Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76    Tisha69

Tisha69

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

My 13 year old son has seen shadow people his entire life. We have speculated that it may be because he was born prematurely and had to be on a ventilator for 4 days and in the NICU for 17 days that perhaps he was near death and something followed him back.  He sees them in random places, even once in his classroom at school. Can anyone explain this?

#77    noun0001

noun0001

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

I enter a world that has different "moods" to it; each "mood" is a "plane of existence"; the whole entire place is what I call "NeverWhere". In one of it's "moods" is a desolete realm where shadow-like-figure of people and other animals are at. About everything in this particular realm has a deep blue-tint color to it, like the beginning of the Mortal Kombat sequel movie called Mortal Kombat: Annihilation color to this world. I once met a thing called "The Shadow King" in a dream once; he wanted me to become one of his long-hooded-cloak people, weird.

#78    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Are we all to instantly assume that this isn't a symptom of mental illness then? It would appear that most who have seen them come from difficult walks of life, with hard beginnings, but it's more logical to assume that it's mental illness than another plane of existence don't you think?

#79    noun0001

noun0001

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

View Postthewatchman7, on 13 January 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Are we all to instantly assume that this isn't a symptom of mental illness then? It would appear that most who have seen them come from difficult walks of life, with hard beginnings, but it's more logical to assume that it's mental illness than another plane of existence don't you think?
I agree;lock-up all humanity in "mental-institution world".

#80    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Haha not everyone.
I just think when we instantly assume that human mental issues are easier explained by inter dimensional beings, we've reached a really bad point.

#81    noun0001

noun0001

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

View Postthewatchman7, on 13 January 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Haha not everyone.
I just think when we instantly assume that human mental issues are easier explained by inter dimensional beings, we've reached a really bad point.
Everybody dreams; everybody has stress (laugh)

Edited by noun0001, 13 January 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#82    quiXilver

quiXilver

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

I had one experience with a shadow person.

It was the Hat Man.  It was about 3:00 in the afternoon.  I'd just returned home to my Brownstone in Brooklyn.
The sun was shining in the bay windows that opened to the street.  Our sofa was under those windows and as I walked around the corner I could see the outline of a large man with a 40's style fedora stand up from the far left spot on the sofa.  Several of my friends will always have keys to my place, so coming home to someone was not uncommon, but in the moment it took for me to turn and focus on the living room, it was gone.

It happened in less than two seconds.  By the time I'd turned, I was just processing the strangest element, (I'd never heard of a shadow person and didn't hear about one until years later), which was that there was absolutely no detail to the man at all.  I'm a visual artist and have excellent vision, back then I had outstanding vision.  I was processing how anything could have no detail at all, just pure shadow, in a room bright with daylight.  An outline of a man in an overcoat and a fedora, clearly outlined but with no internal detail aside from the outline of the form.  No light reflecting off lapels, pocket flaps, shirt, shoes... nothing, just a black outline.

I felt no fear or anger, just surprise at how random and strange the experience was...

As I felt no invasion, nor threat, I chalked it up to a side effect of the work I'd been doing cultivating with advanced kung fu and meditation, burned some sage and offered it blessings.

Many years later, I was listening to Art Bell and I finally found out through one of his guests that many thousands of people had encounters with the exact same image I had and they called him the Hat Man.  I'd not thought about it in a long time, but it came back in a flash as vivid as ever.  The most surprising thing about the interview and the other stories, was the fear that everyone else seemed to feel.  This intense threat, which was absolutely not my experience.  It was rather mundane emotionally.

Thanks for sharing all, good stuff.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain." ~ Ihab Hassan
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ~R. Buckminster Fuller
Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  ~Creighton Larson

#83    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

something like this has happened to me on more than a few occassions.
i go about my usual day, everything is normal, everything is ordinary, and i look into the distance and i see something.. then naturally i blink so i can focus on it but poof its gone.
Man, woman, girl even objects.
And they wear like everyday clothes, only difference is they more overall greyish, not black

Posted Image

#84    Nightspren

Nightspren

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

I only ever had one experience with things like these, when I was in about 3rd grade (I'm 12 now, so I remember it clearly.)

I was having a nightmare about a Goosebumps book I had recently read, when suddenly-not even during a scary part-I woke up. As I opened my eyes, I could see a tall, dark figure just inside my bedroom. It almost looked like it was equal parts shadow, smoke, and mist, writhing and twirling in complex patterns. Two glowing red eyes were the only thing I could make out from its face. After this episode, I started praying more fervently and bought a cross bracelet (lots of magical thinking when you're in 3rd grade.)

I usually rationalize this away with sleep paralysis.

#85    Jeanne dArc

Jeanne dArc

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

Shadow people aren't real ^_^

#86    Kassekoe99

Kassekoe99

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• I say what I mean and I mean what I say. Nothing more and nothing less.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:20 AM

Question for those who have seen shadow people/hat man. When you see it and another person is there with you, does that person see it too or can it be standing there and the other person be looking right past it?

#87    quiXilver

quiXilver

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:12 AM

Talking about anything like these sightings breaks down with those who haven't experienced.
To even defend it is just an exercise in... well, exercise.  Running for the sake of running.

If you haven't experienced it, it's like describing sex to a toddler.
All the words in the world won't build a bridge to experience.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain." ~ Ihab Hassan
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ~R. Buckminster Fuller
Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  ~Creighton Larson

#88    kidagakash

kidagakash

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

This is more than urban legend and talking too much about it can be dangerous.

#89    smuchers

smuchers

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• Back in the day most girls idolized princess', I just wanted to be Wednesday Adams.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

I've had a shadow man in my house for the last 6 years. He first came around when a friend of mine moved in. She and I were always aware of the paranormal around us, and when we were with each other, our sensitivities amplified.  She always managed to bring about the negative energies. One night we both noticed a very large black figure standing in the hallway between our rooms. All we could see was the 7ft tall human shape with neon green eyes.  At first I thought only I saw it, but she described it the same way.  It seemed very menacing, but soon I realized that it couldn't enter my room.  Even after she moved out he was still around sometimes.  I got married and told my husband about it. He didn't believe in the paranormal until he spent his first night in my house. He never saw the shadow figure, mostly because it would only come around when it was late at night and my husband was out of the house.  This went on for about 6 years. Then one night I had a dream where I saw a normal sized light grey figure walk into the house. It gave off a neutral energy, and never said a word; only looked at me. I felt its presence for about 2 more days, then suddenly it was gone.  It was then that I also realized the energy of the shadow man was also gone. It was almost like the grey man took him away. It has been about 4 months since then, and I still haven't felt the energy of the shadow man. I know a lot of people will laugh and think this is a joke, but it is something you just can't understand until you go through it yourself.

#90    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

View Postkidagakash, on 28 July 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

This is more than urban legend and talking too much about it can be dangerous.

Why? Who has been harmed by a shadow man?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users