Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Obama As You've Never Seen Him

EllJay

President Barack Obama getting emotional when he thanked the staff at his campaign headquarters in Chicago.

Barack Obama teared up while delivering an emotional speech to his team at campaign headquarters in Chicago the day after he was re-elected as US president. He spoke about how he got into politics and thanked those present for their work.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k01Q6DXayVo[/media]

President Obama made a surprise visit to the campaign office in Chicago yesterday to give a heartfelt thank-you to staff and volunteers.

I wanted to pass this video along, because it's a message every single person who helped build this campaign deserves to see. He wasn't just talking to those of us in the office—he was talking to all of you.

In his speech on Election Night, President Obama gave you all the title you have spent the last year and a half earning: "The best campaign team and volunteers in the history of politics."

"You are so much better than I was, in so many ways," he said. "You're smarter, more organised, more effective. I'm absolutely confident that all of you are going to do amazing things."

"Even before last night's results, I felt that the work that I'd begun by running for office had come full circle because the work that you've done means that the work that I'm doing is improved. And I'm really proud of that. I'm really proud of all of you."

"Whatever good we do over the next four years will pale in comparison to what you guys end up accomplishing for years and years to come. And that's my source of hope."

Democratic political advisers, in a conference call with reporters on Thursday, said they would be discussing with his supporters how to move on, but suggested that potential party candidates in future elections could not assume the Obama ground apparatus would automatically be at their disposal.

"You just can't transfer this," said David Plouffe, a senior White House adviser who managed Obama's campaign four years ago.

"People are not going to spend hours away from their families and their jobs, contributing financially when it's hard for them to do it unless they believe in the candidate."

"For candidates who want to try and build a grassroots campaign, it's not going to happen because there is a list or because you have the best technology. That's not how this works," Plouffe said.

"They have to build up that kind of emotional appeal so that people are willing to go out there and spend the time and their resources and provide their talents because they believe in someone and in what you're offering," he said.

"The only reason that all this happened on the ground - whether it was 08 or this time … was because they believed in Barack Obama."

whoopty do...Boener got all teared up as well...I don't respect guys that cry...they're woosies...yeah, no offense to you guys who cry...that's just the way it is...

• Like 3

I wouldn't have expected any other kind of answer from you.

Have a nice day! ‹^›‹(•¿•)›‹^›

• Like 6

I wouldn't have expected any other kind of answer from you.

Have a nice day! ‹^›‹(•¿•)›‹^›

now, now, if you need a shoulder to cry on you know you can always count on...uh...well, I'm sure you'll find someone...not mine...but there IS a shoulder out there for you somewhere... :)

• Like 1

Don't believe the faked emotions! I read on a magazine in the supermarket checkout line that Obama stole money from his school when he was a kid!!

• Like 3

Don't believe the faked emotions! I read on a magazine in the supermarket checkout line that Obama stole money from his school when he was a kid!!

Yeah, that's where I go when I want to get to the bottom of things, the Star and the Enquirer. Their research is second to none, really. That's a continuum, second to none.

• Like 3

President Obama As You've Never Seen Him

competent, forthright, engaged ...

Edited by Vein Capital

now, now, if you need a shoulder to cry on you know you can always count on...uh...well, I'm sure you'll find someone...not mine...but there IS a shoulder out there for you somewhere... :)

I figured you would be hogging that shoulder to cry on.. considering the fact your man lost lol What was it you cried out ..We're doomed !!! :P

whoopty do...Boener got all teared up as well...I don't respect guys that cry...they're woosies...yeah, no offense to you guys who cry...that's just the way it is...

That is just a big load of bullcrap. Crying is one of the most honest and natural emotional reactions. It can come in many forms and has nothing to do with being wimpy.

Swallowing your emotions down and keeping a fake rock hard facade, and even more to do so because you should "be a man", is silly and weak.

Let it all out, guys!

PS: I have no respect for guys saying "no offense" after clearly offending people. You should stand behind you words. Be a man!

• Like 2

Im crying to. My country just re-elected a murderer, who hates everthing this country is suppose to represent.

• Like 2

That is just a big load of bullcrap. Crying is one of the most honest and natural emotional reactions. It can come in many forms and has nothing to do with being wimpy.

Swallowing your emotions down and keeping a fake rock hard facade, and even more to do so because you should "be a man", is silly and weak.

Let it all out, guys!

PS: I have no respect for guys saying "no offense" after clearly offending people. You should stand behind you words. Be a man!

Here...have a tissue! Swallowing your emotions down is what guys do that get 'all choked up'. Getting all choked up on emotion is for sissy's...here have another tissue...as a matter of fact...emotion is for sissy's! What the hell, take the whole damn box...let it all out guy...here comes Eljay...share some tissues with him...

• Like 1

Here...have a tissue! Swallowing your emotions down is what guys do that get 'all choked up'. Getting all choked up on emotion is for sissy's...here have another tissue...as a matter of fact...emotion is for sissy's! What the hell, take the whole damn box...let it all out guy...here comes Eljay...share some tissues with him...

I don't need it.Thank you. But I am not afraid of my emotions.

• Like 2

Men aren't allowed to cry?

What century do you live in? What out dated society do you think you belong too?

This statement is just so...stupid. That I cannot even comprehend.

Emotions are for sissys? I mean damn happiness! Screw excitement or anger! I shall live my entire life with a neutral expression on my face!

Seriously you have to be trolling.

Edited by Kazoo
  • Like 5

Men aren't allowed to cry?

What century do you live in? What out dated society do you think you belong too?

Emotions are for sissys? I mean damn happiness! Screw excitement or anger! I shall live my entire life with a neutral expression on my face!

Seriously you have to be trolling.

*sigh*

Here you go...

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image

The only woosie/s is the one/s that CANNOT show their true feeling's, whatever those feeling's are, whether they be Joy/happiness, sad, excitement, anger etc etc.... (in my opinion)

• Like 1

Good grief; the man has been campaigning steadily for more than 4 years. He is exhausted. I don't blame him for getting emotional. If the people on "the hill" in Washington can't learn to get along and play like good boys and girls, this whole country is going down the drain. It's foolish to keep name calling and pointing fingers in every direction when the ship of state is sinking and they should be bailing water with all their might.

• Like 2

Good grief; the man has been campaigning steadily for more than 4 years. He is exhausted. I don't blame him for getting emotional. If the people on "the hill" in Washington can't learn to get along and play like good boys and girls, this whole country is going down the drain. It's foolish to keep name calling and pointing fingers in every direction when the ship of state is sinking and they should be bailing water with all their might.

Some of us thought it might be a good idea to get rid of the guy that is steadily drilling huge holes in the bottom of an already sinking ship...but hell...what do we know...

...Grab a bucket Androv...keep bailing...maybe we'll make it to port before *snip* sinks us all...

Good grief; the man has been campaigning steadily for more than 4 years. :nw::tu:

Edited by Saru
Removed flame

Well, he is still there, so time for all of us to start bailing double time. Whining about it won't do a bit of good.

So true...When anyone writes anything that stupid, I developed a new ability - face palming while laughing at the same time lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom

All this hub-bub over a man shedding a tear. Honestly, I thought people had moved beyond the notion that men don't/can't express emotions? It's the 21st century already.

• Like 5

~~~ ... I don't respect guys that cry...they're woosies...yeah, no offense to you guys who cry...that's just the way it is...

Joc, why don't you respect men who, at times, show emotions? Have you never shed a tear in public?

Edited to add: May I suggest to anybody who claims that they never shed a tear; hire the DVD, Red Dog. :tu:

Here is a review

Edited by Karlis
  • Like 2

Real men cry..... It shows they are human and can show emotions... When they cried at birth, it showed they were alive

• Like 1

Conan (not the red-head) was so badass, he had to have other guys cry for him. Now that is how it's supposed to be. lol

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1