Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

America Losing Constitutional Government

Aftermath

It's stuff like this that makes me sick to my stomach. According to the article we are losing our freedoms, our country, little-by-little it's chipped away.

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/phil-kerpen/america-brink-losing-constitutional-form-government-forever

The problem for me is that even though I am distraught there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I voiced my opinion in every election I could i.e., I didn't vote for "x" but I voted for "y".

What can we truly do?

• Like 3

Lets take a quick vote on who wants less democracy.

Nobody showed up to vote.

• Like 1

Somehow, I suspect that the Constitution isn't going away any time soon. It didn't go away during the Civil War, when a number of states tried to make their own Constitution. It didn't collapse during either World War, when citizens were "taken into protective custody" based on nothing more than their ancestry. I agree that it's at a weak point right now, but going off history, there's no reason to think that it won't come back even stronger within three presidential cycles. No previous president or politician has successfully driven the Constitution into the ground, and we've had quite a few bad ones.

If, by some freak of politics and logic, the Constitution does get repealed, the repercussions will be immediate and drastic. The person/organization that would come into power would be deposed within days, if not hours, and a new Constitution would be formed. This new Constitution would almost certainly be even more restrictive of government than our current one, which is still very tight on government. This is all hypothetical, of course, but that's more or less (a very simplified account of) how the country got started.

• Like 1

Somehow, I suspect that the Constitution isn't going away any time soon. It didn't go away during the Civil War, when a number of states tried to make their own Constitution. It didn't collapse during either World War, when citizens were "taken into protective custody" based on nothing more than their ancestry. I agree that it's at a weak point right now, but going off history, there's no reason to think that it won't come back even stronger within three presidential cycles. No previous president or politician has successfully driven the Constitution into the ground, and we've had quite a few bad ones.

If, by some freak of politics and logic, the Constitution does get repealed, the repercussions will be immediate and drastic. The person/organization that would come into power would be deposed within days, if not hours, and a new Constitution would be formed. This new Constitution would almost certainly be even more restrictive of government than our current one, which is still very tight on government. This is all hypothetical, of course, but that's more or less (a very simplified account of) how the country got started.

Why repeal the constitution when you can just ignore it like the current and previous administration? Obama just banned the most common AR ammo because it "could" be used against law enforcement officials. Isn't that in direct contradiction with the second amendment? You know, the one that ensures that citizens have the right to arm themselves against the government and its enforcement arms...

• Like 3

They have been eroding the Constitution for decades, probably centuries. They aren't going to repeal it, just ignore it. They are already ignoring the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments. We have Social Security, the DOE, and ACA, all unconstitutional. They are spying on us without bothering to obtain warrants. They are detaining us without due process. The list goes on and on.

• Like 6

They have been eroding the Constitution for decades, probably centuries. They aren't going to repeal it, just ignore it. They are already ignoring the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments. We have Social Security, the DOE, and ACA, all unconstitutional. They are spying on us without bothering to obtain warrants. They are detaining us without due process. The list goes on and on.

Politics isn't a slippery slope, and in a few generations, people might well be complaining about how little the government protects them. Let's say that the actions of the last, to make up a number, twenty presidents (since McKinley) are provably harmful to society, and will be shown as such. The response of the people will be to start electing weak presidents. Sure, there will always be dissenters in a large enough group, no matter what, but the end result is that the presidency will be weakened. By extension, the Supreme Court will be weakened. Congress will be forced into a figurehead position. Take this to the extreme, and we're back to the robber baron era, where everybody but the government is making their own rules. And then people start to act against them. Call me naive, but I believe that the people of the United States are capable of figuring out what is good for them without being told so, and can and will find a balance between fascism and anarchy.

• Like 2

Politics isn't a slippery slope, and in a few generations, people might well be complaining about how little the government protects them.

So you are saying cull their sires now, yes I like this

Edited by travelnjones

I don't think we need a government. What exactly do they do anyway besides spend our money and get paranoid that the people might take up arms against them. Let chaos reign.

• Like 2

It's death by a thousand cuts. Government will continue to apply more and more controls. Always has, always will.

And why are we losing our liberty? Because we're scared.

We're scared of people in the other party, of the other religion, with the other ideology, on the other continent, under the other government. We must be the most scared population on the planet.

As long as fear enables the policy, we will be groped for the rest of our lives.

• Like 8

Why repeal the constitution when you can just ignore it like the current and previous administration? Obama just banned the most common AR ammo because it "could" be used against law enforcement officials. Isn't that in direct contradiction with the second amendment? You know, the one that ensures that citizens have the right to arm themselves against the government and its enforcement arms...

Are you sure Obama banned bullets? According to snopes this is something the ATF wanted and Obama hasn't done this.

While it's true that the ATF proposed a ban on "green tip" ammunition in February 2015, President Obama was not involved through executive action of any description. The ATF described the proposal as the result of a long-term examination, several years in the making, of whether the ammunition fit the criteria for an exemption for sporting purposes:

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ammoban.asp#mQekD6se77FObWA0.99

• Like 1

It's stuff like this that makes me sick to my stomach. According to the article we are losing our freedoms, our country, little-by-little it's chipped away.

http://cnsnews.com/c...ernment-forever

The problem for me is that even though I am distraught there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I voiced my opinion in every election I could i.e., I didn't vote for "x" but I voted for "y".

What can we truly do?

Maybe if we had a real choice when it comes to elections something would get done that is good for this country for a change. For starters they could change the law so being born here doesn't automatically make you a citizen. One parent should be a citizen to begin with.

Are you sure Obama banned bullets? According to snopes this is something the ATF wanted and Obama hasn't done this.

Firstly, when you say "according to snopes" you are really saying "according to an elderly couple and their cat" (really, look it up).

Second, I got the info from Nut'n fancy youtube channel who does product reviews for outdoor equipment. I'm not entirely sure how the ammo was banned, just that the ban is unconstitutional

• Like 1

Lol snopes is actually pretty consistent. So there is not much of a concern who puts it up.

Are you crazy? You can't use logic when Obama hatin'.

• Like 1

Are you crazy? You can't use logic when Obama hatin'.

I hate every president equally.

Anyway, i found this in a recent article which might shed some light on the topic

Obama to ban bullets by executive action, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle

http://www.washingto...article/2560750

"The Obama administration was unable to ban America's most popular sporting rifle through the legislative process, so now it's trying to ban commonly owned and used ammunition through regulation," said Chris W. Cox,
Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 3

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/02/foghorn/atf-moves-ban-m855-ss109-5-56-ammunition/

A more precise page about the atf ban

I hate every president equally.

Anyway, i found this in a recent article which might shed some light on the topic

Obama to ban bullets by executive action, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle

http://www.washingto...article/2560750

Rhetoric see above link

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

http://www.thetrutha...-56-ammunition/

A more precise page about the atf ban

Rhetoric see above link

Is there a reason why the ATF is using a decades old law regarding handguns as a justification to get rid of one of the most common rifle rounds used in the US? I guess it's just a coincidence that this round is used in the same type of weapons that the current administration tried to ban?

• Like 1

Lol snopes is actually pretty consistent. So there is not much of a concern who puts it up.

Well, According to Snopes they are

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 3

Is there a reason why the ATF is using a decades old law regarding handguns as a justification to get rid of one of the most common rifle rounds used in the US? I guess it's just a coincidence that this round is used in the same type of weapons that the current administration tried to ban?

They are not banning 556 altogether only the green tip

Well, According to Snopes they are

Yet I confirmed the facts with my link. So thats a non-starter

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/phil-kerpen/america-brink-losing-constitutional-form-government-forever

What can we truly do?

Back on topic. What can you do? I'd say vote for independent candidates only. Apart from that I can't think of anything else to change the situation

They are not banning 556 altogether only the green tip

Correct. Which is a very small percentage of the 5.56 ammo sold annually. Here's a pretty thorough article on the issue:

http://www.al.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2015/03/what_ar-15_ammo_is_in_the_batf.html

And, no, Obama hasn't banned anything at this point. In fact, the ATF is still taking public comment on the document in question.

• Like 1

Two key hallmarks throughout history for determining if you were under totalitarianism was the ability of the regime to go to war whenever it pleased, and to remove privacy.

Adolf Hitler is your best recent example of this. The only difference is, our genocide is more carefully concealed, and spread out over a longer period of time.

Instead of the gas chamber, we killed by placing more weapons into the hands of people on earth than any other entity in the history of mankind. Our hands are covered in blood as a result of this lucrative business.

Further, we don't just spy on our own people, we are vacuuming up the private conversations and affairs of people worldwide.

All the state will need to remove what freedom we have left, would be a well-placed nuclear device or two, in a couple of large metropolitan areas.

Sheep are happily led by dragons.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Instead of the gas chamber, we killed by placing more weapons into the hands of people on earth than any other entity in the history of mankind. Our hands are covered in blood as a result of this lucrative business.

You sure about this? Seems like a there are lot of AK-47s in the world.

• Like 1