Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why They Do It

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 18 February 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

Why does the average person understand that this is wrong and unable to entertain the doing of such acts. It seems beyond human nature to me.

Because they've been taught it.

What if you or your interpretation of your surroundings, taught you differently, consciously or un/subconsciously over time, gradually?

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#17    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 18 February 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

It likely depends on which one a person decides to embrace. Do they embrace the dark side or the light side? Embraces need not last forever, though. That's why choice is so important. We all decide to accept or reject a side each moment of our lives. We can choose to move from negative energy to positive energy. The reverse is also true. There are times when it seems difficult to change direction, though, which illustrates why decisions, in the now, are so important.

I think all have the ability to control it,some just do not care to.I have had terrible times in my life when i had thought it might be best if i where not around,but never thought about taking others.Only way i could take another life is if they tried taking mine or one i cared about.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#18    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,453 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

View Post_Only, on 18 February 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

You might be making the mistake of trying to pin one potential cause on every case.

But I've learned that we wire ourselves to a degree, psychologically. Like I mentioned that road, it has branches all over it. Some decided to follow it to where it led them. Just because others chose different routes psychologically, positive or negative, doesn't mean the path is still there, be it chosen.

No, I don't think that there's one cause, although there might be a common mysterious trait that hasn't been addressed. This trait works in concert with other contributing factors in a way that wouldn't affect other people in the same manner.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#19    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 18 February 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

The drugs help some people. Unfortunately, psychopharmacology does anything but benefit the biochemistry of some individuals. It creates or worsens problems, and it causes some people to go off the deep end. How many killers took psychotropic drugs?

Well, keep in mind that the reason these killers wer eon the psychotropic drugs was mainly because they had already existing psychological issues. It would be hard to say that it was then the drug that caused it, as opposed to an already existing brewing problem, right?

But yeah, there's cases where drugs caused killings. I just felt like it almost doesn't count as a reason that would be discussed here, as it would be a form of temporary insanity caused simply by a drug. Which we already know is a very real cause of killings (crystal meth shootouts with police, etc.)

#20    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,453 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 February 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

I think all have the ability to control it,some just do not care to.I have had terrible times in my life when i had thought it might be best if i where not around,but never thought about taking others.Only way i could take another life is if they tried taking mine or one i cared about.

I agree with that. I'm excluding organic brain diseases and injuries, as well as extremely rare psychological disorders when I say that. It's just that it's often hard for us to change course when we've traveled a particular path for a long time. It's not impossible, though.

#21    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,453 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

View Post_Only, on 18 February 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

Well, keep in mind that the reason these killers wer eon the psychotropic drugs was mainly because they had already existing psychological issues. It would be hard to say that it was then the drug that caused it, as opposed to an already existing brewing problem, right?

But yeah, there's cases where drugs caused killings. I just felt like it almost doesn't count as a reason that would be discussed here, as it would be a form of temporary insanity caused simply by a drug. Which we already know is a very real cause of killings (crystal meth shootouts with police, etc.)

They had issues, but the introduction of the drugs to their systems worsened them. They exacerbated their existing conditions. They made them more prone to anger and violence. Why did they murder people *after* they consumed the drugs?

#22    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

I think I'm getting confused here? What type of drugs are we talking about, exactly?

If it's illegal, often rage and confusion inducing drugs like street stimulants, we already know they cause temporary insanity and moments of out of control anger and outbursts. It is a reason as real as getting in an out of control argument and killing someone. There shouldn't be a question that these area  cause of many deaths.

But I thought we were talking about mass murder events where it was found out that the person was taking something like an anti-depressant. I hope you aren't trying to tie drugs like those into making people more prone to anger and violence? I don't think there's been any kind of supporting evidence to allude to that. In this case, who is to say they indeed actuall ykilled a person *after* doing a drug, as opposed to taking that drug every day, which would make them, by default,  kill someone *after* they took a pill. There is a clear jump to tie the two together, that needs some kind of more supporting evidence to safely make the connection, right?

Edited by _Only, 18 February 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#23    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 18 February 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

I agree with that. I'm excluding organic brain diseases and injuries, as well as extremely rare psychological disorders when I say that. It's just that it's often hard for us to change course when we've traveled a particular path for a long time. It's not impossible, though.

Very true and it is also strange that usually when one of these recent events happens others pull a copycat why?If they were raised wrong,or it was just a chemical reaction happening in their brain wouldnt this just be a regular occurrence?I think some now days are just being born without a care or feeling inside of them.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#24    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

View Post_Only, on 18 February 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

I think I'm getting confused here? What type of drugs are we talking about, exactly?

If it's illegal, often rage and confusion inducing drugs like street stimulants, we already know they cause temporary insanity and moments of out of control anger and outbursts. It is a reason as real as getting in an out of control argument and killing someone. There shouldn't be a question that these area  cause of many deaths.

But I thought we were talking about mass murder events where it was found out that the person was taking something like an anti-depressant. I hope you aren't trying to tie drugs like those into making people more prone to anger and violence? I don't think there's been any kind of supporting evidence to allude to that. In this case, who is to say they indeed actuall ykilled a person *after* doing a drug, as opposed to taking that drug every day, which would make them, by default,  kill someone *after* they took a pill. There is a clear jump to tie the two together, that needs some kind of more supporting evidence to safely make the connection, right?

Some of these drugs have been tied to suicidal thoughts and depression.I have even witnessed some who take them have erratic mood swings that come from nowhere.Not saying they are definitely tied together but some of these cases have had this in common.

#25    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

It's just simply that they believe they are getting away with it, the power they weild on society, holding an entire town (sometimes a entire nation) at ransom, and they keep believing that until the day they get caught, even then most are in denial that they were caught, they go through their trial believing they still can get away with it. Until they are found guilty and what you see are the expressions of bewilderment on their faces. How can this be ? How can they catch me ?

Today, the sad thing is that they are beginning to not care whether they get away or not at all, they know how to "get away with it" and never be caught : they kill themselves.

Edited by third_eye, 18 February 2013 - 06:45 AM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#26    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 February 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

It's just simply that they believe they are getting away with it, the power they weild on society, holding an entire town (sometimes a entire nation) at ransom, and they keep believing that until the day they get caught, even then most are in denial that they were caught, they go through their trial believing they still can get away with it. Until they are found guilty and what you see are the expressions of bewilderment on their faces. How can this be ? How can they catch me ?

Today, the sad thing is that they are beginning to not care whether they get away or not at all, they know how to "get away with it" and never be caught : they kill themselves.

You could have another answer there,another reason i say it could be these medicines they prescibe is how and why they prescribe them.Lots of doctors throw these things around like candy.I went to the doctor around 7 months back because my ability to sleep had gotten very bad,and my muscles started to spasm alot.So this one genius writes me something for depression and says it helps with anxiety.I had neither but that was his diagnosis.I didnt take the stuff went to another doc and found out i was correct wasnt my problem at all.He couldnt believe i was given that for my problem.

When people take those meds some dont take them consistently either,that can create a monster of its own right there.

#27    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 February 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

You could have another answer there,another reason i say it could be these medicines they prescibe is how and why they prescribe them.Lots of doctors throw these things around like candy.I went to the doctor around 7 months back because my ability to sleep had gotten very bad,and my muscles started to spasm alot.So this one genius writes me something for depression and says it helps with anxiety.I had neither but that was his diagnosis.I didnt take the stuff went to another doc and found out i was correct wasnt my problem at all.He couldnt believe i was given that for my problem.

When people take those meds some dont take them consistently either,that can create a monster of its own right there.

a pill won't make someone a criminal or killer, the criminal intent is clear in every one. When you know something is right and good, then you by definition knows when something is wrong or bad. Then apply this to the Laws. When you what is against the Laws, then by definition you know what is not against the Law.
Meds and Docs can't change that. It won't make you do what you know you can't, mustn't and sholdn't do.
The thing that sparks it off in the first place is they don't care if it's wrong or against the Law, then they don't care if they get caught. Until they realise they didn't get caught like a lightning striking them down, then they believe they are getting away with it, and they believe they know how to keep getting away with it.
The ones thet get caught is the ones we hear about, there are still many that are not caught yet and sooner or later the numbers of those that are getting away with it reaches a critical mass, then a lot more will get away with a lot more.
Modern society thinks that absolute freedom frees us from social problems, there is no such thing as "absolute" freedom. Simply because there is no such thing as "absolute" bondage.

I have not taken prescription meds (chemicals) or even an aspirin pill for over 20 odd years, I rely on herbs and nature sourced traditional health supplements, the "in" thing now isn't it? :lol:
I just laugh my behind off at what they sell as the latest "hi-tech" health products when it's just a few roots of plants grounded to fine powder. And pay an arm and a leg for something that grows most anywhere.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#28    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Some people are just born mean and evil. Some are made mean and evil due to somerthing triggering it. Most serial murderers, an rapist do it becasue they se nothing wrong with it. They enjoy the Fame the Hunt The Kill or the Rape. In their mind just another day at the office.

#29    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,453 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

View Post_Only, on 18 February 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

No. I'm referring to drugs like anti-depressants. They often make bad situations worse, and they make some people angry and violent. I'm not saying that they always do that. Please don't put words in my mouth. They're a common factor in some murders. There is supporting evidence of this, but you won't hear much of it in the MSM. However, you will hear and read some of it in ads and commercials for drugs. Recall the very long lists of side effects. They're listed for a reason. Also, ask yourself this question. Why have there been more murders after the introduction and distribution of these SSRIs into American society? Why have so many killers and would-be killers taken these psychotropic drugs? It's not just the chicken and the egg at play here. There always have been deeply disturbed people in our country. There haven't always been these kinds of crimes, and they rose as the number of medicated Americans rose.

#30    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,453 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 February 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

Very true and it is also strange that usually when one of these recent events happens others pull a copycat why?If they were raised wrong,or it was just a chemical reaction happening in their brain wouldnt this just be a regular occurrence?I think some now days are just being born without a care or feeling inside of them.

There's a new theory that Adam Lanza tried to copy Anders Breivik. He evidently wished to murder more people. It reminded me of an earlier post that I typed. Some individuals would be mass murderers or serial murderers if they faced no punishment for their crimes. Look at the number of Americans who say things like "nuke Iran" or "nuke Iraq". How many of them would do it if they would have the chance. How many of these callous people match the last sentence in your post? It's a scary thought!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users