Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Windowsill people?

Rhiz93

When I was around 4 years old, I lived in a caravan in the bush with my mother. I remember laying in bed of a night, watching tiny little people walking in a straight line across the window seal. The best way I can describe the people (atleast 20) is that they were like villagers or farmers, moving or travelling - as they had a cart and their belongings. There was also horses or donkeys. Imagine Little Bo Peep with her lambs , that kind of look a such. But they were not detailed, simply black figures. I find this very hard to explain and I have not found anything remotely related to this subject.

Any ideas?

Thanks

No offense whatsoever, but perhaps you were exposed or around some kind of drug that created the hallucination...

Really, no offense to your mother or anyone else there.

• Like 2

Was there anything going on at the time? Stress or drama related? Maybe your young mind was helping you to get away or deal with something.

Edited by John Rayne

There was no drugs around but the idea that I created them could be possible as there was issues at home. But jokes aside, have you come across any posts like this before?

Not really, the specifics of your story were quite original... I have heard of extreme cases of tramatic experiences initiating extreme manafestations to distance themself from reality. It sounds like if there were issues at home they may be directly related expecially depending on the nature of the issues of which I (no offense) do not care to hear or get personal. I am no doctor or shrink, just open minded and like to help

And at the same time it could be a false memory or a dream of a memory... and nothing at all!

• Like 2

There was no drugs around but the idea that I created them could be possible as there was issues at home. But jokes aside, have you come across any posts like this before?

I remember reading about something similar in a book but before i start i will say i do not believe in the supernatural,crypto or aliens....anyway...it was in a Haunted Liverpool book and some guy who was disabled used to watch these 'small people' from his window.He could see them but nobody else could..they used to go around tripping people up and throwing things He'd had a major car accident and had not seen these small people before his trauma so it most probably was related to the accident..if i find it again i will post it up...

Edited by ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Was it a hot night?

I remember being real young having a stupid memory. I was at the beach, looking in the distance along the beach I could see little men running in a line from the ocean to the dunes. It wasn't until I got a bit older that I realised I was seeing the heatwaves coming off the sand, Somehow my young mind made me see little men running. :wacko:

I don't know if that's what happened to you but I wouldn't trust my four year old memories.

• Like 3

Maybe since you were looking through the window, they were just normal sized people just really far away?

• Like 5

Since the OP hasn't replied back yet but has logged back in I would say it's just another user with a made up story. (What am I saying? Of coarse there isn't a population of tiny people that walk along window panes.)

• Like 3

whether it was trauma related or not, i don't know but i do believe this:

you imagined it with your four year old brain

• Like 4

I haven't made up a story for a forum. Whether I made what I saw up in my head when I was younger, I do not know. Obviously I've come to the wrong place though. I did think there'd be a little more open mindedness.

Cheers n , I'm out.

I haven't made up a story for a forum. Whether I made what I saw up in my head when I was younger, I do not know. Obviously I've come to the wrong place though. I did think there'd be a little more open mindedness.

Cheers n , I'm out.

We are open minded. Do you really think it's a possibility that tiny little men exist? Would you think that is more likely or a child's over active imagination?

• Like 3

besides, there have been several legit suggestions to the cause... not all negative responses

75% of the worlds population believe there's a big man in the sky. It is just as absurd.

But a god is something that can never be proven true or false. A biological creature can. No evidence even comes close to tiny men. No bones ever found, no photos, nothing except stories.

I don't know much about biology but it even might be impossible for a tiny human like creature to even exist, just like giants.

What makes you so sure that they exist?

• Like 1

What are you searching for? Answers to which aspect of this?

1) Do little people exist? Probably not, but never say never.

2) What caused me to see little people on the window seal? a) they were real B) they were a hallucination c) they are a false memory (like you combined laying in bed looking at people do something and that car commercial where the little people tie up the big man) d) they were a dream either then or now or between revisited e) they were a coping mechanism f) they were a child's immagination

3) What is the root cause of this?

4) Why does it matter now?

I knew someone once who was strung out on Meth. He talked about the "shadow people". I remember him saying they were behind the fridge but not to bother with moving it cause then they'd just move behind the stove. He eventually got clean.....

• Like 1

To begin with, it's a window SILL, not seal.

As to your story, I think the key word in it is that you were "sleeping".

• Like 1

Cheers n , I'm out.

Your original post relates a vision you had as a very young child which you, yourself compare to Little Bo-peep and her sheep. You asked for "any ideas?"

Members gave you ideas...which it appears you don't like.

Seems to me that you simply related your story here in order to gain some validation for it.

What did you want to hear? You have strong psychic abilities and you had a vision of the past or future?

• Like 2

Cheers n , I'm out.

openmindedness, as in automatic belief in what you posted? openmindedness as in it's possible that there are such things as little people who walk on window sills?

let me point out to you that being openminded is fine when there is some basis for that benefit of the doubt, but there is absolutely nothing in this world to suggest that there is a population of little people walking around single file on people's windows.

as for being in the wrong place, what exactly were you expecting when you posted this? someone to come on and say yes i see those people too, yes i believe your outlandish story even though there is no reason to whatsoever?

you need to go to a site where there is no critical thinking going on if you want that sort of response.

• Like 2

I'm not criticizing the idea that it was all my imagination. I just wondered if there was another possibility. And sorry about the spelling mistake.

I honestly came on here thinking "what the ****" about a childhood memory. My father used to hold a knife to my mums throat, and a shotgun to her head, therefore I DID THINK it was a possibility that I could have made up these random people in response to my feelings at the time. Now that it has been suggested, I think it could quite possibly be the answer I am looking for. No, I am not looking for a response, in which someone replies that they also have a population of miniature people walking across their window sill, however I am asking for ideas. Imagination, hallucination or whatever you can come up with. I do stand by the fact that there were no illicit drugs around and any prescribed were safely out of reach of my 4 year old hands. I don't mean to sound as if I KNOW they were there because I can't guarantee they were, but at the same Id prefer not to be advised to lay off of **** or told that I was sleeping.. Because I know damn well that that was not the circumstances. I'll delete this anyway, as I can't see there being other reasonable ideas.

I DID THINK it was a possibility that I could have made up these random people

I'll delete this anyway, as I can't see there being other reasonable ideas.

Answered your own question there?

There has been plenty of other reasonable ideas,

Thanks,