Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

What's a random thing that scares you?

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#76    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,990 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Paying for yet another Christmas.  I've had enough Christmasses, fgs.  :(

Edited by Eldorado, 13 October 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#77    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Putting in eye drops.  Always scared that the actual content was replaced with bleach or some awful chemical and it will blind me grotesquely.  (like a scary movie where someones eyes are scooped out)
'
Sometimes I even feel like they are burning and freak out even though I know its all good.

Edited by John Rayne, 13 October 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#78    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

politicians ( regardless of party )

internet trolls

and those people who are so religious that they can't see the light through their hatrid of everyone that doesn't believe as they do

#79    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, I never know how to handle the super-religious. They are right up there with my fear of the visually-mentally unstable people. I work at a huge grocery chain part time and I made the off hand comment about "why would a caveman eat that plant and decide it was food" about the spring salad mix, and my manager started spouting off "God made the bitter herb" thing in a huge loud holier-than-thou voice...because they hate cave men....and the mere mention of one, in a humorous context... was enough to cause a knee jerk reaction of bible spout. Yes, I jumped. Scared the crap out of me.

Posted Image

#80    mogwaikitten

mogwaikitten

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

For some reason I'm completely terrified of the movie the Dark Crystal as a kid I'd watch and start feeling nausea and sick to my stomach. To this day I can't watch BC I start to have some sort of panic attack.

#81    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Living in the Land of Spiders, just sitting here on my computer expecting a dinner-plate to crawl up the wall from behind my monitor :(

Edited by Skeptic Chicken, 16 October 2012 - 03:19 PM.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#82    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,746 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

The Patriot Act and the NDAA scare the beejeebees out of me.

Loss of the US Constitution and US Bill of rights scares the beejeebees out of me.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#83    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

:w00t: Seeing a photo of the exwife

Edited by wolfknight, 16 October 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#84    Mantis914

Mantis914

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 16 October 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

:w00t: Seeing a photo of the exwife

I think you win the prize...   In my case, I take a look at my ex and say, "Dang, what was I drinking???"  She was pretty, at first, but talk about Jekyl and Hyde, geez...

#85    Mantis914

Mantis914

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 13 October 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

The ones we have in se Texas you can actually hear the big ones walking across our faux wood floors. Seriously. I was watching TV late one night and kept hearing clickclickclick......clickclickclick..... I'd turn down the TV and listen. Nothing. Go back to watching TV and clickclickclick.....clickclickclick..... both dogs asleep, not them. I finally figured which room it was coming from and found the culprit. I happen to like insects a lot,  but I am still not a fan of a big cockroach running around my house, so out he went.  Another night I kept hearing papers rustling. One was upside down on it's back under the papers wiggling it's legs. They die quick in the Air Conditioning.
And they are very big and fly.
Fortunately they prefer to be outside, they are not like the usual ones that infest your kitchen.

One apartment I was living in with my ex, ugh, I'll never forget this...

I was laying sideways across our bed and reading a book when I kept feeling something tickling my left forearm.  I looked but didn't see anything.  A minute later, this time felt like a bite and then tickle, so I lifted my arm up and there was a *spam filter*roach latched onto my arm.  I fell back off the bed one way and the roach fell off and went the other and it was all out war after that.  I finally got it after chasing his little flying butt around a good 5 minutes then rinsed my arm off good with alcohol and turpentine and anything else I could find.  I kept scratching all day feeling roaches crawling on me after that...  normally, I'm not at all bothered by bugs but this was a giant roach.  I'm sure he bit me before we got a good look at each other and then fell off the bed.

#86    Mantis914

Mantis914

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostEldorado, on 07 October 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Opening the window blinds to see a face looking in at me.

I have a story about this one too...
I went to go visit my aunt in New Mexico at her ranch and upon the first morning waking there, we had left the windows open because the air was fresh and cool.  Well, apparently the cows wanted to see what's cookin' and when I woke up in the morning, there was a big cow face looking right at me as the bed was right next to the window.  I don't remember who freaked out more, me or the cow...

#87    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 13 October 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

that sounds like a june bug.  there were some big bugs there, but I don't remember the roaches being that big when i was in texas ( san antonio) in 78 through 82.  i must have been lucky cause i don't like roaches.

No, they are roaches. And they are very common here. When you kill one it's like "murder". haha

From wondercide.com: A great description
"This time of year in Texas means Wood Roaches.
There’s nothing more terrifying for me than walking into the bathroom, turning the light on, and seeing a cockroach the size of my cat’s head take off across the bathtub. This is not the kind of thing you want to see when you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. They’re terrifying.
Worst of all, they have the capacity to fly a short distance – so get too close to one, and it might fly right at your face. That is NO way to start a morning. Trust me from experience – fighting wood roaches is worth it not to have to see this stuff
If you’re like me, these things scare the living daylights out of you. And that’s okay – it’s a giant cockroach. But truthfully, wood roaches aren’t even really going to snack on anything in your house – or you. They eat rotting trees and wood, and likely just found their way into your abode while doing their thing in the wooden structure (i.e., the walls) of your home or apartment. Not comforting, I know.
I feel bad killing these guys, because they’re technically not bad for you (other than the mild heart attack you experience when you see one in the middle of the night). They like wood. They don’t get into your trash like German cockroaches, dragging nasty diseases and general awfulness all over your house. They’re harmless. They won’t bite you. They won’t hurt you. They’re just pests.

If you’ve ever tried to get rid of a wood roach, it’s terrible. They suffer. I like stomping on giant bugs about as much as I like discovering them at random."

Edited by QuiteContrary, 16 October 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#88    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,990 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Losing my mojo.

#89    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

horses....but its not a fear i just dont trust them >.> its why i ended up not wanting to be a cowboy.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#90    Jello

Jello

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

I'm terrified of whales.

Links rechts gradeaus du bist im Labyrinth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users