Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Get rid of the Constitution

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,051 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 30 January 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

I thought the "there'd be a gun behind every blade of grass" was a myth, they didn't invade the mainland because they thought they wouldn't need to.

It is. And I tend to doubt that a uncoordinated armed bunch (like people getting their guns out of the garage would be) is actually a military threat.

But thinking that makes some people feel good.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#242    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,993 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

It is. And I tend to doubt that a uncoordinated armed bunch (like people getting their guns out of the garage would be) is actually a military threat.

But thinking that makes some people feel good.
But what about the bearded cave dwellers in the ME we can't seem to control? Surely if they can we could muster up a hell of a resistance. Sloppy at first but unless nuked or carpet bombed to oblivion we would get better over time.

Posted Image

#243    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 30 January 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

But what about the bearded cave dwellers in the ME we can't seem to control? Surely if they can we could muster up a hell of a resistance. Sloppy at first but unless nuked or carpet bombed to oblivion we would get better over time.

They are not uncoordinated and despite what we think of them camel drivers, they are thoroughly trained. Something we cannot say about the average gun owner.

Edit: and if we just take the religious subset: they are not afraid of croaking either, that makes them twice as dangerous.

Edited by questionmark, 30 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#244    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,993 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I agree that they see war as a way of life. Unlike us they train and practice and live it all the time.

Posted Image

#245    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,341 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

they are thoroughly trained.
The original members of the group in question were trained by the CIA after all, trained to fight exactly the sort of war they're fighting against the US and their allies now.

#246    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,051 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 30 January 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

The original members of the group in question were trained by the CIA after all, trained to fight exactly the sort of war they're fighting against the US and their allies now.

If you talk about Afghanistan, they did not need any CIA, except to learn how to operate Stingers. War and stealing cattle is, has been, and will be a way of life there.

about me

#247    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,906 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 30 January 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

If you are not willing to understand what I said, you are here for only one thing, to troll me and others.

You're right, I missed that part where you were bettering the founding fathers. Ok then. Let me give that a shot too. "A well regulated military by civilian authority is necessary to the security of a free state, it shall not be used against citizens except to put down rebellion"

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#248    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,906 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostUncle Sam, on 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Go ahead.. scratch up my constant defending the constitution to paranoia. I will not back down, I will not be swayed. The constitution is absolute law of my land, regardless if you like it or not.

except when we change it. It is not absolute. not written in stone.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#249    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

View Postaztek, on 30 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

you right, but it doesn't matter much, ussc clearly (for me at least), states that militia detail is no longer relavant. that is why argument that only militia is allowed to bear arms holds no water. imo
That's right, the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with the militia (the military) having the right to bear arms.  It's the right of the people to bear them, precisely because of the military's existence in the first place.  It's already been interpreted by the USSC, and in that, you are right, these debasing arguments as if it hasn't are both obsolete and ignorant.  

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with national defense, hunting, or skeet shooting.  It has everything to do with keeping our nation's right to stay armed opposite its government.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#250    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

I got an idea lets keep the Constitution and keep our grubby hands off it since were not responsible enough to treat with any respect. For the sake of future generations.

Man were gonna be remembered as the generation that f'd up this country.

#251    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

There's no need to get rid of the Constitution.

There IS however, a need to prevent a president from abusing it.

That is the ONLY amendment that needs to be made.  The system is supposed to be all about checks and balances....and it's far from that.

The president should have absolutely no unilateral power unless it's in an extreme emergency and the country's well-being is in immediate danger.  The president has more power now than ever and it needs to be stopped.  We elect 537 people for a reason.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#252    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostMedicTJ, on 31 January 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

There's no need to get rid of the Constitution.

There IS however, a need to prevent a president from abusing it.

That is the ONLY amendment that needs to be made.  The system is supposed to be all about checks and balances....and it's far from that.

The president should have absolutely no unilateral power unless it's in an extreme emergency and the country's well-being is in immediate danger.  The president has more power now than ever and it needs to be stopped.  We elect 537 people for a reason.
You're absolutely right but the problem is worse than just a President abusing it when we've got 530 ignoramuses ignoring Article 1.    Last year we had Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich still in the government.  As of this month, they're both gone.  I don't know who we've got left.  People, just like you and me.   It's time for We the People to pick up our rule of law and stand up for it, despite the stereotypical insults that Statists won't stop throwing.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#253    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,169 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

View Postninjadude, on 31 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

except when we change it. It is not absolute. not written in stone.

It is absolute, we can't change it. It is not meant to change, only added too. Changing or taking away is infringing upon the rights of the citizens.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#254    Realm

Realm

• 1,903 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Depends on who's in charge.

Republicans write a new constitution you get:

War in the middle east, anti abortion, no drugs, guns, etc..

Democratswrite it you get:

Peace in the middle east, abortions, medical marijuana, no guns etc..

Just sayin..

#255    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,051 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostRealm, on 31 January 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Depends on who's in charge.

Republicans write a new constitution you get:

War in the middle east, anti abortion, no drugs, guns, etc..

Democratswrite it you get:

Peace in the middle east, abortions, medical marijuana, no guns etc..

Just sayin..

That is a little too easy, both Republicans and Democrats cannot change the reality on the ground.

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users