Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coca Cola Light

The Drake

I heard that they use Coca Cola Light for balseming (or whatever, something with death people) and that it can be harmfull for people to drink it. I'm familiar with the "it can disolve rust and other things" myths that are proven false. But what about this one. Is it a myth or is it the truth?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tari

• ex infernis

• Azalin

I heard that they use Coca Cola Light for balseming (or whatever, something with death people) and that it can be harmfull for people to drink it. I'm familiar with the "it can disolve rust and other things" myths that are proven false. But what about this one. Is it a myth or is it the truth?

I don't know what "balseming" is. :(

I think he means embalming? When you preserve the bodies of the dead. Mummifying.

hey, at least when you're dead you can have a refreshing drink. Seriously though this sounds highly doubtful. Who would use a soft drink for embalming?

user posted image

Embalming is a specific, regulated practice(at least in the U.S.) The solutions used for this are standardized and approved. Coca-Cola is not, nor will ever be, one of them.

The sweetener used in light drinks is proven to increase hunger. I also believe that studies have shown an increased risk of cancer due to the sweetener, and it is just as likely to cause diabetes.

[Edit] Just realized that this has nothing to do with the thread really. Carry on.

Edited by Khadhul

Diet Cola's include aspartame. When aspartame is heated to the boiling point, it turns into formaldehyde, which is a key ingredient for the liquid that creates the embalming process. This is true, and studies have proven that this can lead to brain rot, or higher chances of cancer.

I'm glad that I like to drink Dr. Pepper! :P

The high levels of sodium (salt) in light drinks actually cause the cells to hold more water. Water retention is a form of weight gain.

And I have heard that the formaldehyde can cause MS-like symptoms.

The high levels of sodium (salt) in light drinks actually cause the cells to hold more water. Water retention is a form of weight gain.

And I have heard that the formaldehyde can cause MS-like symptoms.

In the inner cities here people put formaldehyde over mint leaves and sell it in "nickle bags" as a form of angel dust known as "wet". I took a bag off a kid who was out off-roading and did not know what is was. A state trooper later explained it to me. That has to be a nasty way to wreck your body. Also I worked with a guy that barely ate but drank 2 liters of diet Coke like it was water. He musta weighed 300 pounds.

Lapi'che

I

Coke does break loose rust. Many farmers including myself keep a spray bottle of it around for breaking loose tie rod ends and altenator brackets on tractors. I also opened a frozen Stevens shotgun with it.

Lapi'che

I don't think it's true. They sell it in Mexico, but I've never tried it.

btw-

user posted image

:lol:

Edited by riotboy555

I am pretty sure it is an ingredient in the nutrasweet in the diet coke which can turn into formaldehyde, which causes MS-like symptoms...heard that years ago now so I wouldn't know where to locate a link...

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

Coca cola or any soft drink is hard on the body refined sugar products contain no nutrients , they can lead to poor bone health, diabetes, bad teeth kidney problems, sugars are very bad for the body, do you know most kids lose there baby teeth by the age of 6 if they have baby teeth for long sugar literally rots teeth. When food has been refined what that menas is it has no enzymes to be able to digest it so it uses stored enzymes and eventually if you aren't replacing what is being used all kinds of health issues can ensue most health issues IMO are diet related sometimes from not drinking enough water that can cause so many problems i am a vegetarian and am currently studing nutrition, its a serious issue and should not be taken lightly. I think it causes alot of learning problems for kids too. any kind of preservatives lead to allergies skin conditions allergic reactions or unexplained swelling are connected to preservatives. Its a very good idea to use natural organic foods as much as possible adding seaweed into the diet once a week detoxifies the body and lots of water .You can Pm me on any nutrtion questions Namaste Sheri

Edited by Sheri berri

thats cause kids often dont brush there teeth, i've been a soft drink guy for.... I guess about a decade now. and I havent had one single cavity and have fine oral health. :tu:

Coke does break loose rust. Many farmers including myself keep a spray bottle of it around for breaking loose tie rod ends and altenator brackets on tractors. I also opened a frozen Stevens shotgun with it.

Lapi'che

it also works great for getting rid of corosion on your battery cable connectors. it eats that **** up like it was home made pie.

if you MUST have a soda then drink the real thing, skip the diet, as stated earlier it's worse for you even in regards to weight issues

Edited by shanahan2300

This is not good. :no: I drink far too much Coke.

Nutrasweet, really is just Aspartame. A lot of products contain aspartame, and I do my best to avoid it. I find the biggest aspartame products are cola's, and gum.

It's also really good for your lawn supposedly-makes it nice and really green. I also heard that it is bad for your liver.

Its true. My Spanish teacher feeds coke to her spider plant that she has in her room. Its been alive for all the years I've had her and its really nice and green.