Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1451 replies to this topic

#1186    lyanesse

lyanesse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

Oh yeah, I used to read them far too often, and I realized I was just bombarding myself with symbols and images. I generally only do maybe one personal a read a day (if that) and one more if I need a clarifier read. I totally agree about using them too often--they pretty much become useless if you are doing it over and over again.

#1187    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,475 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

View Postlyanesse, on 22 February 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Oh yeah, I used to read them far too often, and I realized I was just bombarding myself with symbols and images. I generally only do maybe one personal a read a day (if that) and one more if I need a clarifier read. I totally agree about using them too often--they pretty much become useless if you are doing it over and over again.

You should read this book IMO:

Amazon.com: The Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages (9781585424917): Paul Foster Case: Books

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#1188    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

I have seen a Hatman once near a tree at night when I was walking to the stor with my stepsister. It didnt have a face, or at least his face was shadowed but I could see he had a top hat and a black suit holding a fancy cane, he looked like a Victorian gentleman. I screamed because I've had nightmares of this man and it startled me to see him in real life. My stepsister didnt see him so I turned and ran home, at the time I was a child and was haveing emotional issues because my dad left us and I kept feeling a presence in my room of an entity standing by my bed. I was Angery cause I have been molested by family members and I'm still
Full of sadness and hatred over it. I have recently had a nightmare that a black hooded figure wanted to get in my house but I was too frightened to let it in and I woke up sweaty and scared

#1189    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostHimawari69, on 25 February 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

I have seen a Hatman once near a tree at night when I was walking to the stor with my stepsister. It didnt have a face, or at least his face was shadowed but I could see he had a top hat and a black suit holding a fancy cane, he looked like a Victorian gentleman. I screamed because I've had nightmares of this man and it startled me to see him in real life. My stepsister didnt see him so I turned and ran home, at the time I was a child and was haveing emotional issues because my dad left us and I kept feeling a presence in my room of an entity standing by my bed. I was Angery cause I have been molested by family members and I'm still
Full of sadness and hatred over it. I have recently had a nightmare that a black hooded figure wanted to get in my house but I was too frightened to let it in and I woke up sweaty and scared

Causing rifts in friendships and families is one the MOs of shadows just like causing nightmares. Former you alone can't have control over that but the latter can be controlled.

#1190    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostXingWi, on 25 February 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Causing rifts in friendships and families is one the MOs of shadows just like causing nightmares. Former you alone can't have control over that but the latter can be controlled.
I haven't seen the hat person anymore tho, I wonder why they are attracted to people with emotional issues?do they want to help or make things worse? This molesting happened when I was seven and I'm 18, I can't bring myself to forgive them nor can I tell my mom, I have told my best friend, maybe I'm slowly learning to accept it happened and that's why I stopped seeing the Hatman. He was really real, there is no way I imagined him, he just seemed so out of place standing so still like that and stareing

#1191    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostAmberlight, on 04 February 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

I have never seen Hat Man, and I am so glad because just the thought of him freaks me out.  I also think the most scary shadowy person / spirit is the "Thin Man." Not much scares me, but images of him freak me out terribly.

I feel badly for those who cannot unsee what has been seen. *shivers*
My mother used to see the 'hat man' and she would get all upset. We thought she was into the bottle or something and would make fun of her. That was all before I ever heard of the hat man or whatever.  Now I feel bad about making fun of her particularly when there are others who claim to see the same things. Who knows they might be real but what they want I have now idea, or why some see them while others do not.

#1192    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostHimawari69, on 26 February 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

I haven't seen the hat person anymore tho, I wonder why they are attracted to people with emotional issues?

These things are always around every living person even if you don't see them. One is even integrated into you as a dark evil part of yourself. Maybe their influence continues if you are still having persistent nightmares.

They aren't attracted just to people with emotional issues. That is a misconception spread from half-baked research of authors whose only purpose seemed to be self-promotion. I didn't have any emotional issues when they came to me.

do they want to help or make things worse?

They are never there to help humans even if they may pretend to help in some rare cases. Evil is evil no matter what disguise it uses. Mine came to me as a spirit guide to "help" me in astral, turned out it had some other very evil agenda. Trusting them was the biggest mistake of my life.

This molesting happened when I was seven and I'm 18, I can't bring myself to forgive them nor can I tell my mom, I have told my best friend, maybe I'm slowly learning to accept it happened and that's why I stopped seeing the Hatman.

Indeed it is unforgivable but not unforgettable. My advice to you is, if possible, you should try to forget about it. It will be best not to speak of it even to your friends. You will just torment yourself with recursive bad memories by doing that.

He was really real, there is no way I imagined him, he just seemed so out of place standing so still like that and stareing

They are real but not "real" as the physical reality that you see. It can be standing, sitting, staring, laughing or doing anything else.... more important issue is that he got you thinking about him by showing himself to you and thats when he achieved half of his goal already. He will achieve the other half when you start trusting him and following him.

I think you should wait for response from Mark Price also (the poster above you). He too has been researching shadows for many years.

#1193    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostXingWi, on 26 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

These things are always around every living person even if you don't see them. One is even integrated into you as a dark evil part of yourself. Maybe their influence continues if you are still having persistent nightmares.

They aren't attracted just to people with emotional issues. That is a misconception spread from half-baked research of authors whose only purpose seemed to be self-promotion. I didn't have any emotional issues when they came to me.

They are never there to help humans even if they may pretend to help in some rare cases. Evil is evil no matter what disguise it uses. Mine came to me as a spirit guide to "help" me in astral, turned out it had some other very evil agenda. Trusting them was the biggest mistake of my life.

Indeed it is unforgivable but not unforgettable. My advice to you is, if possible, you should try to forget about it. It will be best not to speak of it even to your friends. You will just torment yourself with recursive bad memories by doing that.

They are real but not "real" as the physical reality that you see. It can be standing, sitting, staring, laughing or doing anything else.... more important issue is that he got you thinking about him by showing himself to you and thats when he achieved half of his goal already. He will achieve the other half when you start trusting him and following him.

I think you should wait for response from Mark Price also (the poster above you). He too has been researching shadows for many years.
thanks, you cleared up a lot of misconceptions and doubts I had on this

#1194    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

I too have seen this man, but coming out of my sleep at Ft. Gordon Georgia.

When I awoke it felt like the whole room was closing in on me.  I turned around quickly and saw it standing there, it reached for my feet.  Then I awoke enough to where I couldn't see it again.

Many many people are experiencing the shadown men/ hat men, im glad im not alone in this.

#1195    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,475 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostXingWi, on 26 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

One is even integrated into you as a dark evil part of yourself.

That is a very subtle observation that could be easily missed in a thread like this. Carl Jung basically made a living off that observation. But there is something wrong with his theory. They say the shadow is you and you have to integrate it into yourself to be whole. Then they wander through dark corners of a person's psyche  to shed a little light. They never notice the lie because it is so well crafted into their practice. Clients are never told that Carl chose evil to facilitate evil.

Insidious is one way to look at that, especially since so many people are helped by that system.

The problem is the shadow is not you and has its own independent consciousness that easily confuses anyone. Psychic darkness is not this kind of shadow, but it hides there. How can you tell one shadow from another when they are both within? Only when it steps out to confront you can you tell the difference. The normal reaction when that first happens is to scream.

Edited by markprice, 28 February 2013 - 11:43 PM.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#1196    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 28 February 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

That is a very subtle observation that could be easily missed in a thread like this. Carl Jung basically made a living off that observation. But there is something wrong with his theory. They say the shadow is you and you have to integrate it into yourself to be whole. Then they wander through dark corners of a person's psyche  to shed a little light. They never notice the lie because it is so well crafted into their practice. Clients are never told that Carl chose evil to facilitate evil.

Insidious is one way to look at that, especially since so many people are helped by that system.

The problem is the shadow is not you and has its own independent consciousness that easily confuses anyone. Psychic darkness is not this kind of shadow, but it hides there. How can you tell one shadow from another when they are both within? Only when it steps out to confront you can you tell the difference. The normal reaction when that first happens is to scream.

Agreed. As you said earlier Carl Jung had his own agenda and anyone who has an agenda is expected to lie.

My experience tells me shadow-self has a conciousness of its own. In my case, it is a curious watcher. Yet a rebel when you try to integrate your conciousness with its own. In this way it is a seperate "entity" yet a part of you. Seems to me it is integrated on a very lower level near the dense astral body like the "qareen" they say. The devil shadows are entirely different to me and I don't see them as a part of ourselves and neither that they can they be integrated.

It is interesting BTW, even Carl Jung couldn't help but ascribe "evil" to shadow-self despite his own agendas.

#1197    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 208 posts

• I think I'm figuring it out

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostXingWi, on 01 March 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Agreed. As you said earlier Carl Jung had his own agenda and anyone who has an agenda is expected to lie.

My experience tells me shadow-self has a conciousness of its own. In my case, it is a curious watcher. Yet a rebel when you try to integrate your conciousness with its own. In this way it is a seperate "entity" yet a part of you. Seems to me it is integrated on a very lower level near the dense astral body like the "qareen" they say. The devil shadows are entirely different to me and I don't see them as a part of ourselves and neither that they can they be integrated.

It is interesting BTW, even Carl Jung couldn't help but ascribe "evil" to shadow-self despite his own agendas.

I'm a fan of Jung, his work comes up often in my research, but with this topic... I disagree with him.

#1198    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postherenow, on 02 March 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

I'm a fan of Jung, his work comes up often in my research, but with this topic... I disagree with him.

Actually the problem is not with the theory in itself as much as it is in its presentation, it is how it has been deliberately ambiguated to imply different meanings. It is very easy to plagiarize some religious texts and then drape them in oriental occult philosophies, but to pass off the whole 'theory' as a scientific one was the most difficult part.

Edited by XingWi, 03 March 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#1199    Priceyyy

Priceyyy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

My first experience with a shadow person was a small child like being it jumped on me held my quilt over my head and started beating me until I awoke into sleep paralysis.

Now this I dismissed as a dream but my next experience I awoke into a false awakening or astral plane, standing by the right side of my bed was a 5 foot broad shouldered no neck darker than black shadow with burning red eyes staring at me. Imagine Ray Winstone with no neck completely black with red red red eyes. I was quite calm in this half awake astral dream state and told myself out of instinct, "Don't show fear." In a strange decision I turned my hand into the shape of a gun like children do and I pointed my index finger at him like it was a barrel as soon as the finger reached him, I awoke, startled sweating and everything in my room was the exact same as it was in the dreamstate, same level of light and everything. He was just watching me and I was calm when he was staring at me but when I awoke I felt like it was something sinister. It's easy to be skeptical and try and dismiss these as dreams but anybody who has seen one is aware this is not the case these things have an agenda and mind of their own.

Has anybody else seen the broad shouldered neckless one? I've never seen one with a hat although it may be easy to interpret this one as a hooded being. It makes me wonder about the writer of the film Ghost and whether or not he knew something? It is a strange little coincidence that both Swayze and the character actor from Carlito's Way who killed him in the film both died in real life. Also the film's bad guy is the really talented actor Tony Goldwyn he was the villain in Jason Statham's The Mechanic remake. Could the Goldwyn family hold secrets of the afterlife? I'm only joking but I do believe these things are real with a mind of their own, whatever their agenda is who knows?

#1200    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

The Art Bell show about shadows makes a fine example of how the public can be so easily mislead in a cascading manner just by inventing a new name for something that was already known throughout the human history. A marketing gimmick that was only meant to popularize the show by duping the audience into believing that something new was discovered in the paranormal field and that the show was one of the first to bring this "new discovery" to the audience, has now its effects reaching far beyond its audiences, and its effects will probably continue for years to come.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users