoo i was listening to the radio in bed last night and they advertised Peter Gabriel coming to play in Dublin......This made me sit up with a start because i can clearly remember driving home from work last year sometime when they came on and announced Peter Gabriel had died of a heart attack....and proceeded to play "Sledgehammer" and "Dont give up" in memory........................ :wacko::huh::huh::huh:

Freaky

Edited by Michaelbuble

Pretty amazing stuff. I think the John Titor stuff is bologna, but well done bologna.

It sounds like a genuine mental illness (psychosis?) but lacks the normal surrounding signs. Men who are diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic or psychotic (the type with delusions) have a low life expectancy and a myriad of problems besides the primary illness, so I sincerely doubt that is the case here.

I wish it could be explored further to attempt to find out if this "illusion" or parallel world idea has any flaws in it at all. Finding even a tid-bit of proof of this "other" world that you guys seem to have experienced so completely would be mind-bending. Pretty interesting stuff. Too bad there is no hard evidence that we crave so badly. Of course if there was hard evidence, that would prove it never happened...or...something like...uhh...brain-cramp!

Pretty amazing stuff. I think the John Titor stuff is bologna, but well done bologna.

It sounds like a genuine mental illness (psychosis?) but lacks the normal surrounding signs. Men who are diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic or psychotic (the type with delusions) have a low life expectancy and a myriad of problems besides the primary illness, so I sincerely doubt that is the case here.

I wish it could be explored further to attempt to find out if this "illusion" or parallel world idea has any flaws in it at all. Finding even a tid-bit of proof of this "other" world that you guys seem to have experienced so completely would be mind-bending. Pretty interesting stuff. Too bad there is no hard evidence that we crave so badly. Of course if there was hard evidence, that would prove it never happened...or...something like...uhh...brain-cramp!

Gumby -

I totally hear exactly what you are saying on this one. Do I have an answer? No - do or have I taken any drugs in my life - No.

The one thing that I did find curious was the research I did on a cases that I knew my lawyer/teacher friend and I had worked on. In the 'other memory' those cases were won, all three of them. The strange thing was when I went to see what happened to those cases - they did indeed exist, which I sort of expected they wouldn't - which would make them more a 'dream' to me - but they did exist and sad to say they lost.

Now I would have had no exposure to those cases except through my friend.

Again do I have an answer?? No. Do I have a theory? Yes - but I cannot back it up so the theory remains quietly mine.

As far as my other friend from my teen years. My wife remembers the day I came home and told her about this. Her only responce was, "Ok, I believe you. For I have seen to many things being married to you that has left me going HUH? I've had other, what people would call paranormal, experiences that she too would just say, I wouldn't have believed it if I had not seen it. Boy when I said, "I do..." you didn't tell me this side of your life..." ;)

• Like 1

I can assure you with the upmost certainty that I do not have a mental illness. I have seen a number of mental health care professionals and they seem to attribute it to my brain not remembering or processing the information correctly as oppose to me being insane.

Then again, psychologists don't know everything there is about everything, so anything is possible :)

One of my theories regarding how things came into existence in the world is the theory that TIME is a force and not just a measurement.

Ex

You don't understand what heat is. You take a pie and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees. To your mind 350 degrees is a measurement. But what cooks the pie is the heat. The gauge is simply your way of understanding the force.

Time is usually regarded as just the measurement of things passing. And I have a friend who is a Phd and once told me that they can take a cell and a sperm in a petri dish and they can understand everything that happens except for what causes the spark of life to occur. I thought of this and I realized that the only thing that had happened was the passing of time. I believe that when time passes it exerts a force over everything it passes.

Your experiences have made me think that the chaos of time is something that is happening to you.

• Like 1

How do alternate realities exist with people and places identical to your own reality? even you exist in that world, and yet you never lived a second there. is there someone else living as you? how can they be someone else if they are you? there actions are nearly identical to your own, your life is essentially the same, how can another person live a life that is yours? what makes him like you? he lives your life in another reality. He is you, and yet he is not you... are we connected with ourselves at all times through our sub-conscious? do our lives actually take place at different times, that a me from a different life can influence me in this life through dreams, premonitions, or thoughts into actions they wish they had taken? do we end up different genders in different realities, can that influence one's sexuality(homosexuality) or cause transgenderism in another reality? can someone be drawn back to a love they had in a different reality, despite little incentive or reason in their own life to be drawn to such a love?

who exactly are these other people that are living our lives in different realities? are they part of us? a small portion of us that will makes up a greater whole sub-consciously and will unite in some way after all the lives have run their course? or perhaps we are ourselves in those realities, and we live every life that we exist in one at a time until there are no more? what happens when there are no more of our lives to live? do we get re-born as another person? do we go to an afterlife?

These are questions that have occurred to me, some of them have made me think of my own life experiences. I will ponder these questions and see if I can make any sense out of them.

Have you ever considered that astral projection may be part of this? The first time this happened to me I was with 3 friends and I had a lucid dream on my friends couch in his living room, my dream was of an alternate scenario where we were all sitting around in a different room of his house, except I new something wasn't quite right with the scene but I couldn't place my finger on it. I dreamed up about half an hour of time in which we were talking. Then suddenly I snapped back into realty and realized that I had been sitting on his couch the whole time.

Now the next morning when I was considering what had happened, I realized it was not actually reality because I picked out what was wrong with the scene, my friend had his girlfriend with him but in the projection I had they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, her and my other friend were.

Edited by Affliction