Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Fourth Kind Coincidence

WoIverine

Note: possible movie spoiler if you read on...

Ok, so, here's a bizarre coincidence for everyone. My girlfriend at the time (over a year ago) and I both sat home and watched the movie with Milla Jovovitch, "The Fourth Kind". Anyway, in the movie, white owls were supposedly grey aliens in disguise or whatever.

The movie finished around 10pm. A short time after, (around 10:45 pm) we hear this crazy noise outside, horns honking, police sirens, etc. So we go outside, apparently there was a car wreck near the parking lot on the adjacent street before entering the complex parking itself.

We stayed out there and rubbernecked the situation for about 20 minutes, then decided to go back in, it was a pretty minor fender bender. Anyway, we live in Florida, it was last August (very hot month). On the way back in, my ex always liked to look at the stars, or basically just look up like many people do when it's nighttime and while being outside. She noticed two of these snow owls sitting in an oak tree right near our building! No lie, I was completely shocked, and couldn't believe it, with my own eyes, we both saw the owls. 100% true story. I immediately googled "snow owls in florida" after we got back inside, and sure enough, sometimes they do manage to make their way here, so it wasn't as uncommon as I would've thought.

Was just cool to see the movie, then the real deal a few minutes later, just thought I'd share. Hope everybody gets a kick out of my personal experience, I thought it was pretty cool, somewhat weird, but interesting. :tu:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

That is pretty spiffy, especially since owls are awesome*.

Cool coincidence, though.. coincidences always seem to bring a momentary thrill to me.

* Owls that don't try to eat me, that is.

Edited by RedSquirrel

wow, pretty creepy, cool that you went and looked it up though :tu:

I love when that happens! Thanks for the share! :tu:

Thanks everybody, yeah, I think that's probably about the craziest paranormal thing that's happened to me. Well, if you could call it paranormal. lol :lol:

Just thought I'd follow up the owl conversation with this, in case everyone hasn't seen it yet. I'm a pretty manly guy, but even I couldn't handle the cuteness overload. lol Edited by Spid3rCyd3

"White owls were supposedly grey aliens in disguise": I got goosebumps when I read that! I have never heard that before, but let me tell you about something that happened to me many years ago: a friend and I were using a ouija board regularly at the time and the 'spirit' we contacted described 'himself' as a 'Martian'. One night my boyfriend was walking me home along a streetlamp-lined road when a huge white owl flew out of a tree and landed about 15' in front of us. We continued walking and the bird flew up into another tree. I was thrilled with this and I said to my BF, "wow! did you see that? wasn't it beautiful?". He replied, "what? what did you see?" ...... he hadn't seen it!!

The next time I was using the ouija board I asked the 'Martian', "was the owl you?" and he said "yes".

did you report them to any authorities they may have been captive/zoo animals

cool coincidence tho

@ouija ouija the 4th kind is a fictional film (portrayed as real evens)

Edited by Cynical Sounds
  • Like 1

did you report them to any authorities they may have been captive/zoo animals

cool coincidence tho

@ouija ouija the 4th kind is a fictional film (portrayed as real evens)

No, we didn't report them, it was late, around 10:30 or so. Don't know if Animal Control is 24 hours. Not sure if it would've been a good idea to call AC either, aren't they kind of rough on the animals?

"White owls were supposedly grey aliens in disguise": I got goosebumps when I read that! I have never heard that before, but let me tell you about something that happened to me many years ago: a friend and I were using a ouija board regularly at the time and the 'spirit' we contacted described 'himself' as a 'Martian'. One night my boyfriend was walking me home along a streetlamp-lined road when a huge white owl flew out of a tree and landed about 15' in front of us. We continued walking and the bird flew up into another tree. I was thrilled with this and I said to my BF, "wow! did you see that? wasn't it beautiful?". He replied, "what? what did you see?" ...... he hadn't seen it!!

The next time I was using the ouija board I asked the 'Martian', "was the owl you?" and he said "yes".

Heh, pretty crazy, wonder what it is with these white owls, almost like coincidence harbingers or something. :tu:

I remember when I first watched that films & my boyfriend told me that i knew too much about the aliens so they'd come for me at the time they did in the movies (sure it was something like 3:20am?). I set my alarm for that time (I'm soft when it comes to horror films) thinking that they wouldn't come cause i was awake and i heard a big bang downstairs! Nearly died, seriously. But no aliens came ha :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah just like the first time I watched the ring. The phone actually rang after it finished. I was so scared.

• Like 2

The owls were just a visual metaphor in the film. The film makers chose not to depict the aliens except for a few blurred shapes and the owl.

Owls aren't aliens.

Note: possible movie spoiler if you read on...

Ok, so, here's a bizarre coincidence for everyone. My girlfriend at the time (over a year ago) and I both sat home and watched the movie with Milla Jovovitch, "The Fourth Kind". Anyway, in the movie, white owls were supposedly grey aliens in disguise or whatever.

The movie finished around 10pm. A short time after, (around 10:45 pm) we hear this crazy noise outside, horns honking, police sirens, etc. So we go outside, apparently there was a car wreck near the parking lot on the adjacent street before entering the complex parking itself.

We stayed out there and rubbernecked the situation for about 20 minutes, then decided to go back in, it was a pretty minor fender bender. Anyway, we live in Florida, it was last August (very hot month). On the way back in, my ex always liked to look at the stars, or basically just look up like many people do when it's nighttime and while being outside. She noticed two of these snow owls sitting in an oak tree right near our building! No lie, I was completely shocked, and couldn't believe it, with my own eyes, we both saw the owls. 100% true story. I immediately googled "snow owls in florida" after we got back inside, and sure enough, sometimes they do manage to make their way here, so it wasn't as uncommon as I would've thought.

Was just cool to see the movie, then the real deal a few minutes later, just thought I'd share. Hope everybody gets a kick out of my personal experience, I thought it was pretty cool, somewhat weird, but interesting. :tu:

Coinidence or not? that wil be always the question till it happens again?

I watched that movie and it really got to me. I am a pagan at heart and have experienced more paranormal phenomina then I care to admit. One thing that got me to really thinking after watching the movie is that it reminded me of a book I read once called "The Necronomicon" by Simon. Heard stories of how that book is the Devil but had to read it just out of curiosity. Well it went into some detail about Spirits or Entities on other planets who can manefest on earth and manipulate us as well. Kinda a cross between Aliens and Demons. (What I got from it anyway). But the part where she seemed to be possesed and it was an alien being talking through her? That gave me goosebumbs! I have been attacked by spirits before and the feeling is something I do not want to have ever again believe me! Whole things just make ya go mmmmm.[/font]

Even though the movie was marketed as a true story, it was complete fiction.

• 4 weeks later...

Owls aren't aliens.

Hahaha, I know that! What I do believe is that the owl I saw on the evening I spoke about(but not any other owl), was a ghost owl manifested by a spirit that described itself as a 'Martian'.

Hahaha, I know that! What I do believe is that the owl I saw on the evening I spoke about(but not any other owl), was a ghost owl manifested by a spirit that described itself as a 'Martian'.

your sure that it wasn't pokemon pikachuuuuuuuuuuuuu you saw?

My daughter said she went for a walk one afternoon, and an owl followed her, flying from tree to tree, until she got back home. She thought is was cool, like the owl was watching over her.

• Like 1

My daughter said she went for a walk one afternoon, and an owl followed her, flying from tree to tree, until she got back home. She thought is was cool, like the owl was watching over her.

It was probably eying her up. :unsure2:

Have somewhat of an update to this thread (and my OP). About a year and a half ago, the ex girlfriend I mentioned in my original post told me that a normal owl (like the wise potato chip brownish ones) swooped down and tried to carry off her Chihuahua! I had forgotten about that until a few days ago when I was watching animal planet.

Poor dog wouldn't go outside for weeks after that. lol

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

That movie creeped me out sooo bad! I really, really love Owl's tho.

I am an "OWL" man, they are magnificent birds,and I have lots of small statues and figurines of them,even a 3 feet high stone one in the garden,but let me tell you a scary experience.I was riding my cycle down a country lane going to work about 5 a.m,one autumn morning,completly dark except for my cycle lights,when I heard this strange hissing sound,I thought maybe I had got a wheel puncture but all seemed ok,this went on for a

t least 5 minutes then I happened to glance upwards,and nearly "crapped" myself because just about 3 feet above my head was this huge owl keeping pace with me,his wings probbly making the hissing sound he eventually wheeled away after he/she had studied me for several minutes.Very scary but it happened twice more,and I never saw him/her after that....