Photo

pple just angsty

Posted by willowdreams , 31 July 2012 · 397 views

I really feel people today take things to such an extreme that we become that which we are fighting.

I think this gay rights thing is turning out to be that way, I am an american woman. i am bisexual. i am atheist, and i am all for gay equal rights.  

i just wish we could do this without becoming evil in doing it. i will freely boycott a company if i feel they are abusing their employees due to their personal beliefs, i will not boycott them because they have personal beliefs that are different then my own.

but it is now the christians boycotting every company not choosing their beliefs, and everyone else boycotting companies that do not support their beliefs, i rarely see anyone waiting to see if the employees are being punished for their employers personal beliefs.

My company is very straight laced in many things, however i will freely admit that they may publically state how many of them feel, they have never pushed it onto us employees.

as long as a company does not use their beliefs/opinions in the hiring process and or how they treat their employees, i just do not find it in me to boycott. maybe i should, but i dont.

i also thing the religious pple are taking certain views way way to far. which is probably why everyone else is going all anal

I read that one preacher is angry because prayers have been taken out of schools, and you cannot pray in public without getting into trouble, and i always hate hearing that, because it is such a huge lie.

prayers were not really taken out of anything.

I know this for a fact.

You can sit anywhere you want and lower your head, or whatever, and have your prayer.
you can do this anywhere, anyhow you want. If you are in a small group thats JUST you all, and you all want to bow your head and quietly so as not to disturb other tables around you, someone can lead you into a prayer.

they have done this at my job, (certain pple anyways), and i have gone out to dinner at places, and seen people do this.. i have gone to public picnics and saw a few families do this.

no one said anything. others didnt join in, they did not need to unless they chose to.

what you cannot do is try to lead the whole place in a prayer, and why shoudl you? many are not of your faith, others are not of any faith. you want your prayer, do it, silently.. or low key with yoruself or a few other likeminded around you.

I heard that one person was upset because they could not hold bible study on their school lawn. well deal with it.

you are going to school for an education. you hold your bible study during other hours. you do not go to church at school, do you? if you do live in a school that has a chapel, then go there and do your bible study groups.

you do not go to your place of work and hold bible studies, you go to work to work.  there is a time and place for most everything. that is just the way it is. that is part of living in a grown up world of people from all over the world with all sorts of beliefs and non beliefs.

pple just angsty over their beliefs not being the one put out front and in charge.

weirdness abounds and i am alive to see it.

Supersquatch
Jul 31 2012 04:30 PM

willowdreams said:

I read that one preacher is angry because prayers have been taken out of schools, and you cannot pray in public without getting into trouble, and i always hate hearing that, because it is such a huge lie.

That preacher hasn't read his own Bible:

Matthew 6:5-6 said:

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Christians who pray and want to pray in public don't do it for the glory of God, they do it for the glory of themself.

willowdreams
Jul 31 2012 08:37 PM
agreed. and thank you.

Recent Comments

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    markdohle
    30 Apr 2014 - 15:08
  • Photo
    Mikko-kun