Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea satellite 'tumbling in space'

Waspie_Dwarf

North Korea satellite 'tumbling in space'

North Korea appears to be struggling to control a satellite it put into orbit last week, a space expert has said.

The Unha-3 satellite was launched on board a long-range rocket on 12 December, in defiance of sanctions and international warnings.

Pyongyang says the device, the size of a washing machine, is working and is beaming revolutionary songs to Earth.

But US astronomer Jonathan McDowell says it may be tumbling, and does not yet appear to be transmitting.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• Taun

• wolfknight

• Hasina

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone whould tell them that there are radio stations and podcasts that can broadcast their music for a whole lot less...

More dependably too, apparently...

Someone whould tell them that there are radio stations and podcasts that can broadcast their music for a whole lot less...

More dependably too, apparently...

You can't develop long range missiles by listening to a podcast.

Nor can you overshadow your nearest neighbour and rival, South Korea, by becoming a space power whilst their attempt is still sitting on the pad with technical difficulties.

Also, as far as the citizens of that totalitarian regime are concerned, their are no radio stations or podcasts except the official government stations as the internet and all external radio stations are blocked.

Well that would be the problem right there. hamsters are much better at running electronics.

You can't develop long range missiles by listening to a podcast.

Nor can you overshadow your nearest neighbour and rival, South Korea, by becoming a space power whilst their attempt is still sitting on the pad with technical difficulties.

Also, as far as the citizens of that totalitarian regime are concerned, their are no radio stations or podcasts except the official government stations as the internet and all external radio stations are blocked.

I know... I was attempting a bit of tongue in cheek to point out that there are cheaper ways to be publicly humiliated on a global scale than this... Oh heck - I guess if I have to explain the joke it wasn't a very good one...