Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Alien life could be discovered within 40 yrs

alien martin rees

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,980 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

The question of whether alien life exists could be answered within 40 years, according to the Queen's astronomer.

Martin Rees, former president of the Royal Society, said evidence of whether beings exist not only beyond earth but beyond our solar system, could be found in that time, a newspaper reported.

Lord Rees said he believed that astro-physicists could be able to view images of distant planets outside the solar system as soon as 2025. This could potentially lead to the discovery of some form of life them.

http://www.telegraph...astronomer.html

Posted Image

#2    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

oh how lovelly, we could be the watchers... instead of the watched. ;)

#3    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,771 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Cue hordes of litigation tricksters with mountains of law suits for invasion of alien privacy....

#4    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

As usual, the civilian scientists just don't know that it already has been discovered, or more correctly that it discovered us a long time ago,

#5    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,969 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

He's just a measly astronomer. Next comes a book, I'm sure.

"The respected SETI Institute", LMAO!

Edited by Sweetpumper, 07 September 2012 - 03:31 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#6    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Or, if we are alone in this part of the galaxy we might NEVER find ET.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#7    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,147 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostHazzard, on 07 September 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Infinitely more likely.

p.s. After watching the 'Horizon' documentary that tried to explain how big the universe is you can't help but feel that we are effectively alone, & I believe that a failure to even begin to grasp the incredible distances involved is what gives 'ufologist' false hope.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 07 September 2012 - 03:54 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#8    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 07 September 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

He's just a measly astronomer. Next comes a book, I'm sure.

"The respected SETI Institute", LMAO!

I doubt that they could detect any aliens if they even got a phone call from them.  LOL

View PostHazzard, on 07 September 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

'
I think they're already here and that they've been here a long, long time.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 07 September 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#9    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

And there it is again.  I think we have also been picking up these ET signals for many years, for decades even, which in addition to all the thousands of very good UFO reports is yet more proof that we are the ones who have already been detected.

#10    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

And Prof. Kaku says that alien life should be kept Top Secret, just on national security grounds.  Well, he may or may not know that many of his colleagues who were associated with the military and intelligence agencies arrived at that conclusion many decades ago, and for the same reasons: panic, crazy and weird reactions from the John Q. Publics, threats to law, order, social stability and the financial markets, etc, etc.

Prof Kaku thinks it a matter of national security rather than freedom of speech, and I used to think the same way myself.  It was second nature to me that I would think like that.  I believe he has also arrived at the conclusion that just because ETs have advanced technology that does not necessarily make them friendly--far from it.

Kaku thinks that predators are always much smarter than prey, and that anything that evolved on its own out there is likely to be predatory, although I agree with him that we are not a food source for them and that they do not need resources here since those can be found in many other places.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 07 September 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#11    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm not the only one who thinks that this 1977 signal might have been an answer to the 1974 transmission that we sent out from the Araceibo telescope, which means that it might have been picked out by someone much closer rather than a couple hundred light years away like they think.

This poster thinks he can hear real speech in the Wow signal by raising the pitch by 50, although I'm not so sure about that at all.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 07 September 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#12    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

And when The End comes, you'll all be grateful that I posted helpful advice like this short video.  LOL

#13    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 07 September 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

I think they're already here and that they've been here a long, long time.

There is nothing wrong with opinions and belief, but, when it comes to this sort of thing, I want to know, rather than "think" they exist.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#14    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostHazzard, on 07 September 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

There is nothing wrong with opinions and belief, but, when it comes to this sort of thing, I want to know, rather than "think" they exist.

I think I do know.

#15    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

As Prof. Kaku said, no one could identify what this object was.  Not a star, galaxy, asteroid or comet, and I think the theory about the collision of two asteroids is very lame.  It was a real UFO and basically they never could explain it, but they'd rather say it was anything else than something ET.  They'd rather say it was my dead uncle driving around his Cadillac out there than an alien spaceship--and a very large one at that.  

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By ufonuts in I believe, on 09 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

40 Years?????, Duh, most normal Human Beings already know Aliens exist, how Moronic is this guy?

What is wrong with some people?...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users