Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Personal Messaging Editor misbehaving?

ChrLzs

I've just been having a conversation by PM, and I jumped into the 'full' editor so i could attach a file. Instantly my message got a whole pile of embedded HTML.. These codes were NOT those you can view by changing the editor mode, and they appeared in the message, so it looked like this:

...... in a few weeks..<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
<br />
PS, there's obviously a bug in the messaging system - my message got filled with code also, as soon as I went to the advanced editor to add that image. It's not just you!</p>

Note that this happened to the other participant before it happened to me - she commented on it before I found the same problem.

Rather annoying as the messages look awful, and if you edit the codes out, they immediately return if you dare to Preview...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• ChrLzs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This can happen if you write the message in an external application and then copy and paste it in to the editor.

The newlines are copied along with it and the editor converts them in to <br /> tags.

Odd. I do sometimes use notepad and then copy, but this time, nope.

The only thing that might have triggered it, was that I attached an image file...

Note that if I go into Edit mode on that message right now, everything looks fine, but if I Preview it, the codes return.. Saru, you are welcome to take a look - it is the message I sent at 8:42pm my time..

You'd need to hit "report" on the PM for us to be able to see it.

In any case though, as Invision Board 4.0 is now right around the corner and given that it has a completely new editor it would be best to wait for that - this issue seems to be very rare and there's not much I can do to fix/update the current editor anyway.