Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rand Paul: Obama thinks he's a King

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,729 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostStellar, on 19 January 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

"might might might". Come back when rmtge 2nd has ACTUALLY been infringed, not when it "might" be infringed in some hypothetical situation that only you can tie to one of the EOs.
Gun hating liberals need to understand that the time to defend our rights is while we still have them.   If we wait until ACTUALLY being infringed is in the rear view mirror, it'll be too late.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#32    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,303 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostYamato, on 19 January 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Gun hating liberals need to understand that the time to defend our rights is while we still have them.   If we wait until ACTUALLY being infringed is in the rear view mirror, it'll be too late.

You need to understand that either those who like guns help to solve the current untenable situation or the liberals will.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#33    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,711 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postninjadude, on 18 January 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

yeah rand paul is one of the more crazy tea party nut jobs.

A little too much kool-aide there man, you seriously need to lay off for a while.

#34    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,972 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hugh Jackman was awesome in Les Mis :tu:

#35    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

So - to summarize - there is no single concrete example of second amendment rights being infringed by these executive orders.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#36    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostTiggs, on 19 January 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Which part of the second amendment do you believe that his executive orders have undermined?

It was just a general statement. As in saying the subject the EO's is dealing with is sensitive.

Although, I dislike how doctors can ask if you have guns in our homes and contradict doctor-patient confidentiality.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#37    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,729 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostTiggs, on 19 January 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

So - to summarize - there is no single concrete example of second amendment rights being infringed by these executive orders.
It's all rear view mirror limiting one's thinking to "these" executive orders.

In order to understand definitions of words correctly, we consult the dictionary.   Infringe: Act so as to limit or undermine something; encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".  Gun control places limits on guns, obviously.  I think that's agreeable enough for everyone here.   We let states determine matters of our life and death; leave this media-fed issue around inanimate objects in the hands of the states too.   This is going easy on the media-fear-mongered gun controllers by ignoring the fact that the 2nd Amendment applies to cities and states too.  

Now that we've gotten our definitions out of the way, my major contention is to stop letting fiscally irresponsible mass murdering hypocrites who can't figure out how to pay their own bills run up even more bills to control "the guns" that aren't murdering anybody.  The States pay their bills.  They're responsible because they don't have the magic bipartisan printing press.   That is the rational (affordable) source of funding for our ideas, whatever they may be.

This whole legal initiative about guns needs to be turned completely upside down on its head.    We need to control Uncle Sam's guns.  And letting Uncle Sam disarm us because of a few sensational media events in the wake of fear isn't any manner of logical prerequisite to doing that.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#38    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,729 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 January 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

You need to understand that either those who like guns help to solve the current untenable situation or the liberals will.
I'm not aware of an untenable situation.  Violent crime is at a 20+ year low in this country.  You mean that one?   Or this liberal sensationalism dependent on the fear created by a single media story you want to use as the false pretense to jam your liberal gruel down everyone's throats you don't politically agree with?  

Dream on.  The "untenable situation" is of your own making.

Edited by Yamato, 19 January 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#39    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostEonwe, on 19 January 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

It was just a general statement. As in saying the subject the EO's is dealing with is sensitive.

Although, I dislike how doctors can ask if you have guns in our homes and contradict doctor-patient confidentiality.

I believe it's already fairly standard practice for psychiatrists to ask patients that question as part of a suicide risk assessment.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#40    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,729 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Banning this gun infringes on our 2nd Amendment rights.   Just because government guns have grown far more deadly isn't a reason to disarm private citizens of more deadly guns.  On the contrary, it's a reason to arm them once we understand the spirit of our own law.  

Posted Image

#41    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

President=King??? I do not see the resemblance.

Posted Image

#42    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostTiggs, on 19 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

I believe it's already fairly standard practice for psychiatrists to ask patients that question as part of a suicide risk assessment.

I understand that, and that sounds like a sensible policy. They want to make sure if there are any other people living in the house, if there is a gun, it is locked up and put away. But simultaneously, that leaves room for sane people to be hailed as insane; gun ownership to be treated as a disease. Obamacare and its coincidence with the Executive Orders allow that possibility.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#43    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostYamato, on 19 January 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Now that we've gotten our definitions out of the way, my major contention is to stop letting fiscally irresponsible mass murdering hypocrites who can't figure out how to pay their own bills run up even more bills to control "the guns" that aren't murdering anybody.  The States pay their bills.  They're responsible because they don't have the magic bipartisan printing press.   That is the rational (affordable) source of funding for our ideas, whatever they may be.

The States can afford to pay their bills because there's a central bank that protects their fiscal interests on the world stage. Not to mention that rather large redistribution of income from the richest states to the poorest ones.

Remove the Federal government and you'll just create Fifty new central banks with fifty new magic bipartisan printing presses run by fifty new dictatorships.

HERE
Posted Image

#44    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,942 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostEonwe, on 19 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

I understand that, and that sounds like a sensible policy. They want to make sure if there are any other people living in the house, if there is a gun, it is locked up and put away. But simultaneously, that leaves room for sane people to be hailed as insane; gun ownership to be treated as a disease. Obamacare and its coincidence with the Executive Orders allow that possibility.

But this isn't new.

The executive order is just a clarification that the current position will be continuing.

HERE
Posted Image

#45    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

You're right. Fight for your rights and accuse those you're fighting of taking them away before anyone's actually done anything wrong :rolleyes:

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users