Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Mans stage 4 cancer,goes away

Simbi Laveau

http://www.huffingto...131483.html?ir=

A man with stage 4 cancer,who had months to live,completely recovers,while restoring and refurbishing a small chapel he found in the woods .

Uncomfortable agnostic: "That was almost... well, religiously confirming."

Refurbishing a small chapel; "Lillies of the Field" - best film, 1963. Watch it once in your life, or, burn in h - e - double hockeysticks.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Its just beautiful story about finding God on the steps of a chruch that was falling apart.

• Like 1

Its just beautiful story about finding God on the steps of a chruch that was falling apart.

Yeah, 'just'. Dibs for movie rights!

I felt bad the dog didnt make it .

Oh!... if the dog doesn't make it, I don't wanna hear about it.

• Like 1

It is sad the dog died, because heart worm is preventable.

I wouldn't say the guy is cured, he is in remission, which is good. Doing things that give you purpose can be very helpful in face of illness. I know that from my own experience with my M.S.

• Like 1

At various times in our lives many of us find ourselves searching.

That time came three years ago for Greg Thomas. "When I found out that I had cancer, they told my family to go ahead and start planning my funeral."

Diagnosed with stage 4 head and neck cancer at the age of 57, then let go from his propane delivery job, Thomas began passing the hours on long walks from his home alone with his dog and his thoughts.

"It's a nightmare you can't wake up out of," he recalls.

Then the daily walks down a gravel road led him to the wood-framed country church that would change his life.

http://www.kare11.co...bandoned-church

A heart warming story. Good luck to him :yes:

David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty go away.

I remember reading about a person who had a stomach ulcer, was given only a few months to live by doctors. He decided to live the last of his life happily. But it turns out tat he recovered from the ulcer in the end.

This seems to be the same as this article?

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=237862

Edited by Mnemonix

I find that there are more miraculouse recoveries without or with less kimo. I think with really bad cancers, I'll take my chances with the cancer and other alternatives.

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be1ihuZNg84&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.huffingto...131483.html?ir=

A man with stage foie cancer,who had months to live,completely recovers,while restoring and refurbishing a small chapel he found in the woods .

Many people dont know how cancer works.

The vast majority of chemotherapy drugs target cell mechanisms activated by starvation. In essense putting in a lot of physical activity (expending calories) may well have triggered a starvation response in his cells even if he was being properly fed. Lots of his cancer cells then self destructed.

I find that there are more miraculouse recoveries without or with less kimo. I think with really bad cancers, I'll take my chances with the cancer and other alternatives.

;)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be1ihuZNg84&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

Except if you read the article you'd see the guy was being treated with chemo and radiation therapies. It also notes he had an NG tube for the past three years--Obviously someone get lots of medical intervention. Also note, he is in remission--Not cured. It also doesn't note what type of "head and neck" cancer he had. There are cancers that have great remission rates, some cancers are even amenable to outright cures. Some cancers are far, far more aggressive than others. And even aggressive cancers, like say stage IV small cell lung cancer (with a 5 year survival rate of 15%), still have people that beat odds for a time.

I'd chalk this up to the marvels of modern secular medical science. And if you're ever diagnosed with cancer, that's who I'd throw my lot in with if I were you.

Since I know you read a lot, here is some reading to enlighten yourself about Burzynski:

Link 1 (Science based medicine)

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Displaying no symptoms of cancer does not indicate that he is free of cancer completely.

For those curious as to what remission means...

http://cancer.about.com/od/newlydiagnosed/f/cancerremission.htm

Question: What is cancer remission?

Answer: Cancer remission is often thought to mean that the cancer has been cured. However, this is not always true.

There are different classifications of remission - complete and partial remission.

Complete remission means that there are no signs or symptoms of cancer. This can mean the cancer has been cured, or cancer may still be present in the body.

Partial remission refers to the point when few signs and symptoms of cancer remain, however there is a noticeable decrease of cancer cells.

Except if you read the article you'd see the guy was being treated with chemo and radiation therapies. It also notes he had an NG tube for the past three years--Obviously someone get lots of medical intervention. Also note, he is in remission--Not cured. It also doesn't note what type of "head and neck" cancer he had. There are cancers that have great remission rates, some cancers are even amenable to outright cures. Some cancers are far, far more aggressive than others. And even aggressive cancers, like say stage IV small cell lung cancer (with a 5 year survival rate of 15%), still have people that beat odds for a time.

I'd chalk this up to the marvels of modern secular medical science. And if you're ever diagnosed with cancer, that's who I'd throw my lot in with if I were you.

Since I know you read a lot, here is some reading to enlighten yourself about Burzynski:

Link 1 (Science based medicine)

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

So copa... Haveing watched the documentary right? Im hopeing you have an intelligent rebuttal.., point by point would be nice... But I understand that you are a student. Why should we not consider brzynskies option a viable alternative to ... Well radiation in the brain of a five year old?

Studies sponsored by a billion dollar industry have little pull with my opinion. You are med student... I have degrees in business and economics... You understand.., don't you?

Really copa, I would think you not ready to quote Somone who uses something like quakwatch as a source and then put ( science based medicine in pranthasies)

Where as you exist in the medical field ( controlled by associations... Don't deni it) I exist in a place that is ready to be as skeptical of them as they are of others. And i am ready to listen to or deni fallaciouse dogmas.., are you.. Really. You know you won't have a job if you do ;)

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another tale of Coincidence..oh and he was receiving treatment wasn't he? Remission isn't a cure, it's a stall - after 5 years, he will be deemed 'cured' if he remains cancer free.

It just so happens that when religion or faith is attached to a 'miraculous' recovery that god gets all the credit and not the doctors and surgeons who actually did the work. Also important to note that a positive mind and attitude is very important when going through such an illness as cancer as it keeps the body active and the conscious clear which can only be good for the body.

I read about a man in the 60's who, upon finding out he had cancer and having about 6 months to live, stuck to a diet of fruit, seeds and natural plants and went walking and trekking up mountains and meditated - he found out later that his cancer had completely gone into remission. He lived for another 20 years before it returned.

Here too - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-171377/A-change-diet-cured-cancer.html