Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA and Astral Travel/Projection

kitco

Astral travel, out of body experience - OBE or astral projection is when a person's spirit leaves their physical body. When this happens the person is able to view the world around them from a completely different point of view. Science currently believes that astral projection is impossible based on what they currently know about the laws of physics. A large number of people, somewhere around 15% according to some research reports, have had a out of body experience. OBE's are known to occur during a traumatic experience such as a life threatening accident. Often times the person will report floating above his body near the ceiling at the hospital. They also report that they could watch the operation of their physical body while it was being performed. They have also been able verify, once revived, what was said and what happened. This type of astral projection is called a near death experience - NDE.

A person can also have an out of body experience when in meditation, in a hypnotic trance or when they are sleeping. It is possible for your spiritual body to travel when you have an out of body experience. It has been reported that people have traveled to other countries and even other planets while astral projecting. The most amazing thing, people have verified information that they could not of known unless they had indeed been astral traveling.

Edgar Cayce is well know for going into a trance and giving medical advise to patients all over the globe. He did this while he was sitting at home in a deep trance. Edgar Cayce was widely and thoroughly investigated by doctors, scientist and reporters and they could not uncover any fraud associated with his skills. Most who investigated him came away completely convinced of his talent.

The CIA in the 70's, along with the Department of Defense started a secret research program into astral projection. The term they used was remote viewing and they achieved a measure of success. The purpose of this program was to obtain secrets and information about the enemy. They where also interested in conducting psychic warfare. Some of the known targets are listed below.

A retired Special Project Intelligence Officer for SSPD, SSD, and 902d MI Group, Joe McMoneagle claimed he left the Stargate project in 1984 with a Legion of Merit Award. This was for providing information on over a 100 targets with information could not be obtained in any other manor.

One remote viewer in 1974 described a large airfield with a crane and gantry at one end. This turned out to be the Soviet testing site for Semipalatinsk. This was thought to be a secret under ground nuclear testing area. The data on this was never made public.

A Soviet Tu-95 bomber had crashed in Africa and a remote view was asked to locate the crash site. He apparently did within a couple miles.

The National Security Council asked about a Soviet submarine under construction in 1979. The remote review reportedly described the submarine in great detail, which was later confirmed.

in 1988 a remote viewer correctly located kidnapped Marine Col William Higgins being held in lebanon.

Remote views during the Golf War located where Saddam Hussein was hiding.

Remote viewers where reported to of helped find missiles, biological weapons and tunnels at extensive underground facilities.

The project after being in the hands of several different government agencies was reported to have been terminated in 1995.

Science continues to look for explanations in the known laws of nature, while the human steps beyond what we consider the laws of nature. For many the proof from science is not required to continue their practice of astral projection and other areas of psychic phenomenon. The overwhelming evidence of astral projection and other esp / psychic experiences just can not be ignored.

The author Paul Andrew Todd was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and Since a very early age Paul has had a interest in metaphysics. He has read and studied extensively in the fields of spirituality, metaphysics, religion, mind control and other personal improvement areas. Paul has been a certified hypnotherapist for thirteen years. He graduated from the Cincinnati School of Hypnosis in 1996. Paul also has been practicing meditation daily since 1994. He is a trained yoga teacher and meditation instructor. Paul learned yoga at Rishikesh Yogpeeth in India. Since early 2009 Paul has been traveling the world and living on the road. His web site can be found at Astral Projection

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5286594

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psychoticmike

• kitco

• White Crane Feather

• ether2

I find this to be without a doubt proof of Astral Travel/Projection, as I know first hand the wonder's of this abillity, I cant stop reading about this subject, I find it very interesting, please post any other verified information or personal accounts.

Edited by kitco

read the first 3 sentences...

OBE or astral projection is when a person's spirit leaves their physical body.

thats impossiable one learns this projecting to the higher of the plains not just the Astral plain, but of course as many know only one's experience can determine whats what...

good luck

love all

read the first 3 sentences...

thats impossiable one learns this projecting to the higher of the plains not just the Astral plain, but of course as many know only one's experience can determine whats what...

good luck

love all

each to there own! I think it would be hard to disprove it! since it is a personal experience. thank you..

each to there own! I think it would be hard to disprove it! since it is a personal experience. thank you..

No worries man...

although if this was put through a court of law, and professionals in these fields gave their evidence you will find indisputable evidencs against those claims...

ya only have to go to dedicated Projection/OBe sites to learn of this even those that dont project/OBe to the height of the plain/realms understand this...

good luck

love all

The astral court...... That's pretty funny. I'd caution not to try to label the depths with absolutes. No such thing as astral dogma. Even the guys that right the books dont realy understand everything.

The astral court...... That's pretty funny. I'd caution not to try to label the depths with absolutes. No such thing as astral dogma. Even the guys that right the books dont realy understand everything.

Yes, it really is mysterious, and there is data, yet it's still up in the air, I like the stigmatism attached :rolleyes:

and yes! No such thing as astral Dogma, I guess!

The CIA knows about it, they did some tests in the 70s I think. I also heard from another person that government buildings are "projection proof." How this is possible I have no idea.

I also heard from another person that government buildings are "projection proof." How this is possible I have no idea.

too some :)

good luck

love all

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the article. I would consider it proof. If the CIA and the Department of Defense have secret research programs involving astral projection, it's got to mean something. These viewers of theirs must be really good to be able to go to specific locations and bring back information. I'm sure the Soviets are doing the same thing, as they seem to be big on the paranormal, psychic phenomenon, and astral projection.

My projections take me to many wonderful places not of this world, but I don't think I know where I'm going till I get there. I couldn't go to a specific location just because someone asked me to. Well I've never tried it anyway, as no one has asked me!

I believe that scientists are now becoming more interested in the paranormal/psychic phenomenon, and some are actually experimenting.

I'm going to look for some books about Edgar Cayce. I'd like to learn more about him. Thanks for info..

Actually! I beleive the US started there ap program because of intelligence report's stating the Soviets were doing " Astral Projection" to uncover information, sort of like spying but without the inherent danger's and risk's asociated. there are several book's and tv show's talking about there applications in the millitary, and the results that they obtained, I do think the funding is now cut on these projects, but I am sure there is still some secret instalation doing it somewhere.

The CIA knows about it, they did some tests in the 70s I think. I also heard from another person that government buildings are "projection proof." How this is possible I have no idea.

well the brain works on certain wave lewnths maybe they pump radio waves and other means to block telepathic travel?

reminds me of those crazy guys wearing tinfoil on there heads "HAHAHAH THEY CANT READ MY THOUGHTS NOW THERE OUT TO GET ME"

hmm maybe there not so crazy afterall?? lol then again.....

this event I find to be amazing...The National Security Council asked about a Soviet submarine under construction in 1979. The remote review reportedly described the submarine in great detail, which was later confirmed.

he went into his water tank and was told where the builing was and some information, they wanted to know what they were builing, he described a submarine with a special double hull desing and special forward turrets or something, they didnt beleive him at first because that technology had never been used, but after the cold war it turned out that what he described was a new submarine that was indeed the exact same as he described... amazing just amazing

Edited by kitco

Look up some of the research done by Charles T Tart. I think you would all find it interesting.

Look up some of the research done by Charles T Tart. I think you would all find it interesting.

can you post a link to one of the better sites? or just go to wiki?

• 3 weeks later...

i believe the fact that they studied it for so long is proof in itself theres something to it, all tho i have never experienced it myself.

I believe the fact that they revealed that they studied it, and revealed that they cut the funding to the project because of a lack of results shows that there's nothing there.

I believe the fact that they revealed that they studied it, and revealed that they cut the funding to the project because of a lack of results shows that there's nothing there.

It shows that is a real phenominon reguardless of the nature or usefulness of it. Assuming that there is nothing there because it's not usefull to the CIA in the face

of other technologies is just that a very large assumption.

If it were useful to the CIA, do you think they would admit it? It is one of the most advanced and secret organizations in the history of mankind.

No, if they were using it, we would not know about it. Also if I were makeing decisions in the CIA I would make double sure there was a disinformation campaign. But that's just me. By the way I don't beleive the CIA are using projectors. It's much easier and reliable to use satalites and other means.

ok but couldn't that just be a cover? they started in the 70's and apparently stopped in the mid 90's why does it take you that long to conclude theres nothing to it? within the first few years they should have got a grasp on how effective it is or if the phenomenon even exists.

Dont get upset or anything like that.

I know very little about all this psychic stuff.

But

What i have read is that, OBE's where brain malfunctions? And could happen to every one, just like Deja vu's.

But just to clarify are OBE's the same thing as this Astral Travel/Projection?

ok but couldn't that just be a cover? they started in the 70's and apparently stopped in the mid 90's why does it take you that long to conclude theres nothing to it? within the first few years they should have got a grasp on how effective it is or if the phenomenon even exists.

Then why would they even admit to running an experiment into it? Surely they'd just cover it up and ignore it all...

Then why would they even admit to running an experiment into it? Surely they'd just cover it up and ignore it all...

you got a point there, but there are other possibilities. What if someone in the cia told others what they were doing, so they had to admit it, and say it doesn't work so people will leave them alone? i'm not saying this is the case, its just very strange to me that it took that many years for them to figure out theres nothing to it.

i believe the fact that they studied it for so long is proof in itself theres something to it, all tho i have never experienced it myself.

Really?

I tend to think of it as an argument against unregulated government spending and the inherent flaws of non-peer reviewed research.

Really?

I tend to think of it as an argument against unregulated government spending and the inherent flaws of non-peer reviewed research.

20 million dollars spent on a project lasting 20 some years, and it took them that long to say its not possible? so it took them 20 years to figure out there is absolutely without a doubt nothing to it? you find nothing fishy about that?

20 million dollars spent on a project lasting 20 some years, and it took them that long to say its not possible?

No, it took them that long to not get caught living off government funds.

so it took them 20 years to figure out there is absolutely without a doubt nothing to it? you find nothing fishy about that?

I find it extremely fishy. That is why I don't think it was a legitimate research project. That is why I think the funds were being misappropriated.