Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Simon Parkes Says Aliens Exist

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46    sam_comm

sam_comm

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

View Postseeder, on 19 June 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

if you will watch the full show I linked to above, it will show you that these people, in the show, tended to be very sorry depressive types and some had past mental health issues, and with history of alcohol,  either them or their parents.

They all insisted their experience were true. EXCEPT.....

The woman who claimed to be half alien had a dna test on the show - and it confirmed she was just a human after all, and another took a polygraph test, and failed so badly she stormed out of the filming...

You can find people afflicted by mental illness in all sphere and area of life. Ufology is not a world apart. I didn't click on your link but I have no difficulty believing you.

However, it must be said that people from all walks of life: Airforce pilots, astronauts, Plumbers, postal clerks, scientists, police officers have seen UFO's or even had unexplained experiences/encounters of an Extra-terrestrial kind. One who has study or taken an interest in the UFO phenomenon will know that. We are talking about normal people with no mental iliness or addictions problems here. Some very credible witnesses and high ranked millitary. I recommend you to search for the works on Aliens abductions by Professor John E. Mack of Havard University. You can be introduced to it by reading the book: Aliens: The Investigation by Stéphane Allix.

Edited by sam_comm, 20 June 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#47    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 20 June 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

However, it must be said that people from all walks of life: Airforce pilots, astronauts, Plumbers, postal clerks, scientists, police officers have seen UFO's or even had unexplained experiences/encounters of an Extra-terrestrial kind.

I would say that yes, many people have certainly had experiences. However to jump to the conclusion that they are in fact ET related, even given the testimony that claims this, is too far for logic to make unaided. The evidence just doesn't adequately support it.

Consider how inherently unreliable testimony can be.

The misinformation effect refers to the finding that exposure to misleading information presented between the encoding of an event and its subsequent recall causes impairment in memory.[1][2] This effect occurs when participants' recall of an event they witnessed is altered by introducing misleading postevent information.[3] It is a prime example of retroactive interference, which occurs when information presented later interferes with the ability to retain previously encoded information. Essentially, the new information that a person receives works backward in time to distort memory of the original event.[2] The misinformation effect has been studied for over 30 years. Elizabeth Loftus is one of the most influential researchers in the field.

http://en.wikipedia....ormation_effect

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#48    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

I hope for his sake that he is trying to discredit UFOlogy by making these claims. If not, well my guess is that he has some screws loose in some way or another.

#49    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 20 June 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

You can find people afflicted by mental illness in all sphere and area of life. Ufology is not a world apart. I didn't click on your link but I have no difficulty believing you.

However, it must be said that people from all walks of life: Airforce pilots, astronauts, Plumbers, postal clerks, scientists, police officers have seen UFO's or even had unexplained experiences/encounters of an Extra-terrestrial kind. One who has study or taken an interest in the UFO phenomenon will know that. We are talking about normal people with no mental iliness or addictions problems here. Some very credible witnesses and high ranked millitary. I recommend you to search for the works on Aliens abductions by Professor John E. Mack of Havard University. You can be introduced to it by reading the book: Aliens: The Investigation by Stéphane Allix.

As I understand Mack, he did not think what people saw were actually space faring aliens. Initially he felt the abduction scenario was surely a mental condition, and only tentatively moved away from that conclusion when he personally could not find a specific brain anomaly he was expecting to find. As far as I know, when he died, he was of the opinion that the ETH was some type of personal spiritual matter.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#50    sam_comm

sam_comm

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 June 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

As I understand Mack, he did not think what people saw were actually space faring aliens. Initially he felt the abduction scenario was surely a mental condition, and only tentatively moved away from that conclusion when he personally could not find a specific brain anomaly he was expecting to find. As far as I know, when he died, he was of the opinion that the ETH was some type of personal spiritual matter.

John E. Mack concluded that his 30 patients whom he called ''experiencer'' had no mental illness nor were they in a psychosis state whatsoever and showed all the characteristics of people who have come through real events. That's significant coming from a renown Psychiatrist. The media made such a fuss about it and even went as far as claiming that John E.Mack confirmed that his patients have indeed been abducted by Aliens. Of course he never did that and that wasn't a conclusion of his researches.

I agree that associating these experiences with Extra-terrestrial is speculation. There is no evience to prove that. Only, it is not without sense to associate flying objects with outer space beings that does not come from Earth. Also, from what we know of our condition, science is leaning towards the thinking of an Universe where life can be found elsewhere and many Scientists are optimistic about that possiblity.

We just don't know.

Edited by sam_comm, 20 June 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#51    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 June 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Me.
knew it....

#52    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

It is not more irrational that postulating religious beliefs, so I donīt see the beef. As long as he does not actually act on his fantasies, is OK.

#53    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 20 June 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

John E. Mack concluded that his 30 patients whom he called ''experiencer'' had no mental illness nor were they in a psychosis state whatsoever and showed all the characteristics of people who have come through real events. That's significant coming from a renown Psychiatrist. The media made such a fuss about it and even went as far as claiming that John E.Mack confirmed that his patients have indeed been abducted by Aliens. Of course he never did that and that wasn't a conclusion of his researches.

I agree that associating these experiences with Extra-terrestrial is speculation. There is no evience to prove that. Only, it is not without sense to associate flying objects with outer space beings that does not come from Earth. Also, from what we know of our condition, science is leaning towards the thinking of an Universe where life can be found elsewhere and many Scientists are optimistic about that possiblity.

We just don't know.

He did seem to soften up though after Bud Hopkins got his claws into him. That is pretty much when he went from "Crackpots" to "Sufferers" and to be honest, it seems plausible that Bud Hopkins told him how much he could make if he played along with the UFO people.

Indeed missions like Kepler offer great hope, yet I remain confident in my prediction that first contact, if it happens in my lifetime (or afterwards I suppose), will be via communication. Heck, my name is up there on Kepler ;) . All you lot have to do is fly up there, sort through about 3,000 names, and people can see my true identity! :D

I just have not ever seen one abduction recollection that I can truly believe. Each one seem to have a dodgy element in it. And some are downright embarrassing. I think Penn and Teller got it right. A great many "abductees" are people who just need us to stop and say hello once in a while. They are people just like you and I, but with some problems to sort out. And if more of us gave some of these people the time of day before they need to run to aliens, we might see the level of abductions dwindle away entirely.

I think I will smile at a stranger on the way home. People should smile more.

Strangely enough, this guy has a song called UFO as well. Co-incidences happen too :D

Edited by psyche101, 20 June 2013 - 07:39 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#54    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 20 June 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

knew it....

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 20 June 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#55    Lex540

Lex540

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

• I am unique and distinct

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

creepy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with a CAPITAL CREEPY

#56    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,982 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 20 June 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

We just don't know.

here is an interesting transcript from an interview with John Mack.

http://johnemackinst...ohn-e-mack-m-d/

#57    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,716 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

So, this guy is an elected official? Well, there goes another shred of hope I had for humanity.

#58    sam_comm

sam_comm

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 June 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

I just have not ever seen one abduction recollection that I can truly believe. Each one seem to have a dodgy element in it. And some are downright embarrassing. I think Penn and Teller got it right. A great many "abductees" are people who just need us to stop and say hello once in a while. They are people just like you and I, but with some problems to sort out. And if more of us gave some of these people the time of day before they need to run to aliens, we might see the level of abductions dwindle away entirely.

As far I know, many accounts that I've read on Aliens abductees have no social or family problems personal to sort out. They are people who go to work everyday and pay their taxes. They've no mental illness and are perfectly normal. What is fascinating is that many of these are ashamed of their stories and will told them very reluctantly. They come forward because they want to understand. Some will try to convinced themselves that this wasn't the reality which is not so easy when you it to be real inside you but just want to forget it. Some will never tell their stories by fear of ridicule. It is a profound traumatism which one tries to bury inside but yet not cause by psychosis or mental illnesses . Whether it is 'paranormal' or not, I believe these are phenomenon unknown to us. Simply denying it because we do not understand it is not very scientific.

Edited by sam_comm, 21 June 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#59    rose quatz

rose quatz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

sadly one of the least credible politicians that could of come out with this story, he might as well be running around saying it was man bear pig...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users