Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would an Alien Invasion Unite the World?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:35 AM

As a sidenote; We have eradicated diseases such as smallpox, antibiotics can cure the plague and lepracy, but we cant cure a cold!

thats because the cold mutates quite rapidly, and for all intents and purposes, the cold going around one winter will be a completely different strain to the one going around the next.

as for the topic, it could swing both ways, if the threat is quite evident ala Independence Day, i'm sure the world would unite, if however its like umm uhh Mars Attacks, i'm sure the powerfull countries will try to make peace and then get their asses kicked when they don't expect it.

#17    X~File_Agent

X~File_Agent

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• erehT tuO si hturT EhT

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:46 AM

I think we might unite, however I fear that some countries may try to side with the alien force so that maybe, they can somehow dominate along side with them.
Of course that's assuming the alien are stupid enough to let them.  

But hopefully they won't be her to dominate us, but to rather enlighten and teach us things we never knew existed.

If not I'm going to the local guns store and load up gunsmilie.gif
tongue.gif

"All lies Lead to the Truth" - XFiles
"Lately the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer, is my distaste for manual labor." - Dilbert

Posted Image

#18    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:52 AM

I think, given time, yes...most of the developed countries in the world would probably be able to see the need to combine their rescourses before it was too late...

However, I doubt it would happen before a species with technology advanced enough to travel a fleet of ships through space, reach our solar system, and mount an offensive at the end of it would erradicate our centeres of goverment, our communication systems, and our major cities tongue.gif

It's safe to bet any invading army would be of an intelligent race, and would know how to go about warfare...disrupting enemy communications and cutting off possible assistance is one of the best means of shifting a battle in your favour tongue.gif Whether we would unite or not isn't so much the issue...I don't think we'd be allowed to.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#19    AncientLight

AncientLight

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:54 AM

I somehow don't believe it would . People can be very ignorant , & would probably underestimate the situation , or think they could side with the aliens or something.
There would be a lot of looting I think & probably some kind of every man/woman for himself mentality  wacko.gif

We'd be doomed , end of story .

#20    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (DreamRebel @ Jan 28 2004, 07:09 PM)
Do you think an Alien Invasion would unite our world?

no.  blink.gif

Come on guys, we start riots over jury verdicts, and tranple poeple for buy a $30 dvd player, ok so the dvd thing was a hoax, but still, have you seen how humns react to normal simtule, we co nuts, just image how much worse it gonna get.

#21    TheBloom

TheBloom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:53 AM

there will never be world peace (even though i fight for it) but there is too much difference between people and countries, race, beliefs, religion, society, government, press, money, power, love, peace, hate, murder, crime......guys i could go on forever! I dont think people understand what world peace could do....personally i do vote for peace but when i really think about it....its bollocks...it wont solve much, if anything it will start a nuclear war!

'Everyone is in peace, loving and sharing with each other...then someone gets a little miffed....everything blows!'

There are too many factors that would have to be considered to bring world peace and it will never happen...the human race (like other species we are hostile if provoked) We could never reach inner peace (unless we all become buddhists) which i am....however i am not the world..i am one man (woman) and i doubt every human would go my way! blink.gif  

#22    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 29 January 2004 - 10:52 AM

Certainly, the world would come together should there be an alien invasion, no doubt. Problem is, will there really be an alien invasion? What I'm trying to say is, what if it was orchestrated by humans themselves, to bring the whole world under a one-world government ruling, the new world order?? I do agree that this method (alien invasion), is one hell of a brilliant way in uniting the rest of the world in a peaceful way, rather than attacking one country after another like dummy Hitler grin2.gif . Well as always, just one thought from a conspiracy theorist.... wink2.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#23    secondhand

secondhand

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

• Bah humbug

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (fluffybunny @ Jan 28 2004, 08:21 PM)
I would like to think that with a common enemy we would come together like we have in world wars of the past.

What? Surely the reason for a World War is exactly the opposite?

#24    DreamRebel

DreamRebel

Psychic Spy

• 1,038 posts

• Knowledge is the weapon of choice. Those who possess it shall prevail.

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:12 PM

[Edit] Post removed

#25    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (secondhand @ Jan 29 2004, 04:04 AM)
QUOTE (fluffybunny @ Jan 28 2004, 08:21 PM)
I would like to think that with a common enemy we would come together like we have in world wars of the past.

What? Surely the reason for a World War is exactly the opposite?

In a way yes.

I was referring to the aspect of world wars where sides are chosen and the sides stick together.

There will always be an "Us vs. Them" mentality in war, it's the only way to justify murdering people. Think Axis and Allies of WW2. Allied nations did do a pretty good job of supporting each other. Amongst our team we come together well.

In case of alien invasion, the "us" would be earthlings, and the "them" would be whomever decided to come all this way to beat the cr@p out of us.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#26    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 06:40 AM

but the question is what do you think Al Qaeda will do? Are they going to send suicide bombers to the mothership, or are they going to help them? In every war, there are betrayers.

#27    TheBloom

TheBloom

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (PsychicPenguin @ Jan 30 2004, 05:40 AM)
but the question is what do you think Al Qaeda will do? Are they going to send suicide bombers to the mothership, or are they going to help them? In every war, there are betrayers.

No, Its all in the good name of Allah  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif  

#28    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 30 January 2004 - 05:35 PM

The human spirit will always pull through, look what we have done! we as humans have a need a WANT for expansion,to be rembered in some small way... its in our
veins flowing through us at this moment... its a animal instinct to survive and reproduce...its genetic and THAT is how the human race will survive any attempt to f*** with us.... needless to say we have made mistakes... but the way I see it any thing that manages to survive this far into evolution is a MIRACLE I myself find it hard to believe the holy God I believe in just plopped us down.. I think he may have made us in his image wich was as a single celled organism. OR maybe we are actully MORE evolved than the greys? maybe greys and humans were identical at one time but due to the harsher enviroment of earth we evolved.

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users