Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Hollow Earth Theory

CommunitarianKevin

I wasn't sure where to put this because it could go in a few different sections, but I was wondering if people here are familiar with the hollow earth theory or if anyone believes in it. My wife's uncle is a conspiracy theorist...when I say conspiracy theorist, I mean he believes in every one...I got into an argument over hollow earth theory and he has given me a couple of books about it to read. I was going to spend my break doing an in debt evaluation of the claims but I guess I would like to know if anyone believes this or if he is the only one...if he is the only one, it might not be worth my time...

Any opinions?

• Like 1

It's a waste of time.

The Hollow Earth Theory disregards decades of earth's mantle research.

I once had someone at work tell me that if Jules Verne was able to predict the use of submarines, then maybe his theory that there is a jurrasic paradise deep inside our earths core is also a reality.

It's only good breakroom conversation

Maybe 'hollow' is the wrong word?

I have heard this theory before, but am somewhat skeptical of it.

It does seem there is quite a bit of testimony suggesting that some UFOs go into lakes and volcanoes, but the idea that the earth is hollow in the conventional meaning of the word seems a bit far to me.

• Like 1

Maybe I will post a few things from the book he gave me. It is pretty far out there...It really is laughable...I wish I could present it as such to him...I just don't know if anything could change his view. That would be why I put all of the work into it...but I feel it would do no good. It is like trying to explain evolution to a young earth creationist...no point...

Buy yeah, I will post some of the pics. You have to see the pic of the "internal sun!"

Seismic evidence shows it is not hollow. Of course that same evidence comes from people that are "in on it." If he believes in this nonsense then anything you present to him he'll just wave away. Just ignore it an sit back and laugh.

I wasn't sure where to put this because it could go in a few different sections, but I was wondering if people here are familiar with the hollow earth theory or if anyone believes in it. My wife's uncle is a conspiracy theorist...when I say conspiracy theorist, I mean he believes in every one...I got into an argument over hollow earth theory and he has given me a couple of books about it to read. I was going to spend my break doing an in debt evaluation of the claims but I guess I would like to know if anyone believes this or if he is the only one...if he is the only one, it might not be worth my time...

Any opinions?

The "hollow earth" hypothesis was first proposed by the likes of Reed and Gardner in the early 20th century. Based upon further (and much more advanced) research, this concept has long since been discounted.

Maybe I will post a few things from the book he gave me. It is pretty far out there...It really is laughable...I wish I could present it as such to him...I just don't know if anything could change his view. That would be why I put all of the work into it...but I feel it would do no good. It is like trying to explain evolution to a young earth creationist...no point...

Buy yeah, I will post some of the pics. You have to see the pic of the "internal sun!"

Internal Sun? Don't tell me...you're reading a book by Sheldan Nidle. That crap will rot your brain. He heads up the Galactic Federation of Light. It's a cult and it sounds like your wife's uncle has been swallowed up in it.

Google his website.

The "hollow earth" hypothesis was first proposed by the likes of Reed and Gardner in the early 20th century. Based upon further (and much more advanced) research, this concept has long since been discounted.

I'm sorry,

But it was actually Newton who proposed this hypothesis.

:D

I lol'd. Theres prolly pockets and deep caverns (full of diamond btw). But the pressures are so great inside the Earth...Then the magma....And the lastly that lovely Iron core that allows us to survive by providing us magnetic poles. The bad news is one day it will become to heavy and stop functioning as it does.

I'm sorry,

But it was actually Newton who proposed this hypothesis.

:D

Only indirectly (Princpia III). The actual early presentation of the hypothesis was Halley's interpretation of Newton's (erroneous) calculations.

Nonetheless, your point regarding earlier versions of the hypothesis is quite valid. My apologies for not being more specific. At that moment, it was my intent to refer to the more "recent" incarnations of the hypothesis as per the likely reference material of the original poster's in-law.