Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 8 votes

Trail Camera Pictures

• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

#856    Catti-Brie

Catti-Brie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• I am a loose piece of the universe that has become aware momentarily.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Is this where I read that someone threw a rib to a fox one night and then the animal kept coming back for more? Was that you, Sakari? They are such opportunists. A red fox has denned in a fence row close to my house for the past 2 years. I can hear their pup's whining if the wind blows just right. I taught my dogs to stay away from that area. Mongo and Sadie will both sit side by side at the very edge of my property, totally content to just watch that spot in the fence row and listen--they'll be there for 15 minutes straight (that's saying a lot for my terrier-mixed dogs).

I think I'll try to get some audio of my own this caterwauling season--I've never tried this before. I'll post it if it's at all decent. Makes your hair stand up on end.

#857    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostCatti-Brie, on 03 January 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Is this where I read that someone threw a rib to a fox one night and then the animal kept coming back for more? Was that you, Sakari? They are such opportunists. A red fox has denned in a fence row close to my house for the past 2 years. I can hear their pup's whining if the wind blows just right. I taught my dogs to stay away from that area. Mongo and Sadie will both sit side by side at the very edge of my property, totally content to just watch that spot in the fence row and listen--they'll be there for 15 minutes straight (that's saying a lot for my terrier-mixed dogs).

I think I'll try to get some audio of my own this caterwauling season--I've never tried this before. I'll post it if it's at all decent. Makes your hair stand up on end.

It was me :)......He/She well both, and their kit should be posted here......If you can not find them let me know. I have to run to Coos Bay to go shopping for now.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#858    Catti-Brie

Catti-Brie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• I am a loose piece of the universe that has become aware momentarily.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

evancj, what is this? I understand you are kidding, but I cannot figure out what this is a photo of! It really looks like a hippo, but I don't think they grow them there in Utah :lol:

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:44 PM
Last week I saw this monster emerge from the depths of the brackish waters of the Great Salt Lake marshes, and swim right out of the water straight at me. As you can see from the photograph it was a huge viscous beast. I'm just glad I survived the attack to tell the tale.

Posted Image

LOL, this is what the eagles have been eating.

#859    Nightpath

Nightpath

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

I set my trailcam out to take 30second videos (has IR, nightvision) about 20 minutes from my place (and an hours walk) on the local mountain range. I put some ham pieces, chicken sandwich, banana peel and a few other morsels around in range of the camera.

Hope I catch something besides other hungry hikers who follow my trail.

#860    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostNightpath, on 03 January 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

I set my trailcam out to take 30second videos (has IR, nightvision) about 20 minutes from my place (and an hours walk) on the local mountain range. I put some ham pieces, chicken sandwich, banana peel and a few other morsels around in range of the camera.

Hope I catch something besides other hungry hikers who follow my trail.

Right on....Post here whatever it is that eats it :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#861    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostCatti-Brie, on 03 January 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

evancj, what is this? I understand you are kidding, but I cannot figure out what this is a photo of! It really looks like a hippo, but I don't think they grow them there in Utah :lol:

Last week I saw this monster emerge from the depths of the brackish waters of the Great Salt Lake marshes, and swim right out of the water straight at me. As you can see from the photograph it was a huge viscous beast. I'm just glad I survived the attack to tell the tale.

Posted Image

It is a Carp :)

Posted Image

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#862    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostCatti-Brie, on 03 January 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Thanks! We have both reds and grays, but I see red fox around here because I have the habitat they like best: farmland and rolling hills. I've spotted a completely silver 'red' fox that didn't look very red at all, but had the white tipped tail. The red's coat can vary greatly--from bright true orange to a black undercoat tipped with red. I love seeing the red fox in its melanistic (spelling?) phase where the legs and hind quarters are all black. Sometimes I can only tell the red and the grey fox apart by the red's white tipped tail.

I have never seen a cross fox in the wild, but I used to be a vet technician, and held one in my lap--gorgeous creature from Canada, white and silver with a black 'cross' streaked across her shoulders and down her back. She shouldn't have been a pet, I know, but it was an experience I won't forget.

Now, if only I could get a photo of the coyotes that have moved into my valley--they fascinate me. They are much bigger around here than out west (I lived in AZ for a littlewhile).

Hey Catti,

I believe your coyotes "eastern coyotes" are actually a cross between grey wolves and coyotes.

http://www.wildlife....tern_coyote.htm

I would like to see some photos of them if you can get some.

#863    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostCatti-Brie, on 03 January 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yep, as Sakari said, just as carp. There were a bunch of them trying to get over a mud flat into deeper water.

#864    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

I've been going back up to the  foothills above my house for the past couple of days looking for the those elk.

Here is some of what I saw;

Ran across another porcupine

Attached File  2013-01-04 Emigration Canyon 045.JPG   230.57K   11 downloads

#865    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

No wonder I never see them alive....I rarely look up :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#866    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

A tasty cotton tail.

Attached File  2013-01-04 Emigration Canyon 080.JPG   81.15K   2 downloads

#867    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostSakari, on 06 January 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

View PostSakari, on 06 January 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Their easy to find in the winter, no leaves to hide in.

Edited by evancj, 06 January 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#868    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

A red squirrel.

Attached File  2013-01-04 Emigration Canyon 128.JPG   215.77K   2 downloads

#869    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

4 big boys on the same mountain side.

Attached File  2013-01-04 Emigration Canyon 194.JPG   245.1K   13 downloads

#870    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,397 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

View Postevancj, on 06 January 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

"SQUIRREL!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users